Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WE ARE FOR WOMEN'S RIGHTS........EXCEPT

Message 11 of 32

@Soosie—How can anyone choose which babies are neglected, abused, and forced to suffer? 

To think all unwanted children are given up for adoption is fantasy. People like you guilt others into not only having, but keeping unwanted children and the results are disasterous. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 32

PPL is not allowed by Federal Law to perform abortions. This is because of the Hyde Amendment. Other abortions are paid for by private insurance ( and not all will pay),  or out of pocket. Many clinics are kept open via private support.  

You have a right to your opinion, but you have no right to try to stop abortion anymore than you woild have the right to stop blood transfusions for all if you were a Johovah Witness. 

But if you really feel you must protest  wasted tax payer money, you should protest  the over 100 days trump has used YOUR money to get to golf courses and play. The SS and  cost of travel expenses are huge.

Or you could protest all the money he has wasted having his delusions ( such as millions of  people voting illegally—they weren’t) looked into. 

That should make you happy because you worry about having to pay for the bad decisions of others, in protesting these actions of trump at least, unlike your refusal to understand the result of an unwanted child, your protest won’t hurt the innocent, but, rather, actually help society and the innocent.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 32
So, pro-lifers, tell the world your views, but it would be nice if you would all step up to raise a child whose mother couldn't find access to, afford, or was guilted out of an abortion and didn’t and doesn’t want her baby. Simplistic thinking with regard to this issue negatively impacts generations. @Phyllis.............I did step up to raise a child. I have an adopted son. Never would I reduce this to the level you described because he was most wanted and has become a fine man. I am grateful that his birth mother chose to give birth to him and make the decision to place him for adoption. We wanted a second child but there were few babies because so many women chose adoption. We also learned many couples don't get a second baby because they are not available. I have never been able to understand how a woman chooses to have one child, yet aborts another. How can someone choose which baby lives?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 32
And by the way, you do not have to pay for any woman's abortion. Ever hear of the Hyde Amendment?@ Cirice...........what keeps the clinics open?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 32
Women get to control their body all the time, not just when having sex. To limit

legal abortion only to rape or incest is basically telling a woman she only “earns” a right over her body if she’s already been violated by men..........@tempermental......I can't find the logic to your post. Are you saying any woman who has a one night fling and gets pregnant should have the right to have my tax dollars pay for her bad choice? Seems to me she should use better judgement. I would like to see better morals represented. Is this woman so dumb she doesn't realize that if you have unprotected sex you can become pregnant or end up with a STD? I guess I thought women were smarter than this.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 32

@Cirice—RE: Hyde Amendment—This is typical of the ignorance of those who watch propaganda and never research on their own. Claiming tax payers will have to pay for abortions is an often used—and untrue— argument of the lying Right and pigs like  trump and enablers. 

What taxpayers end up paying for are the result of unwanted children, the negative impact of which may easily continue  on for generations.

Isn’t it funny how easily people who follow trump and the GOP philosophy are duped? Now if we can just figure out a way to get these people to believe the truth that is screaming to be heard and is right in front of their very blind eyes.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 32

@Soosie wrote:
I'm not fine with the government controlling my body. @tempermental..........I'm not fine with anyone controlling my body except me. I don't like a group of senior men thinking they can decide for me. I also think I am smart enough to keep my pants up and not get myself pregnant if it is not the right time. As a taxpayer, I should not have to pay for abortions for women who must not be smart enough to do this. Now, I know some will throw rapes and the "well stuff happens", but I would like for them to include the stats when they do. What I see are women who find it inconvenient to have a child. In that case it should have been just as inconvenient to sleep with the baby daddy.

So men are not smart enough to keep their pants up if it's not the right time? Or is it just that you don't hold men to the same high standard?

And by the way, you do not have to pay for any woman's abortion. Ever hear of the Hyde Amendment?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 32

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I'm fine with people expressing their anti-choice views. 

I'm not fine with the government controlling my body. 

@ManicProgressive—EXACTLY!!  But there is more to the story.

I spent my career dealing with children whose parents, for the most part, never wanted them. Be nice if those who are so anti-abortion think past the pregnancy to the lives of abuse and neglect these unwanted babies often suffer.

Short sightedness with regard to this issue often means years of suffering for innocent children. 

Pregnancy is much more than what is happening in a women’s body for a nine month period, although NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ANYONE WHAT CAN AND CANNOT BE DONE TO HER OWN BODY. Unwanted children often suffer all their lives, and, often, because they learned no parenting skills from their own parents, carry on a pattern of neglect and abuse to their own children. 

So, pro-lifers, tell the world your views, but it would be nice if you would all step up to raise a child whose mother couldn't find access to, afford, or was guilted out of an abortion and didn’t and doesn’t want her baby. Simplistic thinking with regard to this issue negatively impacts generations.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 32

Soosie:  As a taxpayer, I should not have to pay for abortions for women who must not be smart enough to do this. 

In U.S. politics, the Hyde Amendment is a legislative provision barring the use of federal funds to pay for abortion except to save the life of the woman, or if the pregnancy arises from incest or rape

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Amendment

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 32

@ManicProgressive

That is a very interesting perspective that I have never thought of, but true.

Faux conservatives, evangelists, and our government certainly have no right to control or to have say about what a woman can think or do with her body. 

But, they keep trying and want to control what women do, or say...control freaks!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22