Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Video Shows Alt-Right Shooting Gun Towards Crowd in C-Ville

Message 51 of 159

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

The world had the right to rid the world of Nazism in WW II and we are to support it in this country now?  Why?  Most every politician agrees Republican, Democrat and Independent, most people agree "This country has no place for what the KKK or Nazi orginization stands for or what their intentions are.  The constitution is not cut in stone clear as the bible is not.   It is a living document that has to be interpreted on the side of what is right.  That is where "The People" come to play.

I agree with your ideas EXCEPT that the Constitution is a living document.  It has the ability to change BUT it is most difficult deliberately so to prevent some vocal group from getting it changed easily.  There is NO ROOM for Nazis or KKK but they exist and until they break the (existing) law, they cannot be stopped.  I would expect a liberal to be stating what I said but I think the majority agrees with me.

Nazis take and take until they are the law.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 159

@creppelrm wrote:

The world had the right to rid the world of Nazism in WW II and we are to support it in this country now?  Why?  Most every politician agrees Republican, Democrat and Independent, most people agree "This country has no place for what the KKK or Nazi orginization stands for or what their intentions are.  The constitution is not cut in stone clear as the bible is not.   It is a living document that has to be interpreted on the side of what is right.  That is where "The People" come to play.

I agree with your ideas EXCEPT that the Constitution is a living document.  It has the ability to change BUT it is most difficult deliberately so to prevent some vocal group from getting it changed easily.  There is NO ROOM for Nazis or KKK but they exist and until they break the (existing) law, they cannot be stopped.  I would expect a liberal to be stating what I said but I think the majority agrees with me.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 159

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 159

@creppelrm wrote:

Sounds you have chosen sides long ago.

I did and it's NOT with anarchists or Nazis, KKK, ISIS, or any other radical group but with civilized people that follow the laws.  Your side is obvious also.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 159

Sounds you have chosen sides long ago.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 159

@creppelrm wrote:

Nazis, KKK, IsIs, Taliban, have no rights to peddle their hate here.  The constitution clearly states that.  And if brought to court the courts would agree.

I abhor the Nazis, KKK, ISIS, and the Taliban but they do have the right to free speech as you and I do under the Constitution (Freedom of Speech) especially when they have the permits to do so.  If you are privy to their exception, please provide a link.  Do you think the radical left has the right (under the Constitution) to beat them while speaking and create mayhem?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 159

Thank GOD some people allow fear and common sense to sink in !!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 159

@mandm84 wrote:

Spot on creppel , what's next ? - are our far right posters going to support Radical Muslim Terrorist groups to also violently march through our streets with permits to spread their hatred.

Don't let fear or common sense get in the way Far Righter's.

"With permits" (your words) - yes, if a person or a group has a permit or an invitation (in the case of private, University, etc.) has a permit - in other words, operating within the law - I support their right, not the right of the self-appointed "enforcers" of the left.

Understand - supporting a person's Constitutional right to speak is not supporting their words. And, supporting the brownshirts is to defy the Constitution and support anarchism (or, to some, revolution).

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 159

@creppelrm wrote:

Nazis, KKK, IsIs, Taliban, have no rights to peddle their hate here.  The constitution clearly states that.  And if brought to court the courts would agree.

When and if the Courts say, "Thou shalt not" then I'm all for the suppression of that particular free speech. When the police enforce such Court decisions - you and I can cheer their actions.

But when the masked, fascist brownshirts decide what speech is allowed and take physical action to enforce their decision - we must part company.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 159

Spot on creppel , what's next ? - are our far right posters going to support Radical Muslim Terrorist groups to also violently march through our streets with permits to spread their hatred.

Don't let fear or common sense get in the way Far Righter's.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors