Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WE NEED TRUMP'S BORDER WALL PLUS OTHER MEASURES TO REDUCE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Message 11 of 140
@Jim, These deaths do not matter to a party that will only see them as a large number where some deaths do not matter, they are just looking for the survivors to vote. They have no real platform, so they pretend they care about the safety of this group Then, there are some who have this garbage script playing in their head and it is too late to try to change it for something else more reasonable. It has been fed to them too long. Watch for some who use the same script over and over. Play on names over and over. It reminds me of a puppet show. The rest, sad as it is may be a group who for whatever reason just want the pat on the back for a post.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WE NEED TRUMP'S BORDER WALL PLUS OTHER MEASURES TO REDUCE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Message 12 of 140

The Vainglorious Wall of Trump is a waste of time, will do nothing to improve border security and diverts countless billions from EFFECTIVE means of border control.

That said, the Trumpcult was told he'd give them a wall Mexico, will pay for it, and then they'll get the pay raises they think Mexicans and Affirmative Action have kept them from getting for the last 20 years.

lil donny needs to keep them thinking that so they'll grab their guns and rush into the streets to rescue him when the FBI slaps on the cuffs and drags him out of his Offal Office to stand trial for Treason.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 140

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The right loves to champion imaginary issues because they are so easy to solve. Put $5 billion in spending for a wall and, presto, illegal immigration is solved. We have all read the facts on illegal immigration. Most illegal immigrants arrive by air. Immigrants are less likely to commit a crime than native born. the caravans present themselves to CBP at the border,  Illegal immigration has been dropping for 10 years. 

There is one fact about illegal immigration.  It is an imaginary problem and perfect for Republicans to solve. 

I have heard no one say anything like, " presto, illegal immigration is solved" - have you?

It is a major issue that requires a lot more serious attention than it is getting. Once the wall issue is settled, I hope they sit down and do some serious talking on the basics like our concept of immigration and the laws and rules (and, of course, enforcement actions) needed to make it happen.

Democrats are well aware of the need for better border controls.  I think the wall issue is pretty much settled unless Trump is planning an emergency declaration or another shutdown.  I would welcome either from him. 

The Democrats put quite a bit of money into border security in the last proposal. The one that had bi partisan support and then Trump backed out? You know.  They just aren't into 16th century technology in places we don't need it. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 140

@Richva wrote:

The right loves to champion imaginary issues because they are so easy to solve. Put $5 billion in spending for a wall and, presto, illegal immigration is solved. We have all read the facts on illegal immigration. Most illegal immigrants arrive by air. Immigrants are less likely to commit a crime than native born. the caravans present themselves to CBP at the border,  Illegal immigration has been dropping for 10 years. 

There is one fact about illegal immigration.  It is an imaginary problem and perfect for Republicans to solve. 

I have heard no one say anything like, " presto, illegal immigration is solved" - have you?

It is a major issue that requires a lot more serious attention than it is getting. Once the wall issue is settled, I hope they sit down and do some serious talking on the basics like our concept of immigration and the laws and rules (and, of course, enforcement actions) needed to make it happen.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 140

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Fiber-Optics make much more sense than a stupid medieval wall. Much more effective and much, much cheaper.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fiber-optic-sensing-technology-vs-border-wall-2019-2

In fact, a Texas Republican in Congress endorses it:

https://www.businessinsider.com/will-hurd-border-security-idea-fiber-optic-cable-instead-of-wall-201...

There are many elements in border security - high tech, low tech, legal just to name three. It is the package that does the job.

As to medieval - his spiked thing is no older than the fencing previously approved by the Dems. And I believe both too have a place in the total package.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 140

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 140

Fiber-Optics make much more sense than a stupid medieval wall. Much more effective and much, much cheaper.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fiber-optic-sensing-technology-vs-border-wall-2019-2

In fact, a Texas Republican in Congress endorses it:

https://www.businessinsider.com/will-hurd-border-security-idea-fiber-optic-cable-instead-of-wall-201...

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 140

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

JIMC wrote-BTW,  The left here is still using the term "Trump Cult members" in an effort to insult people that support the President's current agenda.  Is it maybe time to resurrect the equally insulting term "LIBTARDS" ???  What say you Ed?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Being a Trump cult member is a term I wear like a red badge of courage( or a red maga hat).  The more sucessful Trump is the more they act like Libtards but do we really have to tell them or in their hearts they know it is true?

You are right...  Libtards do seem to hate it when he keeps his promises and the country benefits from  his positive agenda...

I’m still waiting for Trump to do something positive for the United States. What country were you referring to?

Well, the economy is doing very well and many previously unemployed have jobs. Might that be considered positive?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 140

@afisher wrote:

Confirmed today:   GOP still buy everything relative to fear-mongering, regardless of truthfulness of claim. 

What is the fear-mongering you are, oh my, talking about?

I ask because I am a registered Republican and I see the sun shining every day and am not in fear or mongered.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 140

@jimc91 wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

JIMC wrote-BTW,  The left here is still using the term "Trump Cult members" in an effort to insult people that support the President's current agenda.  Is it maybe time to resurrect the equally insulting term "LIBTARDS" ???  What say you Ed?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Being a Trump cult member is a term I wear like a red badge of courage( or a red maga hat).  The more sucessful Trump is the more they act like Libtards but do we really have to tell them or in their hearts they know it is true?

You are right...  Libtards do seem to hate it when he keeps his promises and the country benefits from  his positive agenda...

I’m still waiting for Trump to do something positive for the United States. What country were you referring to?

Kudos
Views