Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WH Revoking CA's Authority To Set Its Emissions Standards

Message 11 of 21

@KidBoy2 wrote:

MsStretch posted..

I'm on it! I have noticed the GND is in the dialog a lot more, so peeps are talking about it (witness present company). The older fuddy-duddies may not give a crap about it, but younger voters DO care about the future. There are those who say "We can" and those who say "We can't, why bother?"

I lived in L.A. when the sky was brown. You had to go far beyond the city's limits to see blue sky. Riding a bike was near impossible because you couldn't breathe with all the exhaust being spewed in your face and lungs.

Yes, a good economy is nice, but not if you're dying from a unhealthy environment and pollution. Then life just sucks no matter how much $$$ you have.

======================================================

If you want to do away with all fossil fuels go and help get the "Green New Deal"...and look for the economy to make the depression of the 1930"s look like the good times!

With you and others you do not understand or seem to care what would happen if we did away with fossil fuels..no air planes ..no clean natural gas with millions of homes use and on and on.

There is much that is being done TODAY to reduce our pollution...electric cars is one...the sky is not falling...its time to stop the crying!

One can clearly see the limited problem solving ability of many regressives above.  It's either revoke California's air quality requirements or accept the green new deal...nothing else.  No middle ground.  Most only think in binary terms.....I prefer those who can think past the propaganda of Fox News and the moron in the White House.  Don't you?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

MsStretch posted..

I'm on it! I have noticed the GND is in the dialog a lot more, so peeps are talking about it (witness present company). The older fuddy-duddies may not give a crap about it, but younger voters DO care about the future. There are those who say "We can" and those who say "We can't, why bother?"

I lived in L.A. when the sky was brown. You had to go far beyond the city's limits to see blue sky. Riding a bike was near impossible because you couldn't breathe with all the exhaust being spewed in your face and lungs.

Yes, a good economy is nice, but not if you're dying from a unhealthy environment and pollution. Then life just sucks no matter how much $$$ you have.

======================================================

If you want to do away with all fossil fuels go and help get the "Green New Deal"...and look for the economy to make the depression of the 1930"s look like the good times!

With you and others you do not understand or seem to care what would happen if we did away with fossil fuels..no air planes ..no clean natural gas with millions of homes use and on and on.

There is much that is being done TODAY to reduce our pollution...electric cars is one...the sky is not falling...its time to stop the crying!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

I suggest piping simiar quality of air to that in Los Angeles into the ventilation system at both the White House and EPA.....that should educate the idiots.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I'm on it!  I have noticed the GND is in the dialog a lot more, so peeps are talking about it (witness present company).  The older fuddy-duddies may not give a crap about it, but younger voters DO care about the future.  There are those who say "We can" and those who say "We can't, why bother?" 

I lived in L.A. when the sky was brown.  You had to go far beyond the city's limits to see blue sky.  Riding a bike was near impossible because you couldn't breathe with all the exhaust being spewed in your face and lungs.

Yes, a good economy is nice, but not if you're dying from a unhealthy environment and pollution.  Then life just sucks no matter how much $$$ you have.

Just to echo @john258 , interested in knowing your take on why the GND would put us in a great depression.  Something Donnie tweeted?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

It seems that California standards are a step in the right direction. That being said, how does the trump administration rationalize taking steps backwards?

Once car efficiency standards were established many years back, with California being a leader, who in today’s world is complaining about better efficiency? 

trump is a leader in destruction, but not being a leader in being constructive!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

KidBoy2:   Trump is pro business and a realist...nothing wrong with that with reasonable people.

So are the car makers and California who are telling Trump to go pound sand. Whatever happened to states rights? What happened to the GOP wanting to keep the federal government out of people's business?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

Trump plans on making this announcement while attending fund raisers in L.A. and Silicon Valley.

What is wrong with this guy? He really hates Obama and California that much?

I hope the states and D.C. and auto manufacturers fight this and prove to the rest of America and the world how socially responsible they are, because. if not, the U.S. will be left behind and eventually it will be America first and America alone because their antiquated policies will render their products unfit for global use or trade.

=============================================================

"What is wrong with this guy? He really hates Obama and California that much?"

Trump is pro business and a realist...nothing wrong with that with reasonable people.

Trump is pro Trump and nothing else. Why don't you tell us how the Green new deal will cause what you say. The depression in the 1930 was given to us by the far right, with the final blow when the Reb. put the Smoot Halley Tariffs in place. Trump is on the same path. Dictator's always cause major problems to everything they handle. Look at Hitler for example. It took WW2 to end his destruction. Trump is on the same path as Hitler and time will tell how the Trump era ends. Lets hope with the election in 2020.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

To a dictator, "states rights" only applies to you know....those things he agree's with.  What a pinhead!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21
MsStretch posted..

Trump plans on making this announcement while attending fund raisers in L.A. and Silicon Valley.

What is wrong with this guy? He really hates Obama and California that much?

I hope the states and D.C. and auto manufacturers fight this and prove to the rest of America and the world how socially responsible they are, because. if not, the U.S. will be left behind and eventually it will be America first and America alone because their antiquated policies will render their products unfit for global use or trade.

=============================================================

"What is wrong with this guy? He really hates Obama and California that much?"

Trump is pro business and a realist...nothing wrong with that with reasonable people.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

He does seem to have a problem of acting "responsibly" or taking responsibility seriously!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors