Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WE ARE FOR WOMEN'S RIGHTS........EXCEPT

Message 1 of 32

@Soosie wrote:
And by the way, you do not have to pay for any woman's abortion. Ever hear of the Hyde Amendment?@ Cirice...........what keeps the clinics open?

Donations.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 32

@Soosie wrote:
I'm not fine with the government controlling my body. @tempermental..........I'm not fine with anyone controlling my body except me. I don't like a group of senior men thinking they can decide for me. I also think I am smart enough to keep my pants up and not get myself pregnant if it is not the right time. As a taxpayer, I should not have to pay for abortions for women who must not be smart enough to do this. Now, I know some will throw rapes and the "well stuff happens", but I would like for them to include the stats when they do. What I see are women who find it inconvenient to have a child. In that case it should have been just as inconvenient to sleep with the baby daddy.

Since the government has banned the funding of abortions since 1976, your taxes have not been paying for abortions for over 40 years.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 32

@Soosie wrote:
And by the way, you do not have to pay for any woman's abortion. Ever hear of the Hyde Amendment?@ Cirice...........what keeps the clinics open?

Do some of your tax dollars go towards keeping family planning clinics open? Yes.

Do some of your tax dollars go towards paying for abortions? No.

Do you have a problem with some of your tax dollars helping low income women pay for their annual cervical cancer screenings?  Do you have a problem with some of your tax dollars helping low income men and women pay for birth control? Do you have a problem with some of your tax dollars helping low income men and women pay for screening/treatment of STDs?

If you answer "no" to these questions -- congratulations! You approve of how some of your tax dollars are being used. However, if you can only answer "yes" to these questions, then you have problems with humanity and you need help. And I would be happy to have some of my tax dollars go towards helping you. But only if you are low income, of course.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 32

@Soosie wrote:
@what the frumpy lady is saying sounds a lot like what old white men say about all this. Started a long, long time ago in a place far, far away. Still around. @umbarch.......just had to throw in "frumpy lady, huh'? That should endear you with a few women. Not sure how the old white men will take it. You may can get by with it. If I called one of them old they would have a cow,

Now, now, Soosie.....I didn't draw that cartoon.  I didn't print that cartoon.  I didn't publish that cartoon.  I didn't crib it to repost on a social media forum....you chose to do that.  If you have a problem with ladies being depicted as frumpy, take it up with the guy who drew it.

Oh, I did say it was you who chose to use it as you did.....yup, sure did.  As far as the old white guys who started all this....well....they're long gone and I don't believe in ghosts so I have no worries.  The ones who picked up the torch and carry it today....well...let me say it this way....I've met more than a few.  I'm still here.  Take that any way you wish.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 32

One of the biggest problems that I have with cartoons, is that they provide shelter for any poster that doesn't have what it takes to enter the arena and fight for what they believe.

Everyone here knows that I have been pummelled by everyone in this message board but, I still come here and post and make my voice heard. The Cartoons are not funny but sometimes vindictive, divisive, and simply do not in reality  provide  a complete picture of whatever reality they are trying to convey

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 32

@Soosie wrote:
Women get to control their body all the time, not just when having sex. To limit

legal abortion only to rape or incest is basically telling a woman she only “earns” a right over her body if she’s already been violated by men..........@tempermental......I can't find the logic to your post. Are you saying any woman who has a one night fling and gets pregnant should have the right to have my tax dollars pay for her bad choice? Seems to me she should use better judgement. I would like to see better morals represented. Is this woman so dumb she doesn't realize that if you have unprotected sex you can become pregnant or end up with a STD? I guess I thought women were smarter than this.

You have an extremely limited view of why women have abortions. And you choose the reason that allows you to look down on others. And for that, you seem to want to limit every woman’s right to govern her own body.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 32

@Soosie wrote:
‎09-04-2018 05:09 AM
@Soosie—How can anyone choose which babies are neglected, abused, and forced to suffer?

To think all unwanted children are given up for adoption is fantasy. People like you guilt others into not only having, but keeping unwanted children and the results are disasterous. @Phyllis.......I doubt I have caused anyone to have an unwanted child. BUT, if this is your line of thinking, then perhaps you have caused enough guilt for someone to abort an unwanted child. I would hate to have that be something I did.

Soosie,  I can see that   in your post you are assuming guilt on posters. Isn't  that something that may be your opinion rather what in reality happens.?
No one has the power to mandate another to abort a child,  As Laura Bush Stated in her book    "The termination of a pregnancy is the most intimate decision that any wioman will make"
I truly believe in those words, .

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 32

Hello everyone.  

Please remember to post according to the guidelines, and respect each other even when you disagree.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 32

@Soosie

@Soosie wrote:
@Soosie—How can anyone choose which babies are neglected, abused, and forced to suffer?

To think all unwanted children are given up for adoption is fantasy. People like you guilt others into not only having, but keeping unwanted children and the results are disasterous. @Phyllis.......I doubt I have caused anyone to have an unwanted child. BUT, if this is your line of thinking, then perhaps you have caused enough guilt for someone to abort an unwanted child. I would hate to have that be something I did.

@Soosie—And you would be wrong. I have seen first hand what happens to unwanted children. I spent 23 years trying to help unwanted progeny gain confidence and find their place in life.

No, I hurt no one, but then again, I didn’t try to force simplistic ideals that only served to victimize onto them or others. I leave that to people who invent excuses like “taxpayer dollars being used on abortions.”

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 32

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors