Arthritis remedies now target inflammation as well as the ache. Learn more in AARP’s series: Getting Smart About Chronic Pain.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Violent Protest

Message 1 of 61

@rk9152 wrote:

DOnt expect anyone from the right to be able to tell antifa or their activities from anyone else's activities. If it isnt in agreement with Trump, its not allowed. None of those posting here allow themselves to disagree with him. I do remember a few years ago some had an independent thought.
This post seems to have missed the point. It was all about shutting down the free speech rights of someone probably in agreement with President Trump. How that translates into "If it isnt in agreement with Trump, its not allowed" is a mystery.

Yes, we now see Milo and Trump are in agreement. happy to see you supporting Milo recruiting in schools.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 61

@rk9152 wrote:

Or, was it all about not providing a platform and the illusion of  legitimacy this venue would have bestowed?  In this country, you can say anything you want but you don't have a constitutional right to do it in my living room either. 

Let him find another platform to present his views. 

No, there is no other way of spinning it. It was all about shutting down the free speech rights of the speaker as well as the rights of those who would have liked to hear him.

And how ironic for it have happened at the source of the "free speech" movement. Mario Savio must be turning over in his grave.

And would you call the Republicans doing this 'hypocrisy' ??????

CPAC rescinds Yiannopoulos invitation

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 61

This is so cute. It is restriction of free speech unless they don't like what you are saying then it is reasonable. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 61

jimc91--Maybe Mr. Adams should have spoken to the Chief of Police who told the press that these were outside agitators--I and others have said this many times.  It happens all the time.  (Ferguson, Watts riots, etx., etc.)  I was really surprised Adams made this announement without having all the facts--kinda makes me wonder if he's a Trump supporter.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 61

@jimc91 wrote:

What has happened to free speech?  Liberals needed to cancel it...

@jimc91.....You mean like this?

CPAC rescinds Yiannopoulos invitation

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 61

Or, was it all about not providing a platform and the illusion of  legitimacy this venue would have bestowed?  In this country, you can say anything you want but you don't have a constitutional right to do it in my living room either. 

No, there is no other way of spinning it. It was all about shutting down the free speech rights of the speaker as well as the rights of those who would have liked to hear him.

And how ironic for it have happened at the source of the "free speech" movement. Mario Savio must be turning over in his grave.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 61

@jimc91 wrote:

Scott Adams, the creator of the popular comic strip Dilbert got his MBA at UC Berkeley and has remained a top donor, both in money and time.

After the recent riots, where Democrat terrorists “Antifa” set fires, vandalized property and beat Trump supporters unconscious, Adams had pulled his funding from the troubled liberal university.

http://truthfeed.com/breaking-uc-berkeley-loses-major-donor/50326/

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 8.39.33 AM.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Comment:

Maybe the Federal Government will be the next donor to withold funding to UC Berkely...

The alumni of schools that allow rioting to take place are already withholding their donations.  When the funds dry up, the schools will change their attitude.

College Students Protest, Alumni’s Fondness Fades and Checks Shrink

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/us/college-protests-alumni-donations.html?_r=0

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 61

@rk9152 wrote:

This post seems to have missed the point. It was all about shutting down the free speech rights of someone probably in agreement with President Trump. How that translates into "If it isnt in agreement with Trump, its not allowed" is a mystery.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 61

@creppelrm wrote:

If a person either Man or Woman cannot stand up to what they believe and say they have no right to represent The People of the United States.

--

That sounds somewhat about standing up for one's beliefs here without being verbally crucified for them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 61

DOnt expect anyone from the right to be able to tell antifa or their activities from anyone else's activities. If it isnt in agreement with Trump, its not allowed. None of those posting here allow themselves to disagree with him. I do remember a few years ago some had an independent thought.

Kudos
Views