From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WE NEED TRUMP'S BORDER WALL PLUS OTHER MEASURES TO REDUCE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Message 91 of 140

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 6.01.19 AM.png

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WE NEED TRUMP'S BORDER WALL PLUS OTHER MEASURES TO REDUCE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Message 92 of 140

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

So that would be dimensions Nada by Nothing, since additional physical barriers are totally unnecessary and serve only the ego of the Orange Toad.

And when the Dem leadership was all for a fence, were they "purple worms"?

You keep flipping between using the terms "a fence" (not what any Democrat said) and "fencing" which has a completely different connotation in this case.  I understand why you do this.  If you were frank about the fact that FENCING has valuable applications around any CBP installation but the term "A fence" connotes a single border wall.  It can mean chain link up to the famous "slats" Trump preferred (until Kelly mentioned it). 

So, words mean things and conservatives keep trying to win the argument by shifting the words with every discussion. 

A contiguous barrier along the southern border is an unworkable concept and Democrats and loath to add to the Trump deficit by agreeing to one in any form. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 140

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Trump's original promise was a wall across the entire border with Mexico which would be funded by the Mexican government.  It has since been shown to be completely unworkable and unnecessary across much of that border.  There were never any explanations on how the government was going to acquire the private lands it needed. How they would handle the water rights and other treaties a wall would violate. How they would respond to the disruptions to wildlife migration patters which are extremely important to the ecosystems in the Southwest. 

Now, Trump has closed the government for 100 miles of wall in locations to be named later and to be funded by the American taxpayer. He tried to mousetrap the Democrats by putting negotiations on TV without their agreement and they made a fool of him.  He has changed his position so many times that  neither the Democrats nor the Republicans will support anything until Trump makes his position very clear and very public. 

So, we are presented with a wall we don't need, don't want, don't want to pay for, with no plan for implementation or for any of the policy decisions to get it done. 

I think that is a pretty good summary. 

If you can show where he said he wanted to wall the entire border with Mexico, I'll say he was wrong. If not I will say you are making stuff up.

Time will tell.

He said this:

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."

Perhaps I do not understand. I have an open mind. How long "a" wall was he speaking of? The word "a" would indicate a contiguous wall

How much border does it have to be to be get the term "great wall"?

When will we see the agreement with Mexico for them to pay for this wall?

If he only mean 30 or 40 feet of chain link fence behind the Columbus CBP station, I am all over it then. 

How long a wall? As long as circumstances dictate within the context of the total package of border security.

So that would be dimensions Nada by Nothing, since additional physical barriers are totally unnecessary and serve only the ego of the Orange Toad.

And when the Dem leadership was all for a fence, were they "purple worms"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 140

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Trump's original promise was a wall across the entire border with Mexico which would be funded by the Mexican government.  It has since been shown to be completely unworkable and unnecessary across much of that border.  There were never any explanations on how the government was going to acquire the private lands it needed. How they would handle the water rights and other treaties a wall would violate. How they would respond to the disruptions to wildlife migration patters which are extremely important to the ecosystems in the Southwest. 

Now, Trump has closed the government for 100 miles of wall in locations to be named later and to be funded by the American taxpayer. He tried to mousetrap the Democrats by putting negotiations on TV without their agreement and they made a fool of him.  He has changed his position so many times that  neither the Democrats nor the Republicans will support anything until Trump makes his position very clear and very public. 

So, we are presented with a wall we don't need, don't want, don't want to pay for, with no plan for implementation or for any of the policy decisions to get it done. 

If you can show where he said he wanted to wall the entire border with Mexico, I'll say he was wrong. If not I will say you are making stuff up.

Time will tell.

He said this:

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."

Perhaps I do not understand. I have an open mind. How long "a" wall was he speaking of? The word "a" would indicate a contiguous wall

If he only mean 30 or 40 feet of chain link fence behind the Columbus CBP station, I am all over it then. 

How long a wall? As long as circumstances dictate within the context of the total package of border security.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 140

@mickstuder wrote:

Mount Everest .jpg

Can you propose an alternate deterrent - it doesn't have to guarantee 100% success.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 140

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The Sheriff can blame anyone he wants. It does not change the fact the Vain Wall of Trump will do NOTHING to increase border security.

How many of those deaths are because Der Trumpers border patrols destroy water caches left by "humainitarians" to prevent immigrants from dying of thurst in the desert?

They are dying of "thurst" because they chose to enter the country illegally.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 140

@Richva wrote:

I still do not see a connection between illegal immigration, the death of an officer, and a wall.  The wall won't work and Trump is only asking for enough wall funding to put one up between, say, Detroit and Toledo.  Not a lot of wall there kids. 

It is a shame the officer was killed but why pick on the immigration status. What about short or tall people? What about meat eaters vs vegetarians?  How can you pick up on one characteristic of the accused shooter and say AHA.  

Oh sure, if he had not been in the country, it would not have happened but that is true for EVERY shooting. If the shooter had not been in the country, it would not have happened.  

We have no laws regarding height or eating tastes. But we do have immigrations policies and laws.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 140

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Top paraphrase Hofbauer "Our Southern border, without Trump's vanity wall, is like a fish without a bicycle."

Now, for Trumpettes, the wall looks like something that would harm poor brown people, so they're all for it no matter what it costs. For those of us who do not need to feel better by harming others, the wall is an obscene monument to lil donny trump's insatiable ego and infantile thinking - nothing more.

Isn't Hofbauer the guy who moved Delta Airlines to GA to avoid taxes?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 140

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@rk9152  I suggest you might want to read this article and then discuss how the American government kept promises and how they manipulated boundaries to begin with.

www.victoriana.com/history/nativeamericans.html

I gave you the benefit of my doubt and looked for information on the topic. From what I read, it appears that the immigrants (European settlers) just moved in,claimed the land portions they wanted and told them (Native Americans) what they could have, no?

You have well described circumstances in the Colonial Era and afterwards in colonized areas.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 140

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Time will tell.

He said this:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors