Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Violence on ‘Many Sides’ in Charlottesville

Message 111 of 338

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Our Constitution is a very unique and important document that provides freedom and rights for all Americans.

Thank God we are not a fascist run country!

Enjoy your freedom today, thank the founding fathers for their keen insight.

Also remember it takes two people to start a fight.  Both must be willing and one has to throw the first punch.  He that threw the first punch broke the law and should be prosecuted.  That is the job for law enforcement, not a bunch of old people on the internet.

Well said Jim.  Constitutionally we should be obligated to support those groups right to rally and demonstrate peacefully.  Just because we support their right to even exist doesn't mean that we approve of their philosophy.  That anyone supporting their constitutional rights has been misused very frequently in these discussions.

There is a well-known phrase that goes along with this:

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

That phrase is attributed to an English lady by the name of Evelyn Beatrice Hall who was born in 1868, and died in 1956.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/evelynbeat109645.html

Does that include the right to scream "Jews will not replace us"?  How about "Blood and Sand"? The latter is the WWII Nazi chant  Houw about driving into crowds?  That was freedom of speech? 

That is a decision for the courts (the words), not you nor the antifas.

The car?? - don't be silly.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 338

Kidboy,

Just for you turned on laptops and found a few pages on FOX news, Mike Raust, and the Daily Caller with screenshots, and storys.

Afraid they might be from Fake News or alternative news but, you get what you get

.How to move protesters -

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/15/media/daily-caller-fox-news-video-car-crashing-liberal-protesters/in...

Move along

That's it enjoy the google,Bing or Duck,Duck Go search for Search terms - Mike Raust, Daily Caller, Fox News or any of the other Right leaning media it was posted upon.

Some had it up for 6 Months, think it appeared same day as immigration shutdowns in airports.

Even found it on Slate - I know it's liberal but, you get what you get.

#3 turn off audio if you are easily offended by crude Ludacris lyrics.

Oddly enough I believe slate has had a running total of hate crimes before and during the Trump presidency, different computer if I need a link for your pleasure. There were approx 30 other pages on the video, and scrubbing but, it's the internet.

I'm certain at some point your comments and mine to AARP will have the eternal flame where our names used to be. What a blast.

But, you are CORRECT both sides must be constantly seeking the truth to what happens in,on or under the news.

Froze

Jamison is calling

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 338

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Centrist said to RK, "

There is NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to terrorize JEWS, BLACKS, GAYS and other targets of the Nazis through threat of violence, use of weaponry, and words of hate.

If you think there is a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to terrorize people based on the color of their skin, their religion, or their sexual orientation.......... then that is the beginning of the end of our CONSTITUTION and sadly, OUR SOCIETY."

Thank you Centrist for another excellent post. Are you as amazed as I am in terms of how Trump loyalists will do anything to defend their hero and/or the Nazi/White Supremacists? Why do they stanchly defend the Nazis? The answer is obvious. 

Why do they describe those who stand up to the Nazis as Leftists? Is standing up to domestic terrorism the definition of being a Leftist? That probably means those on the right agree with the Nazis.

That actually takes us off into an interesting direction. You may recall the discussion about "Critical Theory" as a tool to take out Nation to Marxism. That would be a great motivation for the "left" to stir this pot.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Violence on ‘Many Sides’ in Charlottesville

Message 114 of 338

RK is clueless on this issue. It has nothing to do with free speech and everything to do with how his hero, Donald Trump, reacted to the hate and venom spewed by the White Nationalists and Nazis.

And it has nothing to do with left or right, it's all about the battle against Nazis.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 338

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

That is absolutely correct.  Rk is unable to defend the actions of the Alt-Right, trying to "Unite the Right", he tries to make the issue "freedom of speech"; that's fraudulant.  He claims his fellow far-Right Conservatives were just in C-ville to protest the removal of a monument.....another fraudulant lie!

Wrong - rk is not defending the actions of the "alt-right".

He is correctly pointing out that freedom of speech is something not determined by our posters or antifa.

\Wrong - he never mentioned their reason, only their rights.

And of course, he can't dispute any of what you posted above, "nc".....he, like many Limblah listeners prefer to distort facts to defend evil, just as Limblah has done this week.

Of course he can - and has, over and over again. And, as always, the non sequitur reference to "Limblah".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 338

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

It's fascinating to see the different viewpoints expressed here. The real blind people are those who cannot see what Donald Trump has brought to the Presidency.

• Chaos and Dysfunction
  • Insults
  • Non-stop Lying
  • No significant legislation
  • Republicans fighting with each other
  • And now, endorsements of Nazis and White Supremacists, which is so bad that many CEOs of major corporations are abandoning Trump

Is trump emblematic of his supporters, or are they emblematic of trump?  Either way, both don't reflect positively on our country.

We see many VERY uninformed posters running at the mouth keyboard claiming the Left is breaking the law to silence them, yet they are clearly ignorant of the facts.

I encourage everyone to take a few moments and watch this video if you haven't already.  Make truth and knowlege your ally.  There is no virtue in ignorance.

Charlottesville August 11-12, 2017 "Unite The Right"

And just what are those "facts"??

Do you get to decide whose free speech is defended by the Constitution?

Do you (or antifa) decide if a Court ordered permit is valid?

Do you (or antifa) decide which rallies are to be stopped?

Try to deal with that with thinking, not some nutjob's speech.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 338

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Can/will anyone here state a logical a rational reason why most all trump supporters (regardless of Party affiliation, even 'Independent') will give a yes or no answer to the following simple question?

Do you support the White Supremacist/Nationalist actions and agenda of the KKK?

Certainly not. Now, do you support the Constitution with regard to freedom of speech?

Anyone can answer the above regardless of Party affiliation and lack of support for our President.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 338

I watched him the first, second and third time he commented about the good people on both sides in Charlottesville.

I actually used his elected title the second time.

I'd gladly post the link to Fox if it hadn't been scrubbed from their server, perhaps I'll find I when I crank up something other than a misbehaving phone. Afraid for Fox comment I need the computers on again😇

You love the Alt Right you might as well get used to the tags of lovers who were in attendance at the AltRight rally.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/08/12/flags-and-other-symbols-used-far-right-groups-charlot...

Me, I'll pass for the 100% European ancestry if I stay out of the sun. Otherwise the reddish hue, may come out.

Join or die is hardly the peaceful rallying cry of a United nation, and no it did not come from the lefts.

it came from the peaceful Alt Right who were merely misunderstood in their attempts at killing or wounding protesters against their radicalized bs agenda.

I know splcenter is not on a reading list  but, it was required reading back when it was to serve and protect days somewhere😎So, were there tags for gangs.

The only other link you may care to peruse is from Mr Peace and Love David Duke.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/346675-david-duke-thanks-trump-for-blaming-alt-left-for-charlottesv...

Froze

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 338

they did the same thing the U.S. did fighting Nazis in WWII.  Also what was done when the North defeated the South but the KKK still holds to Confederate values..  Fight it now or fight it later when it would be much worse.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 338
Frozenoem

Jim or kidboy,

1. Are you mixing up your left and rights.

2. There aren't any alt lefts, contrary to trump or fox.

3. I know it's OK and legal now, to mow down and maim or kill protesters the President and Fox say it so!

4. This Nazi bs, is just that with a President in power who supports these kinda ideals.
I tend to fear for the country.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. No. It's not a right or left issue...or side.

2. alt lefts...that is a word that has been used I have better words for the "nasty hoods" that are on both sides

3. Wrong ..... a hateful thing to say about President Trump and FOX.

4. Vey wrong about what Trump supports...you need to read what he has said about Charlottesville.

I tend to fear for the country when we have people that do not have the ability to understand what the protesters on both sides did.
Kudos
Views