Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
127
Views

Re: Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

127 Views
Message 1 of 30

@aruzinsky wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   HUH?    You bought a MA plan in October and somehow believe that the reason it is so inexpensive is because of a Tax Plan that had not been introduced at that time.     Dude / Dudette - what are you smoking?  


Show me where I said that "it is so inexpensive".  I said that I suspected my out of network copay dropped from 45% to 35% since I signed up.

 

 


So, exactly what legislation did Trump put through that impacted your Medicare advantage?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
127
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
137
Views

Re: Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

137 Views
Message 2 of 30

@afisher wrote:

   HUH?    You bought a MA plan in October and somehow believe that the reason it is so inexpensive is because of a Tax Plan that had not been introduced at that time.     Dude / Dudette - what are you smoking?  


Show me where I said that "it is so inexpensive".  I said that I suspected my out of network copay dropped from 45% to 35% since I signed up.

 

 

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
137
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
142
Views

Re: Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

142 Views
Message 3 of 30

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

 


"If the only time you use an out of network doc is an emergency, who cares if its 45 or 35?"

 

What can happen is that you select a plan because your doctor is in its network and then, midterm, your doctor's contract with the insurance company expires.  Then a new contract may or may not be signed within a month, but, you are left in chaos until then.  That's why HMO's are for suckers who don't know the value of, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."  And, for straight Medicare B, the copay is 20% which isn't much better than 35%, but, unlike my PPO, has a deductible.


I am glad that you understand how bad is our present health care system and all the inequalities that exist/ I can add more to your complains and probably come short on how bad all programs happent to be.

That is why, I am very clear that a National Health Care system should be impletmented in this country and leave the Insurances and Pharmaceuticals where they belong TO THE SIDE.


I am unsure because, unlike government, most corporations undergo a Darwinian-like evolution process because only the fittest survive.  The main exceptions are corporations with nearly monopolistic positions, such as utility companies.  As I mentioned elsewhere, a corporation can choose to pass its corporate tax savings to its customers in order to take customers away from its competition, especially those corporations that pass their tax savings to employees.  Possibly, Aetna is trying to put United Health Care out of business.  I don't know.  In any case, I give Trump credit for giving Aetna the opportunity to do this.  


Pity Kudos granted. Aetna had the same plan I have in place before trump got elected and the monthly cost was the same then as it is now. Trump had nothing to do with the cost of these plans. The cost of my Aetna Advantage plan is $35 monthly, but my retirement insurance fund pays the premium. Trump had nothing to do with that either.


Did you let your old plan automatically renew or did you shop for a new one?  Possibly, Aetna had a better new plan and kept the old plan the same because they expected many people to automatically let their old plans renew.  I've changed plans every year.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
142
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
145
Views

Re: Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

145 Views
Message 4 of 30

@aruzinsky wrote:


The only thing for certain is that it occurred while Trump was president and not while Obama was, hence, "Under Trump."  The AARP United Healthcare (HMO) that I had six years ago was much worse than my current plan.


Funny that you say that, I just changed from Humana to United Healthcare Complete which is a PPO. I would never consider an HMO  type of insurance. from any insurance carrier.
Perhaps competition had something to do with all of this and not a change in the Administration. especially on MA programs.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
145
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
153
Views

Re: Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

153 Views
Message 5 of 30

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The reduction in your health care costs is because of President Obama's PPACA, not Der Trumper's taxscam.

 

Unlike other industries that will pass the tax cut directly to Senior Management, the Insurance Industry is limited by PPACA to a 20% overhead. Taxes are "overhead", so if they pay out less in taxes they have to take in less from their customers. If not, the difference simply reverts to the customers as rebates, 

 

By the way, the first year of PPACA, Aetna sent refund checks to most of their customers (including myslef) because their overhead was above 20%. They are simply avoiding that embarrassing miscalculation by cutting your rates 'up front".

 

Had GOPers succeeded in repealing Obmacre, you would not see a dime of reduction in your premiums or any increase in coverage because the management of the Insurance companies would've kept all the higher profits, just like the rest of Industry is doing, After they hand out bonuses THIS year the GOPer base will not notice there's NOTHING for them NEXT year.


If I understand you correctly, both Obama's PPACA and Trump's corporate tax cuts are necessary conditions for improvements made to Medicare Advantage plans in 2018.  In an alternate universe where Obama won a third term, that doesn't happen. 

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
153
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
175
Views

Re: Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

175 Views
Message 6 of 30

   HUH?    You bought a MA plan in October and somehow believe that the reason it is so inexpensive is because of a Tax Plan that had not been introduced at that time.     Dude / Dudette - what are you smoking?  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
175
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
181
Views

Re: Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

181 Views
Message 7 of 30

@aruzinsky wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

 


"If the only time you use an out of network doc is an emergency, who cares if its 45 or 35?"

 

What can happen is that you select a plan because your doctor is in its network and then, midterm, your doctor's contract with the insurance company expires.  Then a new contract may or may not be signed within a month, but, you are left in chaos until then.  That's why HMO's are for suckers who don't know the value of, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."  And, for straight Medicare B, the copay is 20% which isn't much better than 35%, but, unlike my PPO, has a deductible.


I am glad that you understand how bad is our present health care system and all the inequalities that exist/ I can add more to your complains and probably come short on how bad all programs happent to be.

That is why, I am very clear that a National Health Care system should be impletmented in this country and leave the Insurances and Pharmaceuticals where they belong TO THE SIDE.


I am unsure because, unlike government, most corporations undergo a Darwinian-like evolution process because only the fittest survive.  The main exceptions are corporations with nearly monopolistic positions, such as utility companies.  As I mentioned elsewhere, a corporation can choose to pass its corporate tax savings to its customers in order to take customers away from its competition, especially those corporations that pass their tax savings to employees.  Possibly, Aetna is trying to put United Health Care out of business.  I don't know.  In any case, I give Trump credit for giving Aetna the opportunity to do this.  


Pity Kudos granted. Aetna had the same plan I have in place before trump got elected and the monthly cost was the same then as it is now. Trump had nothing to do with the cost of these plans. The cost of my Aetna Advantage plan is $35 monthly, but my retirement insurance fund pays the premium. Trump had nothing to do with that either.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
181
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
189
Views

Re: Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

189 Views
Message 8 of 30

@aruzinsky wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:


Aetna Medicare Value Plan (PPO)

 

premium = 0

deductible = 0

out of network = 35%

PCP copay = $5

Tier 1 drug copay = 0  (generic Crestor is Tier 1)

 


That seems to be a good plan  I also have a PPO  and have  co pays.  and out of network copays,  my pharmas are pretty close to yours. But one question, what to any of this has to do with TrumP? no monthly premiums.


The only thing for certain is that it occurred while Trump was president and not while Obama was, hence, "Under Trump."  The AARP United Healthcare (HMO) that I had six years ago was much worse than my current plan.


These plans were written before trump came around and have nothing to do with him so your claim is erroneous.  Happy baiting !!!!


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
189
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
190
Views

Re: Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

190 Views
Message 9 of 30

@aruzinsky wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Did you forget Trump tried to Cut $400 BILLION from Medicare ? You can thank AARP and the Democrats for fighting against those CUTS.


And, did you forget to answer my question?  Or, did you immorally use this thread an opportunity to speak off-topic?


Could you please show in detail what trump supposedly did to effect the cost of Medicare Advantage plans so quickly? (of course you can't)  Or did you immorally post this thread just to 'bait'?

 

By the way, I hope you enjoy your 'guvment' run health care plan. I just went off of my work retirement health care plan onto Medicare and an Aetna Medicare Advantage 'guvment' health care p[lan and am loving it !!!


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
190
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
192
Views

Re: Under Trump, I have the Best Medicare Advantage Plan in 6 Years!

192 Views
Message 10 of 30

@aruzinsky wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:


Aetna Medicare Value Plan (PPO)

 

premium = 0

deductible = 0

out of network = 35%

PCP copay = $5

Tier 1 drug copay = 0  (generic Crestor is Tier 1)

 


That seems to be a good plan  I also have a PPO  and have  co pays.  and out of network copays,  my pharmas are pretty close to yours. But one question, what to any of this has to do with TrumP? no monthly premiums.


The only thing for certain is that it occurred while Trump was president and not while Obama was, hence, "Under Trump."  The AARP United Healthcare (HMO) that I had six years ago was much worse than my current plan.


That is because it was SIX YEARS ago and plans change.  You said earlier that you were unsure what your plan coverages were last year, so how can you claim it is better this year because of Trump?  Personally my plan is exactly the same as last year with coverages the same as yours except my PCP copay and Specialist copay are zero and there is a $75 copay for an emergency room visit.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
192
Views