Reply
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
0
Kudos
242
Views

Re: United States: 12,469 deaths from H1N1

242 Views
Message 1 of 39

isnt the swine flu a completely different animal, sorry virus from a different animal?

How do you compare the contagion or origin and equate it to this?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
242
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
261
Views

Re: United States: 12,469 deaths from H1N1

261 Views
Message 2 of 39

@jimc91 wrote:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that swine flu infected nearly 61 million people in the United States and caused 12,469 deaths. Worldwide, up to 575,400 people died from pandemic swine flu.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Perspective...  Let's keep it real folks...

 

 

 


Interesting this post from over 2 months ago re-emerges.  Even more interesting are the figures.

 

About perspective and keeping it real. 

 

 Swine flu deathsCOVID19 deaths
U.S.12,469104,000+
World575,000370,918

 

Now, again keeping it in perspective, the swine flu timeline spans from April 2009 - April 2010. The COVID19 timeline is currently (as of the date of this post) 5 months for the U.S., perhaps 6 months globally.  We can conclude the numbers for COVID19 will increase.  The world may end up with as many COVID19 deaths as swine flu deaths when the final count is in.  But the U.S.?  They have already recorded 9X the deaths of swine flu!

 

But to get a true perspective and really keep it real, perhaps we should revisit this thread after a year's time of COVID19 and compare the numbers.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
261
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
284
Views

Re: United States: 12,469 deaths from H1N1

284 Views
Message 3 of 39

Not sure of the point of this post. If you are saying Trump should accept 12 K deaths from Covit-19 as part of the cost of doing business, I am ok with that as long as he says it and Americans know where they stand.  However, the CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the... Remember, that was WORLDWIDE and Trump is on track to surpass that by July in just America alone. 

 

So...............what is your point?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
284
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
0
Kudos
286
Views

Re: United States: 12,469 deaths from H1N1

286 Views
Message 4 of 39

So what is exactly the point? That it is 10% of the Corona deaths?  Does that make it ok for the families who have lost 90% more?

Why not site car accidents?

Herpes?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
286
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
412
Views

Re: United States: 12,469 deaths from H1N1

412 Views
Message 5 of 39

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The audacity of hope.

And the stupidity of a president up for reelection who has no thought to the safety of his citizens


Did you feel that way when your president stopped travelers from China entering the US and saved countless lives? or were you calling him a racist too? and an over reaction? and risking lives? 


He stopped them to late if he was trying to keep the virus out of the US.  The Americans returning from China, and cruises in that area would have brought it, and fact is they very well might have. The first one  found in CA was in an area they were in. No one really knows, but Dear Leader Trump does not know but likes to pretend he does.


You realize president Trump was UNIVERSALY condemed fand called a racist for halting travel from China and the ensuing travel bans? and now you're condeming him for not acting sooner? Wow. 

 

How do you feel about being called a supporter of racist policies? 


No just a truth teller. Trump did not stop them for the virus he stopped them as he is a racist, Dictator, world destroyer, mentally impaired, Dictator like Hitler and Kim, plus many other things. The world is better of when Dictator Trump does nothing.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
412
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
429
Views

Re: United States: 12,469 deaths from H1N1

429 Views
Message 6 of 39

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The audacity of hope.

And the stupidity of a president up for reelection who has no thought to the safety of his citizens


Did you feel that way when your president stopped travelers from China entering the US and saved countless lives? or were you calling him a racist too? and an over reaction? and risking lives? 


He stopped them to late if he was trying to keep the virus out of the US.  The Americans returning from China, and cruises in that area would have brought it, and fact is they very well might have. The first one  found in CA was in an area they were in. No one really knows, but Dear Leader Trump does not know but likes to pretend he does.


You realize president Trump was UNIVERSALY condemed fand called a racist for halting travel from China and the ensuing travel bans? and now you're condeming him for not acting sooner? Wow. 

 

How do you feel about being called a supporter of racist policies? 


Libs search for the light of day in the dead of night
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
429
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
444
Views

Re: United States: 12,469 deaths from H1N1

444 Views
Message 7 of 39

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The audacity of hope.

And the stupidity of a president up for reelection who has no thought to the safety of his citizens


Did you feel that way when your president stopped travelers from China entering the US and saved countless lives? or were you calling him a racist too? and an over reaction? and risking lives? 


He stopped them to late if he was trying to keep the virus out of the US.  The Americans returning from China, and cruises in that area would have brought it, and fact is they very well might have. The first one  found in CA was in an area they were in. No one really knows, but Dear Leader Trump does not know but likes to pretend he does.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
444
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
448
Views

Re: United States: 12,469 deaths from H1N1

448 Views
Message 8 of 39

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The audacity of hope.

And the stupidity of a president up for reelection who has no thought to the safety of his citizens


Did you feel that way when your president stopped travelers from China entering the US and saved countless lives? or were you calling him a racist too? and an over reaction? and risking lives? 


No. I started calling him a racist when he referred to Nazis and white supremacists as "very fine people".  His history of racism goes all the way back to his NYC days and is quite well documented.  I am not sure how that relates to his being a moron though (to quote Rex Tillerson).

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
448
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
452
Views

Re: United States: 12,469 deaths from H1N1

452 Views
Message 9 of 39

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The audacity of hope.

And the stupidity of a president up for reelection who has no thought to the safety of his citizens


Did you feel that way when your president stopped travelers from China entering the US and saved countless lives? or were you calling him a racist too? and an over reaction? and risking lives? 


Libs search for the light of day in the dead of night
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
452
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
445
Views

Re: United States: 12,469 deaths from H1N1

445 Views
Message 10 of 39

@jimc91 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

The ignoble donald supporters either don't know the facts or they are ignoring them.   It is certainly not wasting time attempting to explain the problem with their factoids....they trust all the lies coming from the current WH regime.  


Please do educate me.  If you have a different set of facts that refute the information I posted from the CDC please do post it...  

 

I posted facts from the CDC website on H1N1, just exactly what do you disagree with?

 

 


EVERYTHING, because I deal in facts. That death toll from H1N1 is FOR THE WHOLE WORLD.

According to WHO, the confirmed death toll is more than 18,036, although some studies estimated that 11 to 21 percent of the global population at the time — or around 700 million to 1.4 billion people (out of a total of 6.8 billion) — contracted the illness. This was more than the number of people infected by the Spanish flu pandemic, with about 150,000 to 575,000 fatalities. A follow-up study done in September 2010 showed that the risk of serious illness resulting from the 2009 H1N1 flu was no higher than that of the yearly seasonal flu.

 

Other FACTS you avoided: President Obama declared a National Emeergency 10 DAYS after the H1N1 was detected in the US.  He directed a crash effort from our Pharmas and we had a vaccine in 9 months. ToadPOTUS did NOTHING for 63 days, declared an Emergency, THEN DID NOTHING FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS, and still has done NOTHING except claim he's doing a great job, and everybody should go back to work next wee, or by Easter at the latest.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
445
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors