Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WE NEED TRUMP'S BORDER WALL PLUS OTHER MEASURES TO REDUCE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Message 21 of 140

Confirmed today:   GOP still buy everything relative to fear-mongering, regardless of truthfulness of claim. 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: WE NEED TRUMP'S BORDER WALL PLUS OTHER MEASURES TO REDUCE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Message 22 of 140

IF Mr. T. says we need it, chances are (I think!) better than 50/50 we don't need any such thing. Here's a great summary of "Presidential honesty index for the Donald" Fact Checking the Donald 

IF he were still just doing his TV show, lying like he does would be bad but at least entertaining. However now that he's got the whold national government resource(s) at his disposal, this is (I think) a nightmare. Donald is delusional...no? I think so. A lifetime spent playing the "art of the deal" as any con artist can be expected to do, is not a foundation for making a good U.S. president.

Much more I could say, but time is essential. Kind regards.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 140

Hey Olderscout,  LOL....THAT is what one refers to as "creative accounting", no???

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 140

@Panjandrum wrote:

aruzinsky:  In a related story, I am going to build an electric fence to keep squirrels out of my corn patch next summer because, last summer, they ate 95% of my corn.  The materials are surprisingly cheap:

Don't be surprised if it doesn't work. I have a 4' board fence and this summer I adopted a dog that can almost jump it.  Not trusting that he'd never make it over, I bought a solar charger and ran a wire along the top board. The squirrels seem to sense the danger and they're able to come and go as always while avoiding the live wire. That surprised me, but it took them no time to get the hang of it.

ps.....it's also not as cheap as you think considering the investment in grounding rods, insulated wire, clamps, wire (the hot wire) insulators, etc. The same applies whether you go with solar or AC. I used solar to avoid the hassle of having to plug it in.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/american-farmworks-2-mile-solar-fence-low-impedance-charge...

Am I correct in assuming that you are a woman?  Your squirrels aren't grounded when they touch the wire.  Neither will your dog be grounded, if he jumps.

Rebar, which I already have on hand, and costs about $1, can be used as grounding rods.  I already listed the costs of the rest of the materials which you ignored. 

"I used solar to avoid the hassle of having to plug it in.

Bwah ha, ha. That's hilarious considering the effort many people put into outdoor Xmas decorations. 

Not solar powered:

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 140

easyed598: Same fence? I dont think Trump wants a 4 foot high mesh fence.

Concentrate hard Ed. Your graphic asked why people have to put a fence around a pool, but they don't want Trump's fence. I was addressing why fences are needed around pools and that they aren't the same at all as border fencing.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 140

WOW! I had no idea how bad our undocumented population really is. According the jimc's source Brett Velicovich:

Immigrants committed 25,000 homicides, which is 267% of ALL homicides(9,374)

Immigrants committed 70,000 sexual assaults, which is 119% of ALL sex crimes(58,898)

But they only committed 55% of all robberies and 88% of all kidnappings.

No wonder Republicans are so terrified of poor brown refugees.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 140

aruzinsky:  In a related story, I am going to build an electric fence to keep squirrels out of my corn patch next summer because, last summer, they ate 95% of my corn.  The materials are surprisingly cheap:

Don't be surprised if it doesn't work. I have a 4' board fence and this summer I adopted a dog that can almost jump it.  Not trusting that he'd never make it over, I bought a solar charger and ran a wire along the top board. The squirrels seem to sense the danger and they're able to come and go as always while avoiding the live wire. That surprised me, but it took them no time to get the hang of it.

ps.....it's also not as cheap as you think considering the investment in grounding rods, insulated wire, clamps, wire (the hot wire) insulators, etc. The same applies whether you go with solar or AC. I used solar to avoid the hassle of having to plug it in.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/american-farmworks-2-mile-solar-fence-low-impedance-charge...

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 140

In a related story, I am going to build an electric fence to keep squirrels out of my corn patch next summer because, last summer, they ate 95% of my corn.  The materials are surprisingly cheap:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fi-Shock-EAC10A-FS-Electric-Fence-Charger-AC-Powered-10-Acre-Small-Animal/1...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fi-Shock-Electric-Fence-Wire-250-Aluminum/232855897353?hash=item36374b0509:...Smiley Tongue

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fi-Shock-25-Pack-Extendable-High-tensile-Wood-Post-Electric-Fence-Insulator...

BTW, tax free; screw Amazon.  I also will use wooden posts and chicken wire that I already have on hand.

I know what you are going to say, "Why don't you just shoot them?"  I shot one once and it bothered my conscience more than I anticipated.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 140

easyed598:  Tell that to the 12 American families whose family member was killed by an  illegal alien every day.

Panj wrote-Not that you'll quit believing it, but you're repeating another Trump lie. Do you EVER fact check anything?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My source says 12/day -your source says1.2/day and neither is confirmed. Even if your source is correct that means about 400 murders are committed by illegals every year. Is that a figure you can live with?  In my opinion ONE is too many. Especially when it comes to policemen or border guards.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 140

Panj- wrote- Short explanation is that a fence around a pool works because small children rarely have the ability to climb over it. How long do you think that same fence would keep out a determined, athletic adult?---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Same fence? I dont think Trump wants a 4 foot high mesh fence. A 30 foot high wall(or steel barrior) is a different story. It will  keep out women ,children and most 18 year old males. Where has logic gone?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22