Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 5

Interestingly, the information about the USPS is driving more people to vote by mail, at least here in San Antonio.   The interesting rule is that if your application to vote by mail is at the Election office by a given date, the Election office is mandated to deliver a ballot by mail to the requester 30 days prior to the election.

Me and my merry band of friends are pushing that as agressively as possible, because the first day of early voting, the number of absentee ballots is listed on their website - along with the name and party of each voter.      The GOP are in for a big surprise on that day.   ( reminder VBM used to be a GOP ace in the hole, now donald is scaring his own voters away from VBM.   

That irony is quite rich.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@ManicProgressive wrote:

We've had a public campaign going here for at least a month ensuring people know how to register, how to check to see if they are registered, and whether their info is up to date.  I just got my REAL ID drivers license and even the MVA asked me if my voter registration information was correct.  

I live in Washington state where we've had mail in voting for a very long time.  But it is easy to see how confusion can ensure if one is not familiar with those ballots.  a/k/a ripe for corruption.  This is a great post from Roxanne as these concerns cannot be ignored for this historic, fraught with chaos election.

Every change of address for me always means a visit to the DMV and it's been automatic that an updated voter registration card is received in the mail and most often before the updated licence is received.

This is one area where a national voting program could only be a benefit for all citizens.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

@Roxanna35 

Really good points, Rox. And now is the time to start addressing obstructions to voting. trump is not going to play nice, and to keep himself out of prison, might go to any length to destroy our voting system..,

how patriotic of him...not!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

We've had a public campaign going here for at least a month ensuring people know how to register, how to check to see if they are registered, and whether their info is up to date.  I just got my REAL ID drivers license and even the MVA asked me if my voter registration information was correct.  

I hope this is going on in more at-risk communities as well.  Those who are at more risk of being purposefully disenfranchised by the government.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Voting Challenges

Message 5 of 5

The elections are now near enough that we have to think what we can all do to make sure that all our votes are counted.
Trump is doing his best to undermine the trust in our elections. but this is the time that we as individuals need to think what we can do ourselves to safeguard our ballots.
If you are voting in person probably you will follow the guidelines but if you are voting with your mail in ballot. you need to pay extra attention.
Make sure that you read the instructions that they give you. and if you do not have confidence that you mail will reach the proper dpt in time. you may have to take that ballot in person. 
Try to vote ASAP that you receive that ballot, as we have seen there have been put cuts in the delivery of mail so mail as early as possible.
I also think that putting a ballot  box in each prescint  in order to be able to drop any mail ballot would also help.
We simply have to remain attentive in these elections. there will be many ways in which they will try to void your ballot.

no name
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors