Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WE WERE LIKE, 'WHAT IS THIS SH*T?'

Message 1 of 4

From Chasky's post titled: "Turkey Has Our Nukes. Why?" an article within this article titled "The U.S. saved Kurds like me in Iraq. Now Trump is indifferent to our slaughter."

Here is the article from NBCNews.com- 10/14/19 - "Yerevan Saeed Turkey's attack on Kurds in Syria betrays those doing the fighting against ISIS - and dying"

I urge people to look at the map of the area these people have been trying desperately to live in and remember that the Jew's were given a land!

Yerevan Saeed Turkey's attack on Kurds in Syria betrays those doing the fighting against ISIS — and dying
The U.S. save Kurds like me in Iraq. Now Trump's letting us be slaughtered in Rojava.
Image: TURKEY-SYRIA-CONFLICT-KURDS
Smoke rises from the Syrian town of Ras al-Ain on Monday, the sixth day of Turkey's military operation against Kurdish forces.Ozan Kose / AFP - Getty Images

Oct. 14, 2019, 5:46 PM EDT
By Yerevan Saeed, former White House correspondent for Kurdish Rudaw TV

The Oct. 6 phone call between President Donald Trump and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan spelled disaster for Kurds in northern Syria. The Kurds have been the United States’ strongest allies in the fight against the Islamic State militant group since 2014 and have controlled the most peaceful and democratic part of Syria, known as Rojava, since the start of its civil war in 2011. Even so, Trump tacitly gave a green light to Erdogan to launch a military invasion against the Kurds, which began days later.

My fellow Kurds and I are shocked at the indifference of the Trump administration toward its most reliable partner in the fight against ISIS.

The Turkish military assault, which is backed by some Syrian rebel forces with questionable ties to the terror groups al-Qaeda and Jabhat al-Nusra, has already displaced over 130,000 Kurds, Arabs, Yazidis and Christians and killed at least 38 civilians and wounded hundreds more.

Ankara declared this war on Kurds under the pretext of “security concerns” along its border with Syria, claiming that the Kurdish YPG fighters in Syria are linked to the Turkey-based Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) — which has been in conflict with Ankara for the last three decades and launched attacks in cities such as Istanbul. But there has never been an attack from the Kurdish-held territories in Syria into Turkey. On the contrary, Rojava has been a buffer zone preventing extremist fighters from launching attacks into Turkey and, on a larger scale, the European countries.

For Kurds such as myself, watching the footage of Kurdish children being killed, wounded and displaced as a result of Trump giving Erdogan a free hand is not just heart-wrenching and deeply disappointing, it’s also shocking. My fellow Kurds and I are shocked at the indifference of the Trump administration toward its most reliable partner in the fight against ISIS. And we are shocked at its indifference in giving up on the United States’ most successful story in the world's most anti-American neighborhood — one Washington has devoted so many resources to protecting and nurturing over the last three years.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

What are "frienimies"?!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

trump is a VERY small person....he throws everyone under the bus.

If this story is true, and I don't doubt that it is, this is unfathomable.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

WE WERE LIKE, 'WHAT IS THIS SH*T?'

Message 4 of 4

https://www.newsweek.com/us-fire-back-turkey-syria-strike-1464837

EXCLUSIVE: KURDISH ALLIES LEARNED OF TRUMP'S SYRIA PULLOUT ON TWITTER: "WE WERE LIKE, 'WHAT IS THIS SH*T?'"

The U.S. foreign policy establishment, the Pentagon and leaders of Donald Trump's own party were taken by surprise by the president's announcement, after a phone call with his Turkish counterpart, that the administration would pull back U.S. troops from certain positions in northern Syria.

Newsweek sources say Washington's crucial allies in the area, the fighters of Syria's Kurdish ethnic minority, were blindsided as well.

"No one in the U.S. government told us" about the U.S. decision to reposition troops, or possibly even pull out of northern Syria as Trump suggested, a Kurdish intelligence official tells Newsweek.

"When we heard the news of American withdrawals, well, it was over Twitter, we had no idea, we were like, 'What is this **bleep**?'"

Comment :

I suspect the US Special Forces training the Kurds in Syria said the same thing.  Did Trump throw the US Special Forces and the Kurds under the bus to distract the public from his impeachment / crimes?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors