Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

 

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
368
Views

Re: Violent Protest

368 Views
Message 41 of 61

@Soosie wrote:
Weak argument, Cent. Arguments like LOL, So, So you claim are just examples. We all are entitled to our opinions, but where I see fault is those who continue to do all they can to divide this country. It seems to be the goal of a FEW in this group. It is like being a passenger on a plane and hoping the pilot fails. Please know that you don't represent very many. I doubt the general public is coming to this group to read and if so will wonder why the posting seems to be only poor losers. I think if someone wants to affect change, it will require leaving the group for at least a short time and getting involved in their community and state. Our writing here is not going to make a difference. It is only entertainment.

Soosie

Everyone is entitled to opinions. But ........ when those opinions are not based on actual facts it is expected that many, if not most, will disagree with those opinions.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
368
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
360
Views

Re: Violent Protest

360 Views
Message 42 of 61

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

your post was nothing but opinion

--

Wasn't your post also opinion, representing your opinion?  Couldn't one say that what you posted is your opinion?  Basically that is what any poster here is doing, even when they make posts with actual facts which can be presented to reflect one's own opinion. 

 

Even your tagline represents your opinion as Trump was constitutionally elected; he is not an illegitimate President according to the Constitution as it infers.  One might disagree with his actions in office, but he is still the President.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
360
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
354
Views

Re: Violent Protest

354 Views
Message 43 of 61

@Soosie wrote:
Weak argument, Cent. Arguments like LOL, Weak response.  LOL was a reaction, not an argument.  In fact, your post was nothing but opinion, without any explanation or facts.  It's typical of the Conservatives here on this forum.  So, So (sic) you claim are just examples. We all are entitled to our opinions, but where I see fault is those who continue to do all they can to divide this country. Do you mean like your post?  Blaming Obama which really has nothing to do with the topic at all.  It seems to be the goal of a FEW in this group. Could be, I can't and won't speak for those few.  It is like being a passenger on a plane and hoping the pilot fails. Good analogy for McConnell and Limblah's words.  I agree. Please know that you don't represent very many. I represent only myself, but obviously, my views are shared by many.  I don't "represent" them either.  I wasn't elected.  I doubt the general public is coming to this group to read and if so will wonder why the posting seems to be only poor losers. Only when the poor losers post. I think if someone wants to affect change, it will require leaving the group for at least a short time and getting involved in their community and state. You're welcome to "think" as you do.  But the "group" is everywhere.....just a click away on the moble phone.  Our writing here is not going to make a difference. It is only entertainment. For some, sure.  But it's sad that some consider the baiting and passive-aggressive topics as "entertainment".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
354
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
354
Views

Re: Violent Protest

354 Views
Message 44 of 61

Very good response Cent. The extreme bias and prejudice runs rampant.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
354
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
361
Views

Re: Violent Protest

361 Views
Message 45 of 61
Weak argument, Cent. Arguments like LOL, So, So you claim are just examples. We all are entitled to our opinions, but where I see fault is those who continue to do all they can to divide this country. It seems to be the goal of a FEW in this group. It is like being a passenger on a plane and hoping the pilot fails. Please know that you don't represent very many. I doubt the general public is coming to this group to read and if so will wonder why the posting seems to be only poor losers. I think if someone wants to affect change, it will require leaving the group for at least a short time and getting involved in their community and state. Our writing here is not going to make a difference. It is only entertainment.

Soosie
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
361
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
360
Views

Re: Violent Protest

360 Views
Message 46 of 61

@jimc91 wrote:

There is NO BAN.


Alternative facts ?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
360
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
353
Views

Re: Violent Protest

353 Views
Message 47 of 61

@Soosie wrote:
@cent.....Here are a few of my observations of Obama.

Sore loser who wants to prolong his 8 years of dividing this country  He won every time he ran for office.  So your claim he's a "sore loser" is unfounded.  He didn't divide the country.  Limblah and Hannity and Fox divided the country long before anyone heard of Obama. Racists have divided the country. Then, on his inauguration day, Limblah and the Repubs divided the country even more with their divisive comments. Those blaming Obama divides the country.
He spent 8 years playing the blame game. He critized Bush for everything in order to take no responsibility himself.  LOL!  Funny.  Can you name another President who took office with two on-going wars and the country deep in recession?  Of course you can't.  Yep, these were the biggest problems the country faced and all were caused by Bush and the GOP.  Blame?  Or lack of accountability by the Repubs?  Btw.....Bush's approval rating when he left office?  22%  Obama's?  56%
Now he is critizing his successor. So?  2/3rds of America is criticizing his successor.
He can't seem to walk away with any dignity. He did....calling a spade a spade is just fine with most.
He is like a spoiled snot nosed kid pouting.  Well, you'll always have your opinion.
He lied about Obama care and then lied about his lies.  Actually, he didn't.  Is a prediction a lie?
He surrounded himself with people who told him what he wanted to hear.  Do you mean like Trump?
President Trump isn’t a fan of dissent — inside or outside the government

"The early days of Donald Trump’s presidency have been marked by an aggressive and unapologetic effort to banish dissent.

 

Less than two weeks in, there are a growing number of examples of a give-no-quarter approach: Trump’s blistering language in firing the acting attorney general who refused to defend his controversial immigration order; his press secretary’s declaration that career diplomats “either get with the program or they can go;” his chief strategist’s labeling of news media as an “opposition party” that should “keep its mouth shut.”

 

The pattern — and particularly efforts to shut down discordant voices within the government — is raising alarms.

 

“The whole thing is scary,” said David Boaz, executive vice president of the libertarian Cato Institute.

 

“They have no appreciation for the Constitution, much less the unwritten norms of liberal democracy.”

 

more at:  President Trump isn’t a fan of dissent — inside or outside the government

He owned the press.  The press liked him, except for Fox and the hate-radio egomaniacs.  Why?  Because he was a very good President.  Didn't tell them to shut-up or declare them the enemy with his first week in office.
He was never for all the people, only his race. LOL!  Really?  Getting the auto-industry back to work was only for his race?  Reducing the cost of college loans was only for "his race"?  Healthcare for all was "only for his race"?  It's amazing to see those here playing the race card.  He played the race card many times. So you claim. 
He was never my president, Really?  Who WAS "your President" for the last 8 years? but I didn't act like a pouting kid or go into the streets to burn, shout vulgar language, or steal. So?
I would love to see some adult, non-whinning behavior shown and once again, actions that bring this country together. Him getting impeached would be a beginning.  At least Pence would be a far improvement.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
353
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
368
Views

Re: Violent Protest

368 Views
Message 48 of 61
@cent.....Here are a few of my observations of Obama.

Sore loser who wants to prolong his 8 years of dividing this country
He spent 8 years playing the blame game. He critized Bush for everything in order to take no responsibility himself.
Now he is critizing his successor. He can't seem to walk away with any dignity. He is like a spoiled snot nosed kid pouting.
He lied about Obama care and then lied about his lies.
He surrounded himself with people who told him what he wanted to hear.
He owned the press.
He was never for all the people, only his race. He played the race card many times.
He was never my president, but I didn't act like a pouting kid or go into the streets to burn, shout vulgar language, or steal.
I would love to see some adult, non-whinning behavior shown and once again, actions that bring this country together.

Soosie
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
368
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
368
Views

Re: Violent Protest

368 Views
Message 49 of 61
Hate speech is not free speech. Hate speech is an incitement and ha been ruled to not be covered by the 1st...cant yell fire in a crowded theater.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
368
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
377
Views

Re: Violent Protest

377 Views
Message 50 of 61

@jimc91 wrote:

There is NO BAN.


You should explain it to the guy you elected and his spokesperson.  And his puppet that put the plan together.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
377
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors