Silver Conversationalist

Ukraine rebellion of 2014 - Excellent Documentary

Ukraine has certainly been brought to peoples' minds the past year. Prior to that probably few paid attention.

There was a horrendous revolution there about 4-5 years ago. I followed this in the news sites that I follow. The corrupt president at the time, a Russian puppet, took out to Russia where he was welcomed. They tried to dispose of a cache of incriminating papers in a large river by the capital, fortunately many were salvaged by citizens...the papers were a trove documenting the corruption of the government under this president.

So I followed this with interest. But I had NO idea of how awful and horrible it was on the ground for the citizens. I was aware of violence but not to the extent.

I watched this documentary on Netflix last year and I recommend watching it. It covers the nights and bloody violence by the government against protesters shouting "peaceful demonstration, peaceful demonstration!".  "Winter On Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom" on Netflix.

It is well worth watching the movie if you have any interest. And the recent history of Ukraine is still with us today.

A trailer is on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RibAQHeDia8&feature=youtu.be

I was shocked and astonished at the bloodshed perpetrated by the government.

...I wonder if that can or will happen here?

Social Butterfly

You're right — it's an excellent documentary. Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom

I saw it on netflix.

https://www.netflix.com/search?q=winter&jbv=80031666&jbp=0&jbr=0

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks for the reference. Another example of a Society trying to shake the bonds of a dictator such as putin...it does beg to ask, what will it take to get trump out of office? If we defeat him, will he go peacefully? 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

Thanks for the reference. Another example of a Society trying to shake the bonds of a dictator such as putin...it does beg to ask, what will it take to get trump out of office? If we defeat him, will he go peacefully? 

He'll go peacefully. Like all bullies he's a coward.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png