Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Video Shows Alt-Right Shooting Gun Towards Crowd in C-Ville

Message 81 of 159

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Look at the number of angry alt right coming down the stairs after him. Oh you didn't notice that and what about the alt right member to the left , who is not pictured there , but fired his 9mm handgun at him ??? Be honest and look at the whole picture FAR right wingers !!!

How does the alt right want to settle this confrontation , everybody get handguns and the fastest gun wins  !!!

The solution is very easy:

1) Respect the Constitutional right of others to free speech, regardless of your view of that speech;

2) Leave the "not permitted speech" up to the Courts;

3) Leave the enforcement of law to the police officials.

Do you not realize that in this discussion you are opposing free speech while being snide about those supporting it and supporting vigilantes?

Do you not realize that in this discussion you are avoiding the topic once again? All while trying to insert your own topic? And you wonder why people call you a Nazi and a kluxer

Do you not realize that I was answering mand's issue?

Yes, I do wonder why people do that. I think it reflects a lack of ability to defend their position so they just band together and insult.

However, if you can point to any post of mine that justifies calling me a Nazi or a Kluxer, please do so. If not, would you not agree that that such comments are inappropriate??

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 159

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Look at the number of angry alt right coming down the stairs after him. Oh you didn't notice that and what about the alt right member to the left , who is not pictured there , but fired his 9mm handgun at him ??? Be honest and look at the whole picture FAR right wingers !!!

How does the alt right want to settle this confrontation , everybody get handguns and the fastest gun wins  !!!

1) Respect the Constitutional right of others to free speech, regardless of your view of that speech;

Do you not realize that in this discussion you are opposing free speech while being snide about those supporting it and supporting vigilantes?

Do you not realize that in this discussion you are opposing the free speech rights of some while supporting those who came to Charlottesville to attempt to override the wishes of the citizens of Charlottesville? It appears you only support the free speech rights of those who you support.

Not so. I am simply saying that we have courts and police departments to resolve issues of what speech is permitted and what is not. I am defending that system.

On the other hand, we have a group of people who came to town to take the place of the courts and the police to shut down speech they disagree with. This group has done this before. That is the group you are defending.  WRONG!  Who are you to say a group came to town to take the place of the courts?  A VERY Biased opinion.  They came to town to express their freedom of speech to counter-protest.

I am defending our legal system - you are defending the fascist mobs.  Snoopy is defending "freedom of speech", just as you claim to be...

As has been explained many times, Charlottesville was NOT about Freedom of Speech; it's about hate groups looking for a fight against those against their racist beliefs.  In fact, one brought a loaded fire arm to the protest.  It totally invalidates your false claim it was about Freedom of Speech.

In a sense you are right. It was about two groups coming to town looking for a fight and they got it.

Yes, one side played "dress up" and wore guns. Only one guy actually shot and no one was hurt. The other side brought their clubs, and "throwables" and people were hurt.

Yep people were hurt, along with one killed, by someone on 'your side' running their vehicle into those protesting the KKK.

Again - "your side".

So, once again - if you can offer any quotes of mine showing my defense of the Nazis (or Kluxers), please do so. If not, please stop your offensive comments.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 159

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Do you not realize that in this discussion you are opposing the free speech rights of some while supporting those who came to Charlottesville to attempt to override the wishes of the citizens of Charlottesville? It appears you only support the free speech rights of those who you support.

Not so. I am simply saying that we have courts and police departments to resolve issues of what speech is permitted and what is not. I am defending that system.

On the other hand, we have a group of people who came to town to take the place of the courts and the police to shut down speech they disagree with. This group has done this before. That is the group you are defending.  WRONG!  Who are you to say a group came to town to take the place of the courts?  A VERY Biased opinion.  They came to town to express their freedom of speech to counter-protest.

I am defending our legal system - you are defending the fascist mobs.  Snoopy is defending "freedom of speech", just as you claim to be...

As has been explained many times, Charlottesville was NOT about Freedom of Speech; it's about hate groups looking for a fight against those against their racist beliefs.  In fact, one brought a loaded fire arm to the protest.  It totally invalidates your false claim it was about Freedom of Speech.

In a sense you are right. It was about two groups coming to town looking for a fight and they got it.

Yes, one side played "dress up" and wore guns. Only one guy actually shot and no one was hurt. The other side brought their clubs, and "throwables" and people were hurt.

Yep people were hurt, along with one killed, by someone on 'your side' running their vehicle into those protesting the KKK.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 159

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Do you not realize that in this discussion you are avoiding the topic once again? All while trying to insert your own topic? And you wonder why people call you a Nazi and a kluxer

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 159

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Assault Rifles & Handguns vs. Zippo powered hairspray -  Fair fight LOL !!!

Well they have proven to scare easy,, and we see here they are pretty fearful.

Hey, if I saw that flame coming at me, I'd be scared. How about you??

I spent my career around molten metal. I have been torched before. I'm not a snowflake sorry about that but that's not the topic the topic is the Nazi shooting into the crowd do you agree with that or not

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 159

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
I'd say the same about the guy with the flame thrower.

"Flame thrower".  LOL!  And yet they wonder why others just laugh at their posts....

Not in the military sense. But i suspect that if you saw that flame coming at you, you would neither LOL nor LMAO.

It would never happen as I would never be shoving a Confederate Flag in the face of another.  But I'd be LOL and LMAO at the result of you doing so.

More games. My post was about a human reaction to those flames.

And what makes you think that I would be waving a Confederate flag? That sounds more like intentional offense than it does discussion.

The topic is the Nazi shooting into the crowd so let's see you stay on topic and tell us whether or not you think this is okay

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 159

Well, sides have been chosen by "The People".  That includes business people, pastors, the military, and the ordinary citizen of this great country not counting Billions around the world who will NOT side with hatred of the Klan and Nazis.  Whatever constitutional right they may try to hide behind cannot overcome the will of The People which outnumber any form hatred these thugs represent. 

'

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 159

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

We have a member who posts five times as many responses as others on every subject !!!  It's not quantity that proves a point ???

Any thoughts about the guy with the gun. Or would you rather just gossip about your fellow posters??

Any thoughts about the guy with the gun? Or would you rather just continue to post absolutely nothing about the topic that you want others to abide by?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 159

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

On the other hand, we have a group of people who came to town to take the place of the courts and the police to shut down speech they disagree with. This group has done this before. That is the group you are defending.

I am defending our legal system - you are defending the fascist mobs.

Let's try to put this thing to bed. Do you agree with each of the above statements? If not, why not?

You are defending those who came to Charlottesville to try to force Charlottesville to keep Confederate statues after Charlottesville decided to remove them.

Please show one quote of mine defending them. If you are unable to do so, honesty would demand that you cease this constant lie.

According to the US Constitution they had the right to make their views known. There was another group that disagreed with those self-proclaimed Nazis and staged their own protest which they had the right to do according to the US Constitution

And then there was the fighting. Otherwise we wouldn't even know about it. Would you care to comment on that aspect? Or even the topic?

I believe in the free speech rights of all - even those I disagree with - while you are claiming that only those you agree with have the right to free speech.

Once again - Please show one quote of mine defending them. If you are unable to do so, honesty would demand that you cease this constant lie.

Why do you insist that you are the only one who is allowed about what others have posted?

To see how you have been defending the self-proclaimed Nazis while attacking the other side simply read what you have posted.

Got it - you have absolutely no substantiation for your offensive claims, you just want to insult.

You have continually made offensive claims about other posters. You have continued to post lies while complaining about lies.

If you ever want to have a serious discussion stop with the offensive claims and insults.

Every post you have made on this thread has either been an attack or excusing those who gathered under the theme "Unite the Right" while blaming everything on those who were protesting the racism and bigotry.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 159

@mandm84 wrote:

We have a member who posts five times as many responses as others on every subject !!!  It's not quantity that proves a point ???

Any thoughts about the guy with the gun. Or would you rather just gossip about your fellow posters??

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors