Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 51 of 95

@Richva wrote:

There is a huge difference between removing a statue and trying to rewrite the history.  Many people seem to get the two confused.  

Is the intent not to remove a segment of our history?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 95

@Richva wrote:

There is a huge difference between removing a statue and trying to rewrite the history.  Many people seem to get the two confused.  

--

Removing statues is not trying to rewrite history, of course, it is trying to eradicate it.  But the comments regarding the cause of history is trying to rewrite the history books. 

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 95

@Roxanna35 wrote:

If I could make a comparison would be if the Catholic Church would want to erase what happened during the Inquisition. it happened and is part or history.

--

Good comparison.  Those negative posters here might consider that decendents of those who fought for the Confederacy has been the most prolific in volunteering to serve in the Armed Forces defending the United States today.  That includes myself.  Are we to forget our heritage.  My great grandfather served in Shaws Battalion, Tennessee Cavalry, yet our family has never owned slaves according to family research, including that of census records and other documentation. 

The family homested was next to the East Tennessee/Kentucky border was in danger from marauders from Kentucky so he joined to defend their homeland.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 95

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

First it is said that you're against revisionist history, then you go on to engage in doing so.  Apparently another poster who has their mind made up without actually studying the history of those times.  As far as using the Confederate flag as part of a state flag, etc., of course when your state decides to do so, then you can voice your opposition.  Fair enough?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 95

@pc6063 wrote:

AP-agreed! What we did to the slaves is just as bad as what Hitler did to his victims.

We had slavery at a time when slavery was still an economic factor around the world. At the time of Hitler, killing Jews was not an accepted action around the world.

The comparison is just an extension of the hatred for our President and the desire to post "Nazi" or "Fascist". I wonder if the "haters realize that they are transferring their hatred for President Trump to hatred for America.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 95

I don't know If I agree with this action or not. as much as I dislike seeing in this area trucks with the Conferate Flag. I also recognize that the Confereracy  existed. and is part of the history of his country. and will always be.

If I could make a comparison would be if the Catholic Church would want to erase what happened during the Inquisition. it happened and is part or history.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 95

@pc6063 wrote:

Mlseker-your solution works too.  museums come in all shapes and  sizes. the important thing is is to not glorify a horrific event in our country's history.

--

Then perhaps we need to dispense of the Civil War battlefields also?  They also glorify a horrific time when the country fought against each other?  Why stop there, places where Indian Wars was fought should go also since they represent the attempted annihilation of an entire race of people.  Those were my ancestors who Europeans took not only their land, but lives also.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 95

Janetw65

There isn't a decent, moral person on earth who doesn't agree with you.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 95

Mlseker-your solution works too.  museums come in all shapes and  sizes. the important thing is is to not glorify a horrific event in our country's history.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 95

There is no way that slavery or anything that glorifies it is anything but the most horrible evil. It still continues in several forms all over our world. I don't understand how any decent human being could condone it in any form. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit