‘Using my white privilege for the right reasons’

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ‘Using my white privilege for the right reasons’

Message 1 of 8

Personally, I'm very pleased to see white American's standing up against racism.  I don't support violence and prefer to see racists loose their jobs, ostracized at school and on called out on social media, etc., but there's something about a feline fracas....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

I hadn't thought about Jerry Springer in a long time ,good point on your part, I agree, Centristin 2010. When your right, your right! Jerry Springer would have promoted this for ratings, what a low life so  and so. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@cn5621@cn5621 wrote:

White Privilege: What a load of crock; the only thing this white trash was looking to do was beat up on some poor soul and be able to brag to to her other white trash friends about doing it . Her statement about white privilege says it all! I would like to know if she has any tatoos such as a swastika. What she needs is about 10 years at hard labor.  I am a white male and this is pure B.S. on her part. 

Maybe.....but.....

South Florida Woman in Viral 'Racist' Beating Video Speaks

A South Florida woman seen in a viral video repeatedly punching another woman who allegedly made a racist comment about Haitians in a hotel lobby is speaking out.

The video that shows the altercation in the Coral Springs La Quinta Tuesday night has been viewed more than 500,000 times since it was posted on YouTube Wednesday.

In the video, 23-year-old Colleen Dagg is involved in a confrontation with a white woman in a teal dress, identified by Coral Springs Police as 39-year-old Summer Cortts.

Dagg, who is also white, told NBC 6 Friday that the other woman said something racist about Haitians.

"I heard something she said and walked out of the building and thought about it for a second and walked back inside to the counter calmly and asked her if I heard her correctly, just like I'm talking to you, no attitude. She said 'don't worry about it, I'm not black,'" Dagg said. "[She said] 'you guys need to do something about all these wet floors over here, you know how these Haitian people are.' To me she was inferring that Haitian people are more likely to sue somebody than another race."

Dagg is seen sitting in a chair as the video begins, taking her shoes off as Cortts curses at her and tells her she'll shoot her in the face if Dagg hits her with her shoes.

"I'm taking my s-- off so that if she puts her hands on me I can defend myself," Dagg tells a man, who is off camera.

Cortts then gets in Dagg's face and appears to hit Dagg, who gets up and repeatedly punches Cortts, who is dragged to the ground.

"You put your f---ing hands on me, you say some racist-a-- s---!" Dagg yells, while standing over the woman, before three men pull them apart.

"When she touched me, this woman is touching me, I have to defend myself, someone is putting their hands around my neck," Dagg said. "The lady got in my face numerous times and tried to get me to follow her outside, so when I felt trapped where I couldn't do nothing else I sat in the chair and got myself ready to defend myself cause I could see the look in her eyes. I'm not stupid, I know when someone is mad enough to put their hands on me."

The footage ends with the officer taking information from Cortts.

Coral Springs Police officials said Dagg was acting in self-defense since she was hit first. Dagg didn't want to press charges against the woman, police said.

Police said Cortts was given a notice to appear for disorderly conduct and was barred from the hotel.

NBC 6 was unable to reach Cortts for comment Friday.

"I know how it would feel, how I would feel if I were all over the internet doing something embarrassing, or having something embarrassing so I feel bad for the lady," Dagg said. "I hope she learned her lesson and I hope a lot of people learn from it."

Source: South Florida Woman in Viral 'Racist' Beating Video Speaks - NBC 6 South Florida http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Video-of-Racist-Woman-Beatdown-at-Coral-Springs-Hotel-Goes-Viral-... 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8
Is this worthy of discussion other then why would Cent post this BS? Do we want to get into **bleep**-for-tat posting of videos that are offensive?

libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

All trash.  She lost any potential "highground" she had, in my opinion, when she started calling the other woman retarded. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

Apparently a Jerry Springer recruit......

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

White Privilege: What a load of crock; the only thing this white trash was looking to do was beat up on some poor soul and be able to brag to to her other white trash friends about doing it . Her statement about white privilege says it all! I would like to know if she has any tatoos such as a swastika. What she needs is about 10 years at hard labor.  I am a white male and this is pure B.S. on her part. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

‘Using my white privilege for the right reasons’

Message 8 of 8

‘Using my white privilege for the right reasons’: Florida woman justifies brutal beatdown of racist woman

he Florida woman seen cursing and beating an elder female in a hotel lobby after the victim reportedly made a racist comment about Haitians, has claimed that she was standing up for minorities by using her “white privilege.”

The viral video, which was posted to Facebook by a user named Austin, showed Colleen Dagg launching herself at the woman and punching her to the ground while cursing her.

According to Austin, “Ok so lady in the blue sundress said something super racist about how ‘you know these Haitians’ and sis in the gray was not having it. She then lied to the police and said the other girl started it, when everything was caught on video.”

Following the fight, police were reportedly dispatched to the hotel.

After the video went went viral, Dagg took to Twitter to give her side of the story.

“This is a young country built on racism,” Dagg wrote. “Black people have been disenfranchised for over 250 years. The faster white people accept and validate the truth, the closer we’ll come to a place of peace and understanding.

“Fighting racism is dependent on me using my white privilege for the right reasons,” she added.

“The white woman tried to use her white privilege on me, the fact that I am white too seemed to have slipped her mind,” she wrote, adding, “If you see it, say something.”

[video]

more at:  ‘Using my white privilege for the right reasons’: Florida woman justifies brutal beatdown of racist ...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors