Join AARP panelists live Nov. 18 for a free webinar on ride-sharing. Register now to learn more about apps like Uber and Lyft.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Under Trump, the Deficit Has Ballooned

Message 11 of 64

GOPers persist in telling their LIE about President Obama's impact on the Debt, so I'll persist in telling the TRUTH about it.

Under President Obama, the National Debt grew grew from $11.657 Trillion to $20.245 Trillion. That's an 8 year increase of $8.588 Trillion or 74%. GOPerBots cannot figure out when a President becomes responsible for the Federal Budget, or their GOPerLords told them a lie they like so they believe it because the racism thingie is so strong they must pretend President Obama doubled the debt.

Obama's budgets included funding that saved 3,000,000 jobs in the auto industry alone , extended unemployment benefits for more millions of Americans and financed a significant increase in public works projects that benefit everyone. President Obama took the Nation OUT of the worst financial disaster since the Great Depression (another Republican action) and gave us 75 months of continuous economic growth.

ToadPOTUS is on track to put us back into the WORST financial disaster of all time.

Under the ToadPOTUS, there have been NO public works projects added, and 1.2TRILLION in tax revenues were transferred from We the People to the Corporate Oligarchs who gave it to themselves as bonuses or used it for stock buy-backs that increased the value of their personal stock options.

As a result of don the Con Bonespurs total incompetence (remember this is the clown who lost over A BILLION DOLLARS being "the House" in a gambling enterprise), the Federal Deficit has grown from $585Billion in President Obama's last budget to $666Billion in donny's first budget (appropriate number for lil donny, doncha think?) and $1,200Billion in the 2019 Budget, an increase of 105% in 2 years or 52.5% per year, donny's deficit spending in 2020 will top $2.7TRILLION, $6.8Trillion for his only 4 years.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 64

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
they also constantly complained about his golf outings, as I recall, and yet, how much has Trump been golfing lately, or in the past 3 years I should say?????

Trump should be golfing more since he's not getting paid.  Did Obama do that?

That was Donnie's choice.  But sure, maybe he should be out on the golf course more and not in the WH.  He causes less damage that way.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 64

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:
  • During the Obama Administration, the nation's debt rose slightly more than $1 Trillion per year.
  • During the Trump Administration, the nation's debt rose, and is rising, slightly more than $1 Trillion per year. 

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Not Happening is trying to sugar coat the above.. Even worse, he will never criticize his idol in the White House. 

Remember when Not Happening and Republicans were fiscal conservatives? When Obama was in the White House, they couldn't stop talking about reducing the deficit/debt and having a smaller government.

After promising to eliminate the nation's debt in 8 years, Donald Trump's Administration has the LARGEST BUDGET in U.S. HISTORY.

I'm not sugar coating anything. As a percentage, Obama doubled the debt in only 8 years.  Trump will never double the debt in eight years but the liberals will never say so.

Again, you are lying when you say I referred to any deficits of Obama's or Trump's.  Deficits are not as important as debt, but I wouldn't expect a liberal to know that!

To say "doubling the debt" is a misnomer and misleading.  Hypothetically, using very simplistic math, let's say when Obama took office, the debt was at $800.  Each year Obama was in office, the debt rose $100, thus "doubling" the existing debt to $1600.  Trump takes office and the debt continues to rise at the same rate of $100 each year.  So, given worst case scenario, if Trump were in office for 8 years, and the debt continues to rise at $100/yr, it would stand at $2400, which obviously would not be doubled the original amount of $1600.  BUT the debt has continued to rise at the same rate.  Percentages are not relative.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 64

@Tom5678 wrote:
they also constantly complained about his golf outings, as I recall, and yet, how much has Trump been golfing lately, or in the past 3 years I should say?????

Trump should be golfing more since he's not getting paid.  Did Obama do that?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 64

1. Donald Trump promised to eliminate the nation's debt in 8 years. He is instead increasing it over $1 Trillion per year. That is the same amount as President Obama. However, there's one huge difference. When Obama came into office, we were in the beginning of the worst economic global crisis of our lifetime. The Obama Administration had to spend a lot of money stimulating the economy. 

When Trump came into office, the economy was rocking. 

2. The projected nation's debt for Trump after 8 years is over $28 Trillion. Wait a second! Didn't he promise to eliminate the the debt?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 64
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 64

@CriticalThinking wrote:
  • During the Obama Administration, the nation's debt rose slightly more than $1 Trillion per year.
  • During the Trump Administration, the nation's debt rose, and is rising, slightly more than $1 Trillion per year. 

Not Happening is trying to sugar coat the above.. Even worse, he will never criticize his idol in the White House. 

Remember when Not Happening and Republicans were fiscal conservatives? When Obama was in the White House, they couldn't stop talking about reducing the deficit/debt and having a smaller government.

After promising to eliminate the nation's debt in 8 years, Donald Trump's Administration has the LARGEST BUDGET in U.S. HISTORY.

I'm not sugar coating anything. As a percentage, Obama doubled the debt in only 8 years.  Trump will never double the debt in eight years but the liberals will never say so.

Again, you are lying when you say I referred to any deficits of Obama's or Trump's.  Deficits are not as important as debt, but I wouldn't expect a liberal to know that!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 64

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Remember when Not Happening and Republicans were fiscal conservatives? When Obama was in the White House, they couldn't stop talking about reducing the deficit/debt and having a smaller government. Donald Trump's Administration has the LARGEST BUDGET in U.S. HISTORY.

I remember when the Regressives used to complain about Obama's once-a-year vacation with his family to go to his hometown.  They don't say a thing about Trump's once-a-WEEK vacation to get AWAY from the watchful eyes of his long suffering (latest) wife and youngest son.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Under Trump, the Deficit Has Ballooned

Message 19 of 64

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 64

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:It 

Apparently to the left, Trump's increase of 32% is equal to Obama's increase of 100% but, you know liberals.  They can't understand simple math.

It would be so nice if this were a simple math problem.  I am still not sure I understand why you have to compare everything Trump does to Obama. Seems a bit "needy" on Trump's part when he does it. Besides, Obama handed Trump an economy that has been working for years and it only took Trump 3 years to bring it to the edge of recession.  7 years of good economy VS 3 years of coasting under Trump.  That seems like math too. 

Still, the issue is that Trump continues to violate the principles of Capitalist economic theory on government spending. When the nation  is in trouble, like what Obama inherited, it should spend and go into debt.  When the nation has a robust economy with years of job growth, like what Trump inherited, they pay DOWN the debt and get ready for the next downturn. 

Trump has now used all the arrows in his quiver to "juice" the economy and has nothing left for the nation to fight the coming Trump recession. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22