Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Reply
Trusted Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
275
Views

Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

275 Views
Message 71 of 94

As usual, RK isn't even close to being accurate as he does what he always tries to do, defend his hero and idol in the White House by changing the subject. He's pretending this is a bogus topic, but that's very far from the truth. Let's look at the facts again.

 

  • Because of the hurricanes, the projected job growth was reduced significantly, down to only 90,000 new jobs. 
  • However, we didn't even come close to gaining 90,000 new jobs.
  • We actually LOST 33,000 jobs, a difference of -123,000 from the projection.
  • The July jobs report was corrected DOWN from a net gain of 189,000 to only 138,000 jobs. That's another loss of 51,000 jobs that RK cannot blame on the hurricanes.
  • Finally, 2017 is the worst year for jobs growth in the last 5 years
  • Despite all of the above documented facts, RK claims this is a bogus thread. Really?

Let me repeat, this factual data is not enough to draw any conclusions about the long term, but there's more than enough to be concerned and/or question whether the Trump Administration is doing enough to create jobs. 

 

Of course any bad news will be rejected by Trump Cult members who cannot handle anything remotely negative about their cult leader.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
275
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
275
Views

Re: Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

275 Views
Message 72 of 94
actually, its about the jobs numbers taking a dip under Trump. that brings up only 2 questions.
1. Is Trump president
2. Did the numbers dip
"yeah but, "answers neither question.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
275
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
268
Views

Re: Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

268 Views
Message 73 of 94

@Olderscout66 wrote:

And now Der Trumper feeds the hatred that drives his base by allowing more employers to NOT offer birth control as part of their employee medical plans. Another win for f00ls who hate women who must work and other Republicans as well.

 

I see his munchkins are trying to blame global warming for the job losses, but if you HAD a job, and couldn't get to it because of the disasters, you were counted as EMPLOYEED, so the impact of the storms was minimal and the impact of the EXTREME uncertainty created by having a total looney-toons warmonger in charge was front and center.


Interesting - the hurricane job losses actually were caused by "the pill", global warming and munchins.

 

Are you sure it wasn't the Reagan taxscam?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
268
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
272
Views

Re: Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

272 Views
Message 74 of 94

@MIseker wrote:
that Trump..what a man of the average worker he is. He had the average worker in mind when he rolled back Obama overtime rule. YAYY A WIN FOR THE ORDINARY WORKER!!

Relax. There are posters who think it's over for Trump. A Dem Congress in '18 and a neoMarxist Prez in '20. Then your brave new world can begin where the "Dear Leader" (Obama?) gets to determine salaries - and product costs - and all the rest of the economy.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
272
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
272
Views

Re: Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

272 Views
Message 75 of 94

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

 

Obviously, you know the HOLD UP is the Congress.


 


Why didn't you say that "the HOLD UP is in Congress"  when Obama was in office and he tried to pass jobs bills putting Americans to work rebuilding our infrastructure, or when the Republicans were asked for input to make the Republican written ACA a better bill and they refused?


Are you referring to the near one trillion dollar stimulus package that was going to fund those shovel ready jobs and then Obama jokes they weren't all that shovel ready? Or maybe the stimulus money sent to his backers at Solyndra which then failed?

 

ACA - "Come help us establish socialized medicine" was an invitation that the Republicans did not accept and Obama made it clear that they were not invited to discuss the definitions only the process.

 

Now, any thoughts on this fraudulent topic that overlooked the hurricanes?


thats just an excuse..Trump is the President is he not?

 


What's an excuse? Surely not the stuff about Obama, Trump had no control over that. And certainly not about the hurricanes he didn't cause them.

 

 

So, again, excuse for what?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
272
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
270
Views

Re: Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

270 Views
Message 76 of 94

@CriticalThinking wrote:

In an attempt to defend Trump at any cost, JimC wrote, 

 

"I am trying to decide which category this thread belongs in. 

Is it "willful ignorance"? 

OR 

Is it "intellectual dishonesty?"

 

Because of the hurricanes, the number of expected jobs created was significantly reduced to only 90,000. However, after factoring in the impact of the 2 hurricanes, the U.S. lost 33,000 jobs. That's a difference of -123,000 less than expected.

 

Is this just a one month aberration, or is something else at play? Obviously we don't know but we'll find out over the next couple of months. Making judgments after only one month is fool's gold.

 

One of the more interesting aspects of the report was the REDUCTION in the number of jobs in July. In addition to September's rough month, the July number was revised lower from 189,000 to 138,000 though August got a bump higher from 156,000. Thus far, 2017 has seen the slowest jobs growth in at least five yearsIf nothing else, this situation merits watching. 

 

I know it hurts Trump Cult members to see any negative news about their hero, but facts are facts. Those are the actual numbers, it isn't fake news.   

 

 Strange post in so many ways. First, there is no mysterious group out there called "the cult". Second, any rational person knows this topic is a fraud - the losses were hurricane related. Third, "fools gold" is making negative assumptions immediately in the wake of the hurricanes. Finally, this is about common sense and an honest appraisal of the situation, not about some imaginary "hero".


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
270
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
293
Views

Re: Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

293 Views
Message 77 of 94

And now Der Trumper feeds the hatred that drives his base by allowing more employers to NOT offer birth control as part of their employee medical plans. Another win for f00ls who hate women who must work and other Republicans as well.

 

I see his munchkins are trying to blame global warming for the job losses, but if you HAD a job, and couldn't get to it because of the disasters, you were counted as EMPLOYEED, so the impact of the storms was minimal and the impact of the EXTREME uncertainty created by having a total looney-toons warmonger in charge was front and center.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
293
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
286
Views

Re: Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

286 Views
Message 78 of 94
that Trump..what a man of the average worker he is. He had the average worker in mind when he rolled back Obama overtime rule. YAYY A WIN FOR THE ORDINARY WORKER!!
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
286
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
276
Views

Re: Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

276 Views
Message 79 of 94

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

 

Obviously, you know the HOLD UP is the Congress.


 


Why didn't you say that "the HOLD UP is in Congress"  when Obama was in office and he tried to pass jobs bills putting Americans to work rebuilding our infrastructure, or when the Republicans were asked for input to make the Republican written ACA a better bill and they refused?


Are you referring to the near one trillion dollar stimulus package that was going to fund those shovel ready jobs and then Obama jokes they weren't all that shovel ready? Or maybe the stimulus money sent to his backers at Solyndra which then failed?

 

ACA - "Come help us establish socialized medicine" was an invitation that the Republicans did not accept and Obama made it clear that they were not invited to discuss the definitions only the process.

 

Now, any thoughts on this fraudulent topic that overlooked the hurricanes?


thats just an excuse..Trump is the President is he not?

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
276
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
278
Views

Under Trump Administration, US lost 33,000 jobs in Sept.

278 Views
Message 80 of 94

In an attempt to defend Trump at any cost, JimC wrote, 

 

"I am trying to decide which category this thread belongs in. 

Is it "willful ignorance"? 

OR 

Is it "intellectual dishonesty?"

 

Because of the hurricanes, the number of expected jobs created was significantly reduced to only 90,000. However, after factoring in the impact of the 2 hurricanes, the U.S. lost 33,000 jobs. That's a difference of -123,000 less than expected.

 

Is this just a one month aberration, or is something else at play? Obviously we don't know but we'll find out over the next couple of months. Making judgments after only one month is fool's gold.

 

One of the more interesting aspects of the report was the REDUCTION in the number of jobs in July. In addition to September's rough month, the July number was revised lower from 189,000 to 138,000 though August got a bump higher from 156,000. Thus far, 2017 has seen the slowest jobs growth in at least five yearsIf nothing else, this situation merits watching. 

 

I know it hurts Trump Cult members to see any negative news about their hero, but facts are facts. Those are the actual numbers, it isn't fake news.   

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
278
Views