Refresh your driving skills and you could save on auto insurance! Take the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WASN'T TEXAS SENATOR GOHMERT ON THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW????

Message 11 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel

Why are you comparing him to characters in a TV series based on a North Carolina location?   Similar to people there? 

Have a good evening.

Not really - Gohmert is a very distinct step below the archetypal character he is compared to in that fictional TV show.  

The character in the show is an obviously sane backwoodsy archetype.

Gohmert's rationality has never been verified by a mental health professional.

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel

Why are you comparing him to characters in a TV series based on a North Carolina location?   Similar to people there? 

Have a good evening.

The subject of the thread is the incomprehensible chart drawn by a Representative of TEXAS.

Being a resident of TEXAS, I thought you may have some insight as to how to "DECIPHER" his chart.

After all, he represents the people of TEXAS and speaks their language, so to speak.

And yet, you divert from the subject in each of your posts.

Do you not understand GOHMERT'S CHART either?????

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 26

@nctarheel

Have a good evening.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

If this congressman is being compared to the characters on the Andy Griffith show; and that show was based on Mayberry,  North Carolina, and that he is a few cards short of a deck, then is this thread saying that the people of North Carolina are comical...to put it politely?

You have yet to "TRANSLATE" the GOHMERT CHART from its TEXAN origin into ENGLISH where everyone can understand it.

Why would a representative of TEXAS produce such a comical piece of incomprehensible mishmosh?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 26

If this congressman is being compared to the characters on the Andy Griffith show; and that show was based on Mayberry,  North Carolina, and that he is a few cards short of a deck, then is this thread saying that the people of North Carolina are comical...to put it politely?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 26

The irrefutable fact remains that a majority of Americans consider Gohmert at least a half-bubble-off-of-plumb, and an example of the kind of irrational yammering nutcase crackpot that conservative/republican Texas voters elect - because they recognize and vote for one of their own...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 26

@nctarheel

Ok, so I mis-represented my post to say politics.  I was replying to Olderscout and his insinuation that I was defending Republicans.  I have nothing to do with the particular Representative in question since he is not from my district. 

But your misrepresenting his title does indicate that you jumped on with criticism and your Amen Corner jumped in just as gleefully.  With that, it's all yours since your replies indicate more of a chance to engage in individualism.  Have a good-day.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Politics has nothing to do with it, but apparently the original intent of the thread does.  He represents the 1st Texas Congressional District not the state.  And there is no doubt that it was started because of political intent.  I am defending correctness rather than politics, but apparently the posts defending the topic is based on politics.

Once again, you are posting comments which are off topic... the defense of  "correctness".

The forum itself is defined as POLITICS, CURRENT EVENTS and this thread reflects such.

Your self-admission that you are posting off topic posts (ie "I am defending correctness rather than politics, but apparently the posts defending the topic is based on politics") call into question your purpose of posting to this political thread.

Was it to divert the political discussion away from the crazy political chart devised by a political representative from your state?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 26

@Olderscout66 wrote:

But so long as he's a Republican, you defend him, or since he's indefensible, you try and deflect the conversation with meaningless trivia about his title instead of his the consequences of his sub-bovine intellect.

Politics has nothing to do with it, but apparently the original intent of the thread does.  He represents the 1st Texas Congressional District not the state.  And there is no doubt that it was started because of political intent.  I am defending correctness rather than politics, but apparently the posts defending the topic is based on politics.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

So now that I changed his title to its correct designation; maybe you could explain Gohmert Chart to all of us.

So, since he represents your state; maybe you can decipher his chart.

The title still indicates he is a Senator, which is incorrect.  Further, he does not represent the entire state but only the 1st Congressional District of Texas which is also incorrect.  Sorry Charlie, still no cigar.

But so long as he's a Republican, you defend him, or since he's indefensible, you try and deflect the conversation with meaningless trivia about his title instead of his the consequences of his sub-bovine intellect.

Kudos
Views