From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WE ARE FOR WOMEN'S RIGHTS........EXCEPT

Message 21 of 32

@Soosie wrote:
I'm not fine with the government controlling my body. @tempermental..........I'm not fine with anyone controlling my body except me. I don't like a group of senior men thinking they can decide for me. I also think I am smart enough to keep my pants up and not get myself pregnant if it is not the right time. As a taxpayer, I should not have to pay for abortions for women who must not be smart enough to do this. Now, I know some will throw rapes and the "well stuff happens", but I would like for them to include the stats when they do. What I see are women who find it inconvenient to have a child. In that case it should have been just as inconvenient to sleep with the baby daddy.

Women get to control their body all the time, not just when having sex. To limit

legal abortion only to rape or incest is basically telling a woman she only “earns” a right over her body if she’s already been violated by men.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 32
What the frumpy lady is saying sounds a lot like what old white men say about all this. Started a long, long time ago in a place far, far away. Still around. @umbarch.......just had to throw in "frumpy lady, huh'? That should endear you with a few women. Not sure how the old white men will take it. You may can get by with it. If I called one of them old they would have a cow,
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 32
I'm not fine with the government controlling my body. @tempermental..........I'm not fine with anyone controlling my body except me. I don't like a group of senior men thinking they can decide for me. I also think I am smart enough to keep my pants up and not get myself pregnant if it is not the right time. As a taxpayer, I should not have to pay for abortions for women who must not be smart enough to do this. Now, I know some will throw rapes and the "well stuff happens", but I would like for them to include the stats when they do. What I see are women who find it inconvenient to have a child. In that case it should have been just as inconvenient to sleep with the baby daddy.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 32
older posted..

The sanctimonous Republican demand for total Government protection of a fetus right up to the point it can survive OUTSIDE the womb at which time it's on its own is repugnant to all thinking and caring human beings.

Same train of thought that compells GOPers to insist Corporations receive all the protections afforded to actual people under the Constitution - they just want to make sure the Power to Decide is as far away from the actual people as possible

==================================================

Sense when is pro life a Republican "thing"? It is not. Its more a religion issue with the Catholic Church pro life and last time I looked Catholics are more Democrats than Republicans....but with you everything is a political issue...you are wrong on this issue.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 32

I'm fine with people expressing their anti-choice views. 

I'm not fine with the government controlling my body. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 32
@MLseker.......so sorry that you didn't get it at all. Maybe next time.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 32

@rker321 Soosie did say that's what she was gonna do.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 32

@MIseker wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

we are for women's rights as long as they agree with us.jpg

\

Interesting thought. The pro life group complaining about people telling them what to do, and all THEY want is to dictate to women about their own bodies. 

I love it when anti rights groups whine about their rights. Thanks for pointing this hypocrisy out. 

What the frumpy lady is saying sounds a lot like what old white men say about all this.  Started a long, long time ago in a place far, far away. Still around.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 32

@MIseker wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

we are for women's rights as long as they agree with us.jpg

\

Hey Soosie, did you have to replenish your cartoon file?  and ys, I  happen to disasgree with you almost all the time.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 32

The sanctimonous Republican demand for total Government protection of a fetus right up to the point it can survive OUTSIDE the womb at which time it's on its own is repugnant to all thinking and caring human beings.

Same train of thought that compells GOPers to insist Corporations receive all the protections afforded to actual people under the Constitution - they just want to make sure the Power to Decide is as far away from the actual people as possible.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors