Honored Social Butterfly

VOTE BY MAIL

Hypocrisy or stupidity.   Trump Jr. made a robocall alerting all the FarRight folks to Vote by Mail.   Hi This is Donald Trump Jr I'm calling on behalf of the Republican National Committee because my father President Donald j. Trump has 2 important updates 1st President Trump has already made you an official absentee ballot request which may have already arrived or will soon arrive.

Trump is counting on you to make a plan to return your absentee ballot request voting absentee is a safe and secure way to guarantee your voice is heard.

So which is it, stupidity or hypocrisy that daddy is yelling Fire in a crowd or VBM ( aka Vote by Absentee Ballot) call by donald wannabee boy?  

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/26/donald-trump-jr-vote-mail-robocall-402503

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

The voting machines that my county has purchased use both a paper ballot and electronic counting.    The ballots are scanned and stay within the scanner.   The counts is documented on a thumb drive, which is transported to a counting center in a sealed pouch and has the signature of both a Dem and GOP election judge.   

I am a strong advocate for VBM and have told hundreds of people to fill out the application, put it in mail box and wait for a couple of weeks.   Call the County election office to assure that it has been received and validated.    These people will receive their ballot and I advise them to mark  / sign / mail that back to County election office ASAP.    The ballot board group can verify the signatures prior to Election Day based on the size of the County.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

TRUMP COMES UP EMPTY WHEN PRESSED FOR EVIDENCE OF ELECTION FRAUD IN COURT

The Trump campaign’s 524-page response to a discovery demand turned up precisely zero instances of mail-in voter fraud.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP’S campaign, ordered by a federal court judge in Pennsylvania to back up its claims of fraud in the state’s vote-by-mail system, has documented only a handful of cases of election fraud in recent years — none of which involved mail-in ballots.

The revelation, which came in the form of a partially redacted 524-page document produced by the Trump campaign last week, undermines the claim by Trump team operatives that mail-in ballot fraud is a grave risk to Pennsylvania voters.

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/20/trump-election-fraud-pennsylvania-court/?utm_medium=social&utm_c...

Honored Social Butterfly

Get the absentee ballot ASAP, fill it out CAREFULLY - check all the needed boxes AND SIGN IT. Then, if at all possible, hand deliver it to the county clerk or other election official designated to receive the mail in votes. If you're in a Republican district, ask for a receipt with a date.

tRump is determined to kill the Post Office and then Obamacare, Medicare and Social Security because doing the first allows him to do the other three. His minion DeJoy SAID he'd stop his wrecking ball attack on USPS, but he, like all who work for tRump,  LIES.

Honored Social Butterfly

There's always a threat of voter fraud, but so far, it's only been sporatic and isolated. Because of human nature, some will try to sway an election illegally.

What I've been most concerned about are the high tech voting machines. Someday some high tech computer expert who works for one of the companies that makes the machines might rig the computer system or the software. It could happen. That's why I hope they always have a backup. A way to double check the results.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard introduced legislation to protect the country’s election infrastructure from cyber-hackers by requiring the use of voter-verified paper ballots or a paper ballot backup in federal elections. Her Bill authorizes emergency funding to empower every state to use voter-verified paper ballots that produce an auditable paper trail, beginning with the 2018 elections. It also addresses the need to ensure safe and secure software is utilized in voting machines on Election Day.

In Florida we fill out paper ballots that get scanned. So, if worse comes to worse, there still is a way to double-check the results.

About 20 years ago in Canada I went to a voting place as the election was closing. Back then they used paper ballots only. Then they would have people count them manually. It was so old-fashioned but everyone was satisfied with the result. 

Honored Social Butterfly

In view of the fact that we all know that he will declare these elections rigged, I would suggest that if you can vote in person. Don't give Trump the excuse of mail Fraud

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png