Honored Social Butterfly

Vince Vaughn gets social media backlash for chatting with Trump at college championship game

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vince-vaughn-trump-receives-backlash-chatting-president-and-melania-nat...

President Trump and first lady Melania Trump watched LSU and Clemson battle it out for the college football championship in New Orleans on Monday night – and they were seated near another famous face. Actor Vince Vaughn also attended the game, and was seen chatting with the president and first lady.

The Trumps were greeted with cheers as they took the field for the national anthem before the game. Some fans cheered "USA, USA," and others chanted, "Four more years," according to the Associated Press.

Video captured by another fan showed the Trumps shaking hands with Vaughn, and then having a conversation with him as the rest of the stadium sang "Sweet Caroline." While there is no audio of their conversation, it appeared to be pleasant, with Mr. Trump shaking the actor's hand and smiling.

==================================================

It shows how some on the left have no class.  Reading the posts of the left I am not surprised.

"The Trumps were greeted with cheers"  As any President should.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Vince Vaughn gets social media backlash for chatting with Trump at college championship game..and shaking his hand.

Any time a person has the privilege of shaking the hands of our President one should consider that a honor and do so..even if it is a President like Clinton and his behavior when he was our President...I would shake his hand.

Social media...the arm pit of our society!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Vince Vaughn gets social media backlash for chatting with Trump at college championship game..and shaking his hand.

Any time a person has the privilege of shaking the hands of our President one should consider that a honor and do so..even if it is a President like Clinton and his behavior when he was our President...I would shake his hand.

Social media...the arm pit of our society!

Social media...only a slight step up from Fox and other right wing media.

Honored Social Butterfly

Vince Vaughn?  Who?  Who cares?

Donald Trump?  What?  Don't care!

Non story. Period!

Regular Contributor

The one thing that can always be expected from you cons is to play the perpetual victim card even even before anyone has said a word.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just think if he had refused to talk to Trump - he would probably have gotten death threats.

Most liberals couldn't care less. This whole controversy was ginned up by Fox and the Washington Times. 

Edit: It was the Washington Examiner not the Washington Times

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vince-vaughn-trump-receives-backlash-chatting-president-and-melania-nat...

President Trump and first lady Melania Trump watched LSU and Clemson battle it out for the college football championship in New Orleans on Monday night – and they were seated near another famous face. Actor Vince Vaughn also attended the game, and was seen chatting with the president and first lady.

The Trumps were greeted with cheers as they took the field for the national anthem before the game. Some fans cheered "USA, USA," and others chanted, "Four more years," according to the Associated Press.

Video captured by another fan showed the Trumps shaking hands with Vaughn, and then having a conversation with him as the rest of the stadium sang "Sweet Caroline." While there is no audio of their conversation, it appeared to be pleasant, with Mr. Trump shaking the actor's hand and smiling.

It shows how some on the left have no class.  Reading the posts of the left I am not surprised.

This is the big news of the day from far right leadership?

Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

This is the big news of the day from far right leadership?

Well if you watched TV tonight you saw my question answered. This thread was the diversion from the far right for tonight.

We now have a lot more information on Trump and his Ukraine actions. We see how Rudy recruited his mob team on Trump orders to get the plot going. We even have a new player a Reb. from CT who is running for Congress. He seems to be the main player in the threats to our Amb. to Ukraine. It got so bad the State Dept told her to get the next plane out of there for the US. This guy sounds like the hit man for the Trump mob in this caper. Time will tell. It sure shows that Rudy replaced Michael Flynn as Trump mob lawyer who carries out all the dirty work. Just think months ago the very people who started this thread were telling us how Rudy and the 2 Russians were doing great things for Trump and the US.

The second thing was that Trump talked about what he was going to do with Iran and the General killing with his guests at his Fl. resort during the holidays. Looks like some of them went out an purchased def. stocks that went up so they made money. Trump could tell them everything, but refused to brief the gang of 8 in Congress on anything as he was required to do. Trump the dictator in action. Wounder how much money Trump made on Def. stocks either himself or in family.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I know this will sound snarky, but I truly don't understand calling out people on classless behavior when the president in question is the archetype for classless behavior. Unless you think grabbing women's pu**ies and mocking disabled people epitomizes class, and is behavior we should all aspire to. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I know this will sound snarky, but I truly don't understand calling out people on classless behavior when the president in question is the archetype for classless behavior. Unless you think grabbing women's pu**ies and mocking disabled people epitomizes class, and is behavior we should all aspire to. 

You are right M P.  Calling anyone else out for anything low class or immoral is silly when one supports tRump, the most immoral and low-class POTUS in the history of America.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Couldn't agree more Manic. Can anyone else recall a President who time after time after time has taken it upon himself to make more fun of people? I cannot.
Honored Social Butterfly

I have no problem with this myself, but then I don't associate. like or chat with criminals, if Vaughn wants to do that, more power to him I suppose, LOL!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png