Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Update from the border

Message 51 of 58

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Well, the Trump administration is continuing to demonstrate its inability to govern.  Now that we have seen Trump's tax returns, we can identify a pattern.  State governments, including New Mexico, are pulling back their National Guard troops as there is no real job for them and Trump is not reimbursing the states for the costs.

Since CBP expanded its program of dumping asylum seekers on American streets, my city of 100K has processed 3K of them. The city has had to divert $130K in funding to help clean up Trump's mess. CBP has abandoned the permanent checkpoints on 25 and 70 because staff had to be redeployed to process the asylum seekers surrendering at the border stations.  The same problem exists at the customs stations on the border and the backup of goods and tourists is threatening to impact any US manufacturers which depends on "just in time" supply chains. 

We have not heard anything more about Mexico paying for a wall. My uber Conservative brother in law just became an independent.  The mess is taking its toll on the Republican party. 

I am laughing my head off What Trump has said that he wanted to stop has actually become bigger  than anyone thought it would.

Now all of those people will be absorbed into this country either by legal manner or illegal ways. and they will be all over the country, populating the USA and making this country what many have feared  a brown country,  and they will have to thank Trump for that.

No, don’t thank Trump. Thank all of your fellow liberals/democrats. You know, all your buddies calling Trump a racists, sub human piece of excrement for trying to block them from entering the USA ILLEGALLY.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 58

Since you're not arguing policies... it's purely numbers then. Way too many for the holding facilities in place. Way too many for the judges. Simply.... can't handle the influx of illegals immigrants or those seeking asylum for real. I'm sure there are some who actually deserve such.

This will help stem the tide of immigrants playing the system.

Libs search for the light of day in the dead of night
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 58

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
9th circuit CoA, in a surprise move... agrees with sending asylum seekers back to Mexico to await processing.

Economic troubles and poor living conditions, are not a reason to seek asylum.

You raise a fair point.  It should only take a few days for Trump to be able to process the asylum seekers whose cases have not merit and then return them to their home countries.  Instead, he is putting them on the streets so they can be moved inland.  

I am not arguing his policies.  I am pointing out how incompetent. I think it was Dubya where we had much higher levels of people coming across the border.  We never had a mess under other presidents like we have now.

Highlighted

Message 54 of 58
https://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/immigration/

Highlighted

Message 55 of 58
9th circuit CoA, in a surprise move... agrees with sending asylum seekers back to Mexico to await processing.

Economic troubles and poor living conditions, are not a reason to seek asylum.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 56 of 58

@Richva wrote:

Well, the Trump administration is continuing to demonstrate its inability to govern.  Now that we have seen Trump's tax returns, we can identify a pattern.  State governments, including New Mexico, are pulling back their National Guard troops as there is no real job for them and Trump is not reimbursing the states for the costs.

Since CBP expanded its program of dumping asylum seekers on American streets, my city of 100K has processed 3K of them. The city has had to divert $130K in funding to help clean up Trump's mess. CBP has abandoned the permanent checkpoints on 25 and 70 because staff had to be redeployed to process the asylum seekers surrendering at the border stations.  The same problem exists at the customs stations on the border and the backup of goods and tourists is threatening to impact any US manufacturers which depends on "just in time" supply chains. 

We have not heard anything more about Mexico paying for a wall. My uber Conservative brother in law just became an independent.  The mess is taking its toll on the Republican party. 

I am laughing my head off What Trump has said that he wanted to stop has actually become bigger  than anyone thought it would.

Now all of those people will be absorbed into this country either by legal manner or illegal ways. and they will be all over the country, populating the USA and making this country what many have feared  a brown country,  and they will have to thank Trump for that.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 57 of 58

Trump is too busy weighing in on the MR.ED controversy at the horse track to govern.

He disagrees that "A horse is a horse, of course, of course.

He thinks horses have something to do with POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

You've made excellent serious points, @Richva; please excuse my levity but it is also true.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Update from the border

Message 58 of 58

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors