Kudos
Views

Re: Video Shows Alt-Right Shooting Gun Towards Crowd in C-Ville

Message 41 of 159

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Spot on creppel , what's next ? - are our far right posters going to support Radical Muslim Terrorist groups to also violently march through our streets with permits to spread their hatred.

Don't let fear or common sense get in the way Far Righter's.

"With permits" (your words) - yes, if a person or a group has a permit or an invitation (in the case of private, University, etc.) has a permit - in other words, operating within the law - I support their right, not the right of the self-appointed "enforcers" of the left.

Understand - supporting a person's Constitutional right to speak is not supporting their words. And, supporting the brownshirts is to defy the Constitution and support anarchism (or, to some, revolution).

It is very apparent that you only support the free speech rights of those with whom you agree and feel the need to attack and call those you disagree with names.

Neither side violated the law in Charlottesville until the Neo-Nazis and the KKK decided to get physical with those who were protesting their hate speech.

Do you have any quote to offer in support of the offensive comment that I only support one side's free speech??

You on the other hand seem to be selling the biased position that the antifas were peaceful until the others decided to get physical. Is "getting physical" not part of their game plan wherever they show up?

Do you even read what you post? A clear example is furnished in your post to which I responded.

"And, supporting the brownshirts is to defy the Constitution and support anarchism (or, to some, revolution)."

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 159

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

The world had the right to rid the world of Nazism in WW II and we are to support it in this country now?  Why?  Most every politician agrees Republican, Democrat and Independent, most people agree "This country has no place for what the KKK or Nazi organization stands for or what their intentions are.  The constitution is not cut in stone clear as the bible is not.   It is a living document that has to be interpreted on the side of what is right.  That is where "The People" come to play.

In defeating Germany in WWII we defeated a Nation that did not have the free speech guarantees offered by our Constitution.  It would be a shame if we "went Germany" because we want to to allow our own, homegrown weekend reenactors to do their thing.

The Constitution is not cut in stone - but we do have Court system to resolve questions and police authorities to carry our the decisions of the Courts. We do not need masked, armed fascist mobs taking over the job.

When you say "The People" is it the anarchists you are referring to?

"The People"?

The Majority.

The 74% of eligible voters who did NOT vote for trump.

The majority who disapprove of the quality of his job performance.

The majority who have NEVER approved of his being president.

If it's a choice between right wing racist trash and those you disapprove of - I'm positively delighted to say that I have been slightly to the left of center(but never on the extreme left), as well as being one of those you disapprove of - ever since the days of alcoholic and morphine addict "Tail Gunner" Joe Mc Carthy in the fifties made it crystal clear that republicans were inherently dishonest.

The political right, since the Great Depression, has always been morally and ethically bankrupt.

Guess I'm handicapped by being honest, honorable, and ethical - that disqualifies me from ever being a true republican. - although I did deliberately and premeditatedly lie somewhat when I registered as a repug for the purpose of looking "respectable" while I was in the Navy during the Vietnam era...

Amazing alferdpacker!!  Took the words right out of my mouth!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 159

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

The world had the right to rid the world of Nazism in WW II and we are to support it in this country now?  Why?  Most every politician agrees Republican, Democrat and Independent, most people agree "This country has no place for what the KKK or Nazi organization stands for or what their intentions are.  The constitution is not cut in stone clear as the bible is not.   It is a living document that has to be interpreted on the side of what is right.  That is where "The People" come to play.

In defeating Germany in WWII we defeated a Nation that did not have the free speech guarantees offered by our Constitution.  It would be a shame if we "went Germany" because we want to to allow our own, homegrown weekend reenactors to do their thing.

The Constitution is not cut in stone - but we do have Court system to resolve questions and police authorities to carry our the decisions of the Courts. We do not need masked, armed fascist mobs taking over the job.

"The People"?

The Majority.

The 74% of eligible voters who did NOT vote for trump.

The majority who disapprove of the quality of his job performance.

The majority who have NEVER approved of his being president.

If it's a choice between right wing racist trash and those you disapprove of - I'm positively delighted to say that I have been slightly to the left and therefore one of those you disapprove of - ever since the 1950s, when alcoholic and morphine addict "Tail Gunner" Joe Mc Carthy made it crystal clear that republicans were inherently dishonest.

That fact was again reinforced when dishonest republicans displayed support for the obviously guilty-as-hell Nixon...    Crooked people on the right...

The political right, since the Great Depression, has always been morally and ethically bankrupt.

Guess I'm handicapped by being honest, honorable, and ethical - that disqualifies me from ever being a true republican - although I did somewhat lie when i registered as a repug for the purpose of "looking respectable" for nucsub service in the Vietnam war years - it worked too...

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything.  I am in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency.   This makes me forever ineligible for public office."   Henry Louis Mencken

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 159

A Nazi violates the laws of humanity.  Ask the relatives those sent to the gas chambers .  A Klan member violates the laws of humanity.  Ask our African American citizens if I'm wrong.  They are here for one reason and one reason only and that is to continue what thousands Americans gave their lives in the past to eliminate.  And thank God the majority of Americans realize this.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 159

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Spot on creppel , what's next ? - are our far right posters going to support Radical Muslim Terrorist groups to also violently march through our streets with permits to spread their hatred.

"With permits" (your words) - yes, if a person or a group has a permit or an invitation (in the case of private, University, etc.) has a permit - in other words, operating within the law - I support their right, not the right of the self-appointed "enforcers" of the left.

Understand - supporting a person's Constitutional right to speak is not supporting their words. And, supporting the brownshirts is to defy the Constitution and support anarchism (or, to some, revolution).

It is very apparent that you only support the free speech rights of those with whom you agree and feel the need to attack and call those you disagree with names.

Neither side violated the law in Charlottesville until the Neo-Nazis and the KKK decided to get physical with those who were protesting their hate speech.

Do you have any quote to offer in support of the offensive comment that I only support one side's free speech??

You on the other hand seem to be selling the biased position that the antifas were peaceful until the others decided to get physical. Is "getting physical" not part of their game plan wherever they show up?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 159

@creppelrm wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

The world had the right to rid the world of Nazism in WW II and we are to support it in this country now?  Why?  Most every politician agrees Republican, Democrat and Independent, most people agree "This country has no place for what the KKK or Nazi orginization stands for or what their intentions are.  The constitution is not cut in stone clear as the bible is not.   It is a living document that has to be interpreted on the side of what is right.  That is where "The People" come to play.

I agree with your ideas EXCEPT that the Constitution is a living document.  It has the ability to change BUT it is most difficult deliberately so to prevent some vocal group from getting it changed easily.  There is NO ROOM for Nazis or KKK but they exist and until they break the (existing) law, they cannot be stopped.  I would expect a liberal to be stating what I said but I think the majority agrees with me.

Nazis take and take until they are the law.

What have our weekend reenactors taken and taken that concerns you?

I hope you realize that anarchists also take and take until they are the law. And they seem to be a bit more successful of late.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 159

@creppelrm wrote:

The world had the right to rid the world of Nazism in WW II and we are to support it in this country now?  Why?  Most every politician agrees Republican, Democrat and Independent, most people agree "This country has no place for what the KKK or Nazi orginization stands for or what their intentions are.  The constitution is not cut in stone clear as the bible is not.   It is a living document that has to be interpreted on the side of what is right.  That is where "The People" come to play.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 159

@creppelrm wrote:

Sounds you have chosen sides long ago.

If that means what it seems to means, yes, some of have chosen the Constitution, the Court system, the police authorities, and the rule of law.

Others have chosen masked, armed fascist anarchists.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 159

@mandm84 wrote:

Thank GOD some people allow fear and common sense to sink in !!!

What does that mean? Do you support vigilantes overriding the courts and the police authorities?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 159

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors