Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
308
Views

Re: Violent Protest

308 Views
Message 31 of 61

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 5.42.39 PM.png

 

UC Berkeley last year received $370 million in funding from the federal government, underlining the seriousness of President Trump’s threat to withdraw funding following leftist riots at the college yesterday.

 

The riots, which were a successful effort to prevent Breitbart Senior Editor MILO from speaking at the university, were condemned by President Donald Trump, who earlier threatened to take away the university’s federal funding.

 

“If U.C Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view – NO FEDERAL FUNDS?,” Trump wrote.

 

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/02/02/trump-threatens-uc-berkeley-university-receives-370-million...

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Yes, Mr. President that just might be the ticket for schools that do not follow our constitution...

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
308
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
316
Views

Re: Violent Protest

316 Views
Message 32 of 61

@Soosie wrote:
Weak argument, Cent. Arguments like LOL, So, So you claim are just examples. We all are entitled to our opinions, but where I see fault is those who continue to do all they can to divide this country. It seems to be the goal of a FEW in this group. It is like being a passenger on a plane and hoping the pilot fails. Please know that you don't represent very many. I doubt the general public is coming to this group to read and if so will wonder why the posting seems to be only poor losers. I think if someone wants to affect change, it will require leaving the group for at least a short time and getting involved in their community and state. Our writing here is not going to make a difference. It is only entertainment.

Soosie

why the posting seems to be only poor losers << like your previous post that said Obama wasnt your president?

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
316
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
311
Views

Re: Violent Protest

311 Views
Message 33 of 61

Facts aren't bait, Jim. Never has been. Twisting facts to suit one's needs, certainly is.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
311
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
312
Views

Re: Violent Protest

312 Views
Message 34 of 61

The bait is stale... Not even interesting or valid

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
312
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
308
Views

Re: Violent Protest

308 Views
Message 35 of 61

@jimc91 wrote:

 


@MIseker wrote:
Hate speech is not free speech. Hate speech is an incitement and ha been ruled to not be covered by the 1st...cant yell fire in a crowded theater.

The speech was cancelled.  There was no speech. Because those NOT supporting "hate speech" used their first amendment rights to request he be cancelled.

 

There is no ban.  You are operating on FAKE NEWS. No, your President and his spokesman called it a ban.  And, his supporters are saying he was just doing what he said he would do, which was "ban Muslims".  Conservatives want it all ways.  They lie; say it wasn't what they meant. Say you can't take Trump literally; then say that wasn't what he meant and then claim he did what he said.  It's just the usual "Alternative Facts" and "Fake News".  It's called "gaslighting".  They aren't confused, you are.  As Spicer said, "just shut-up and listen"!  Bawawahahaha  Yes, Spicer.  We ARE listening.....loud and clear.

 

 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
308
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
303
Views

Re: Violent Protest

303 Views
Message 36 of 61

 


@MIseker wrote:
Hate speech is not free speech. Hate speech is an incitement and ha been ruled to not be covered by the 1st...cant yell fire in a crowded theater.

The speech was cancelled.  There was no speech.

 

There is no ban.  You are operating on FAKE NEWS.

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
303
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
307
Views

Re: Violent Protest

307 Views
Message 37 of 61

   And then we have real news about last night.  Facts are always a buzzkill to the far right agitators. :-) 

 

Cal Poly President Jeffrey D. Armstrong issued the following statement Wednesday, saying he was proud of the way the campus community responded:

Last night three very different events took place on our campus - Unite Cal Poly, part of our annual Week of Inclusion celebration; a presentation by Milo Yiannopoulos, a speaker who has a reputation for making statements that can be offensive and hurtful; and a protest of Mr. Yiannopoulos' speech. 
I am proud of our campus community for engaging in these events in a relatively peaceful and respectful manner.  I am especially proud of those who participated in the Unite Cal Poly event and those who chose to ignore Mr. Yiannopoulos' speech and divisive language.  We demonstrated well how differing thoughts and ideas can be expressed, considered and even opposed in a healthy and constructive manner. 
I would also like to thank Cal Poly's Office of University Diversity and Inclusion, Student 
Affairs and our University Police Department, among many others, who helped ensure the safety and wellbeing of our campus community.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
307
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
318
Views

Re: Violent Protest

318 Views
Message 38 of 61

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why don't you lead by example and show the facts that your own opinion is based on?


--

Have I claimed that my posts are factual as several has done here?  Of course I'm posting my opinions just as you have been.  I do try to make posts based on factual information, but unless I've provided links for verification have never claimed that what I post is without error.

 

But there are some here who post based on their partisan opinions without any basis for being based on facts. 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
318
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
318
Views

Re: Violent Protest

318 Views
Message 39 of 61

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Everyone is entitled to opinions. But ........ when those opinions are not based on actual facts it is expected that many, if not most, will disagree with those opinions.


--

And what makes your post based on facts?  What facts is yours and other dissenting posts based on?  Personal opinion?  Who decides when a post is based on facts?  It appears that posts are only factual if one subscribes to 'group think' here.


Why don't you lead by example and show the facts that your own opinion is based on?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
318
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
322
Views

Re: Violent Protest

322 Views
Message 40 of 61

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Everyone is entitled to opinions. But ........ when those opinions are not based on actual facts it is expected that many, if not most, will disagree with those opinions.


--

And what makes your post based on facts?  What facts is yours and other dissenting posts based on?  Personal opinion?  Who decides when a post is based on facts?  It appears that posts are only factual if one subscribes to 'group think' here.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
322
Views