Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

Message 11 of 30

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

"If the only time you use an out of network doc is an emergency, who cares if its 45 or 35?"

What can happen is that you select a plan because your doctor is in its network and then, midterm, your doctor's contract with the insurance company expires.  Then a new contract may or may not be signed within a month, but, you are left in chaos until then.  That's why HMO's are for suckers who don't know the value of, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."  And, for straight Medicare B, the copay is 20% which isn't much better than 35%, but, unlike my PPO, has a deductible.

I am glad that you understand how bad is our present health care system and all the inequalities that exist/ I can add more to your complains and probably come short on how bad all programs happent to be.

That is why, I am very clear that a National Health Care system should be impletmented in this country and leave the Insurances and Pharmaceuticals where they belong TO THE SIDE.

I am unsure because, unlike government, most corporations undergo a Darwinian-like evolution process because only the fittest survive.  The main exceptions are corporations with nearly monopolistic positions, such as utility companies.  As I mentioned elsewhere, a corporation can choose to pass its corporate tax savings to its customers in order to take customers away from its competition, especially those corporations that pass their tax savings to employees.  Possibly, Aetna is trying to put United Health Care out of business.  I don't know.  In any case, I give Trump credit for giving Aetna the opportunity to do this.  

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 30

The reduction in your health care costs is because of President Obama's PPACA, not Der Trumper's taxscam.

Unlike other industries that will pass the tax cut directly to Senior Management, the Insurance Industry is limited by PPACA to a 20% overhead. Taxes are "overhead", so if they pay out less in taxes they have to take in less from their customers. If not, the difference simply reverts to the customers as rebates, 

By the way, the first year of PPACA, Aetna sent refund checks to most of their customers (including myslef) because their overhead was above 20%. They are simply avoiding that embarrassing miscalculation by cutting your rates 'up front".

Had GOPers succeeded in repealing Obmacre, you would not see a dime of reduction in your premiums or any increase in coverage because the management of the Insurance companies would've kept all the higher profits, just like the rest of Industry is doing, After they hand out bonuses THIS year the GOPer base will not notice there's NOTHING for them NEXT year.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 30

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Aetna Medicare Value Plan (PPO)

premium = 0

deductible = 0

out of network = 35%

PCP copay = $5

Tier 1 drug copay = 0  (generic Crestor is Tier 1)

That seems to be a good plan  I also have a PPO  and have  co pays.  and out of network copays,  my pharmas are pretty close to yours. But one question, what to any of this has to do with TrumP? no monthly premiums.

The only thing for certain is that it occurred while Trump was president and not while Obama was, hence, "Under Trump."  The AARP United Healthcare (HMO) that I had six years ago was much worse than my current plan.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 30

@aruzinsky wrote:

"If the only time you use an out of network doc is an emergency, who cares if its 45 or 35?"

What can happen is that you select a plan because your doctor is in its network and then, midterm, your doctor's contract with the insurance company expires.  Then a new contract may or may not be signed within a month, but, you are left in chaos until then.  That's why HMO's are for suckers who don't know the value of, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."  And, for straight Medicare B, the copay is 20% which isn't much better than 35%, but, unlike my PPO, has a deductible.

I am glad that you understand how bad is our present health care system and all the inequalities that exist/ I can add more to your complains and probably come short on how bad all programs happent to be.

That is why, I am very clear that a National Health Care system should be impletmented in this country and leave the Insurances and Pharmaceuticals where they belong TO THE SIDE.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 30

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

I suspect that I am not alone because, when I used this government site to select a plan, last October, 

https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/questions/home.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 ,

I saw some 4 star ratings for the first time.  And, although I didn't thoroughly memorize the terms of my plan  when I signed up,  I could swear that my PPO copay for out of network doctors was 45% and, now, its 35%.  I suspect that the insurance company is passing on its corporate tax savings to customers.   

Sorry your copay is so high. I didnt realize it was that bad. Of course, if the only time you use an out of network doc is an emergency, who cares if its 45 or 35? the only thing being passed on by insurance co's is illusion.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 30

@aruzinsky wrote:

premium = 0

deductible = 0

out of network = 35%

PCP copay = $5

That seems to be a good plan  I also have a PPO  and have  co pays.  and out of network copays,  my pharmas are pretty close to yours. But one question, what to any of this has to do with TrumP? no monthly premiums.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 30

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

What about you?

If you are so happy with your MA would you mind disclosing who is it?  I would like to take advantage of all that you are saying.

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

What about you?

If you are so happy with your MA would you mind disclosing who is it?  I would like to take advantage of all that you are saying.

premium = 0

deductible = 0

out of network = 35%

PCP copay = $5

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 30

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Did you forget Trump tried to Cut $400 BILLION from Medicare ? You can thank AARP and the Democrats for fighting against those CUTS.

And, did you forget to answer my question?  Or, did you immorally use this thread an opportunity to speak off-topic?

“Immoral use of this thread to speak off topic?”

LMAO!  

@mandm84—Those of us dealing with reality did not forget the drastic cuts that trump made to Medicare. Nor have we forgotten that through his convenient indecisiveness many insurance companies pulled out of the ACA program.  We have also not forgotten that with the removal of the individual mandate, insurance premiums soared  for elders.

We have nothing for which to thank trump.  His legacy is greed, racism, a pattern of pathological untruths,  and the ability to attract those who are not intelligent enough to figure out they too have been scammed. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

A Trump supporter posing as an arbiter of morals. lol. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 30

@aruzinsky wrote:

What about you?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 30

Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

You do realize that without Medicare there would be no Medicare Advantage plans, that Medicare and Medicare are part of the " Great Society " passed by Democrats under Lyndon Johnson in 1965, that these programs were attacked by Republicans then, and that are still under attack by Republicans, including Trump, today.

You like Medicare Advantage?  Great ....... but don't give Trump or Republicans credit for that, if they had their way there would be no Medicare, Medicaid, or Medicare Advantage.

Kudos
Views