From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Violent Protest

Message 51 of 61

Soosie wrote:

"Obama divided this country."
Do you have any evidence or worthwhile information to support your biased opinion?
Certainly a supposed Repub leaders saying on day 1, "my number one priority is making sure president Obama's a one-term President" is a beginning.  Of course, most intelligent people recall that when McConnell made this statement, the economy was in full collapse.  Very interesting that his number one priority wasn't to save the economy, or put the millions who lost their jobs under Bush, back to work.
Do you think his words were divisive?
Then we have the country's biggest and most poular hate-mongerer saying, on January 21, 2009, Obama's inauguration day, "I hope Obama fails".
Last month Limblah claimed, "Obama's race paralyzed the country".  Sounds like a few here remain "paralyzed".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 61

There is NO BAN.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 61

@jimc91 wrote:

There is no "Ban".  That's FAKE NEWS.

Gee, Jim.  If it's "Fake News" as you claim, you should attack your boy T-Rump and Spicer.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/317202-jake-tapper-airs-footage-of-spicer-calling-t...

Jake Tapper airs footage of Spicer calling Trump order a 'ban’

CNN’s Jake Tapper played footage Tuesday afternoon of White House press secretary Sean Spicer describing President Trump’s executive order on immigration as a “ban” on multiple occasions.

Earlier Tuesday, Spicer said Trump’s executive order temporarily prohibiting entry of refugees and visitors from seven Muslim-majority to the United States was not a “ban” — even after Trump called it one on Twitter. He charged that the media is using a biased description when it calls the action a ban.  

“It seems odd though, right? If you object to the term, you shouldn’t use it, right?” Tapper asked, before showing a clip of Spicer describing the executive order as a ban in a Sunday interview with ABC.

“To be fair — that was Sean Spicer on Sunday. Surely he has not used the world ‘ban’ since then, since, I don’t know, last night when he spoke at George Washington University,” Tapper continued.

He then played a clip of Spicer again describing the action as a ban at the event Monday evening.

“OK, everybody clear now? Nobody should follow the lead of the biased media and call the executive action a 'ban,’” Tapper said.

At his press briefing on Tuesday, Spicer said the media was using biased terms by describing the order as a ban.

“It's not a Muslim ban. It's not a travel ban,” Spicer told reporters. “It's a vetting system to keep America safe.”

But Trump himself described the order as a ban in a tweet on Monday.

“If the ban were announced with a one week notice, the 'bad' would rush into our country during that week. A lot of bad 'dudes' out there!” Trump tweeted.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 61
These protests remind me of a bunch of snot nosed kids having a temper fit. Today's society needs to learn all will not go their way. I am always surprised when I learn people who have reached the age that we call seniors think this is appropriate behavior. Obama divided this country. I hope to see it come together once again. It looks like some here are not on-board for that. Too bad.

Soosie
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 61

And then we have the gutless Vice President who just 14 months ago, tweeted:

Related image

Hypocrisy sucks!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 61

@jimc91 wrote:

Jim, the only "Fake News" here is those who deny T-Rump called it a "ban" himself.  Furthermore:

"Indeed, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, a top adviser to Trump, told Fox News that the evolution happened because Trump asked him how to do a “Muslim ban” legally. “When he first announced it, he said ‘Muslim ban,’” Giuliani said. “He called me up. He said, ‘Put a commission together. Show me the right way to do it legally."

And there's this:

Image result for trump ban

Now he claims it's not Muslims; it's "foreign travelers".

I feel for you, Jim.  It's hard to keep up with all the lie's and hate your guy spews.  I wish you much luck.  Many supported Hitler at first, too.  Then they had no choice.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 61

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 61

@jimc91 wrote:

A protest at UC Berkeley over a scheduled appearance by right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos turned fiery and violent Wednesday night, prompting police to cancel the event and hustle the Breitbart News editor off campus.

But even after the event’s cancellation, hundreds of protesters spilled off campus into the city streets, where the violence continued as they confronted drivers, engaged in fights, smashed storefront windows and set fires.

Protesters decried President Trump’s policies as much as they did the visit by Yiannopoulos, a gay conservative who has been making the rounds at college campuses across the country with his “Dangerous **bleep**got” talks, specializing in remarks meant to insult, offend and disgust liberals who disagree with his ideas.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Protesters-storm-Milo-Yiannopoulos-event-at-UC-10901829.php

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Radical Left strikes again...  It's what happens when they "Don't get their way"...

But wait, they did get their way the Milo speech was canceled.  Go figure.

What has happened to free speech?  Liberals needed to cancel it...

Hate beget's hate.  When an idiot President is elected and tick's off our ally's and bans people based on their religion, hate is returned.  Reasonable people can and should protest a hate-mongering speaking at a publically funded institution.  He should be allowed to speak in a pile of dung at the local dog park.

When was the President going to begin the "uniting"?  This country is more divisive now than ever, since the Civil War.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 61
Radical Left strikes again... It's what happens when they "Don't get their way"...

But wait, they did get their way the Milo speech was canceled. Go figure.

What has happened to free speech? Liberals needed to cancel it...

This looks like thugs who should be arrested. As long as these thugs get away with this, they will continue. A trip to prison could help this problem.

Soosie
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 61

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 6.49.52 AM.png

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors