Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: US Rep Brian Higgins NY 26 Words Mean Nothing

Message 1 of 22

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

US Rep Brian Higgins promised his constituents that he would Vote against Nancy Pelosi for Speaker

He recently even signed his name to a letter affirming same

Today he wimped out & broke the deal he made with his Voters

Deciding instead to make a deal with the Devil

Source - mick studer

He now realizes what what he did was not in the best interests of the American people as he became educated in the way Washington has to work to get things done. If only all people would do that. We saw that with the new Congressman from UT, and the new member from NY City is on the same path, as well as the Ohio Congresswomen. This is what thinking people do and why they were elected.

The Constitution established two houses of Congress -- a somewhat more aristocratic Senate, and a House of Representatives that was supposed to be all about direct, grass-roots democracy.

As they saw it, the voters in every district would get together every other November, pick someone in their community they respected, and send him to Washington for a couple years to vote for their neighbors’ best interests and those of the nation.

This was not supposed to make you rich.

When the Constitution was ratified, members of Congress were paid six dollars a day, and then only when they met.

They make $174,000 a year today. That’s not all that much either, when you include the cost of living in two places.

But as a story in the Detroit Free Press Sunday devastatingly illustrated, today’s congressmen are anything but normal residents chosen on the basis of merit.

Congressional districts today are bought and sold, usually within a single party, since most areas are so gerrymandered the nominee of one party is virtually guaranteed victory.

Again Congressman Make $175000 a year - most of them spend millions to get elected - much of it their own money

Who spends more then they make to get a job & for what purpose

Read the History of the Country

What they were leaving & what they were creating

It wasn't a PERMANENT POLITICAL CLASS

Even if I were to accept your Argument which I don't

What is the purpose of this Permanent Political Class?

With the exception of Obamacare - Democrats have done nothing for Extraordinary Nothing Remarkable for Americans

There are No Gun Laws

Opioid Epidemic caused by the Medical Profession over prescribing pain pills supported by Democrats is getting worse & worse

There is No Healthcare For All

The Minimum Wage is still $7.25

Prescription Drugs Costs are Bankrupting Citizens

Wars & Military Spending is Bankrupting the Country

Immigration Policy is a Cruel Joke

Infrastructure throughout the Country is a Cruel Joke - 8000 people in Massachusetts have been without Heat & Hot Water for months - more Cities are struggling with Lead in the Water

Professional Politicians do nothing for Ordinary Citizens - they work for themselves & the FACTS are irrefutable

Save me the Blame the Republicans Baloney - it's just a meaningless excuse if you support career politicians - makes no difference their party affiliation

You claim I dont know how Washington works - yeah I do - I'm a Veteran & the VA Services are 3rd world - I'm on Social Security & I cant survive - the Medicare Costs eat away most of it - US Medical Costs are destroying Americans lives

This all happens because the people running the Country dont live like me - they have no clue until 6 months B4 re-election when they run their focus groups so some political writer can write them a speech that sounds like they have our backs - they dont

The Environmental is being destroyed by US Businesses

Source - https://nypost.com/2013/10/31/permanent-political-class-makes-washington-ineffective/

Just about all of what you say is true, but you have no idea of how Congress works. There is no way a Dem house can fix just about all of the problems you list. That can only happen after the next election if the Dems. elect a President so it has no bearing on this Congress. As one poster pointed out to you all the Dem house can do is put forwarded bills which can die in the Senate, or be stopped by Trump. With out good leadership in the house the Dems will not even be able to do anything but investigate. Nancy provides the leadership which will allow the seeds for a lot of the items to be planted, and possibly a few to be passed. The new comers to the house are learning that, and that is why you see the move toward her. They are thinking people who are learning how Congress works. I wish you would do the same.

Brian Higgins is a Democrat

Brian Higgins Promised His Constituents B4 the Election that He Would Oppose Pelosi - promised them

Brian Higgins Signed a letter within the last week - telling the American People - he would oppose Pelosi

Explain the Difference Between Trumps Lies & Broken Promises To The American People & Brian Higgins - Broken Promises to the American people 

Never mind I will

1. They both make decisions based on Political Expediency

2. They both make decisions based on what's best for them personally - not the Citizens or the Country

They made their decision on what was good for the USA. Sad to see you use the same type of logic as the far right.

So now someone who disagrees with you "uses the same logic as the far right"? It really surprises me to hear you say such a thing.  Nothing Mickstuder presented is "far right", not in your wildest dreams. Brian Higgins made a promise to not support Pelosi, he promised this to his constituents. Expecting him to keep that promise is not "far right" thinking.  Criticizing him for breaking that promise is not "logic of the far right". The "far right" accepts the lies and broken promises of trump, so we should do the same for Higgins? Perhaps you should re-think what you said.

Let's start with someone who disagrees with me. That is pure nonsense and starts something off on the same level as Trump does. What has been said to me shows that it is based on not knowing how congress works, and what you are saying that once a person says something to people in an election campaign and then finds out what they said was incorrect and will hurt the country should stick with it no matter what. That is one of the ways we got Trump, and it is how we will keep Trump. One should expect elected leaders to do what is right for the country no matter what, and one should expect thinking voters to want that rather than blind commitment to a statement proved wrong. Only the extreme  right and it looks like extreme left are in the same boat, and that boat always sinks in the end. We need people who take the time to learn how something works before they run it down.

The Democrats’ decision on Pelosi reminds me a lot of those old Fram oil filter commercials with the tagline, “You can pay me now, or you can pay me later.” By avoiding the short-term mess that would be required to finally remove Pelosi from her throne, the party is assuring itself some (maybe a lot) of political pain in the long-run.

Pelosi has already been labeled and destroyed throughout much of the nation as a classic San Francisco loony liberal who is old, rich, and out of touch. Having her as a ready-made boogie monster to blame for everything is a blessing for Republicans in Congress, and possibly President Donald Trump as well.

In this highly fragmented media era, it is exceedingly difficult, time consuming, and expensive for

Republicans to destroy a new Democratic political personality nationally.

With Pelosi, their work is already done for them, and by forcing several Democrats who promised not to support her for Speaker to break their pledge, she is going to make the Republicans job in 2020 much easier than it would be if there had been a fresh face at the helm of the new Democratic majority.

Trump’s fans are so confident in the political prowess of their infallible leader (please don’t tell them he just got whipped in the midterms!) that they are sure he wants Pelosi to be the next Speaker for these very reasons.

This is why when Trump promoted Pelosi for the position multiple times (an act of blasphemy from which no other Republican could have possibly recovered), they just laughed it off as yet another example of their genius outwitting his liberal opponents in a game of three-dimensional chess.

Source - https://www.mediaite.com/columnists/pelosi-will-be-the-next-speaker-but-both-parties-should-be-conce...

As I said before the way the house works she will allow the Dems to get off on a flying start, and the country needs that.  You are now stretching in to never never land to try and keep this going. Well shortly we will see if the thinking people will win on this an Nancy becomes speaker for the next 2 years. We see more and more who are headed for Congress join that band everyday as they speak out, and that is a good sign the next 2 years could be good ones for the real goal to end Dictator Trump. I hope you join the effort to do that. You do know there were a lot of people after Hillery won the nomination for President refused to endorse her and moved to people like Jill Stein who was the real deal for change and you saw what happened. Trump. Then they found out Jill was on the Russian push for Trump path just as Mike Flynn.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 22

@john258 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

US Rep Brian Higgins promised his constituents that he would Vote against Nancy Pelosi for Speaker

Source - mick studer

He now realizes what what he did was not in the best interests of the American people as he became educated in the way Washington has to work to get things done. If only all people would do that. We saw that with the new Congressman from UT, and the new member from NY City is on the same path, as well as the Ohio Congresswomen. This is what thinking people do and why they were elected.

The Constitution established two houses of Congress -- a somewhat more aristocratic Senate, and a House of Representatives that was supposed to be all about direct, grass-roots democracy.

As they saw it, the voters in every district would get together every other November, pick someone in their community they respected, and send him to Washington for a couple years to vote for their neighbors’ best interests and those of the nation.

When the Constitution was ratified, members of Congress were paid six dollars a day, and then only when they met.

They make $174,000 a year today. That’s not all that much either, when you include the cost of living in two places.

But as a story in the Detroit Free Press Sunday devastatingly illustrated, today’s congressmen are anything but normal residents chosen on the basis of merit.

Congressional districts today are bought and sold, usually within a single party, since most areas are so gerrymandered the nominee of one party is virtually guaranteed victory.

Again Congressman Make $175000 a year - most of them spend millions to get elected - much of it their own money

With the exception of Obamacare - Democrats have done nothing for Extraordinary Nothing Remarkable for Americans

There are No Gun Laws

Opioid Epidemic caused by the Medical Profession over prescribing pain pills supported by Democrats is getting worse & worse

Infrastructure throughout the Country is a Cruel Joke - 8000 people in Massachusetts have been without Heat & Hot Water for months - more Cities are struggling with Lead in the Water

Professional Politicians do nothing for Ordinary Citizens - they work for themselves & the FACTS are irrefutable

Save me the Blame the Republicans Baloney - it's just a meaningless excuse if you support career politicians - makes no difference their party affiliation

You claim I dont know how Washington works - yeah I do - I'm a Veteran & the VA Services are 3rd world - I'm on Social Security & I cant survive - the Medicare Costs eat away most of it - US Medical Costs are destroying Americans lives

This all happens because the people running the Country dont live like me - they have no clue until 6 months B4 re-election when they run their focus groups so some political writer can write them a speech that sounds like they have our backs - they dont

Source - https://nypost.com/2013/10/31/permanent-political-class-makes-washington-ineffective/

Just about all of what you say is true, but you have no idea of how Congress works. There is no way a Dem house can fix just about all of the problems you list. That can only happen after the next election if the Dems. elect a President so it has no bearing on this Congress. As one poster pointed out to you all the Dem house can do is put forwarded bills which can die in the Senate, or be stopped by Trump. With out good leadership in the house the Dems will not even be able to do anything but investigate. Nancy provides the leadership which will allow the seeds for a lot of the items to be planted, and possibly a few to be passed. The new comers to the house are learning that, and that is why you see the move toward her. They are thinking people who are learning how Congress works. I wish you would do the same.

Brian Higgins Promised His Constituents B4 the Election that He Would Oppose Pelosi - promised them

Brian Higgins Signed a letter within the last week - telling the American People - he would oppose Pelosi

Explain the Difference Between Trumps Lies & Broken Promises To The American People & Brian Higgins - Broken Promises to the American people 

Never mind I will

2. They both make decisions based on what's best for them personally - not the Citizens or the Country

They made their decision on what was good for the USA. Sad to see you use the same type of logic as the far right.

So now someone who disagrees with you "uses the same logic as the far right"? It really surprises me to hear you say such a thing.  Nothing Mickstuder presented is "far right", not in your wildest dreams. Brian Higgins made a promise to not support Pelosi, he promised this to his constituents. Expecting him to keep that promise is not "far right" thinking.  Criticizing him for breaking that promise is not "logic of the far right". The "far right" accepts the lies and broken promises of trump, so we should do the same for Higgins? Perhaps you should re-think what you said.

Let's start with someone who disagrees with me. That is pure nonsense and starts something off on the same level as Trump does. What has been said to me shows that it is based on not knowing how congress works, and what you are saying that once a person says something to people in an election campaign and then finds out what they said was incorrect and will hurt the country should stick with it no matter what. That is one of the ways we got Trump, and it is how we will keep Trump. One should expect elected leaders to do what is right for the country no matter what, and one should expect thinking voters to want that rather than blind commitment to a statement proved wrong. Only the extreme  right and it looks like extreme left are in the same boat, and that boat always sinks in the end. We need people who take the time to learn how something works before they run it down.

The Democrats’ decision on Pelosi reminds me a lot of those old Fram oil filter commercials with the tagline, “You can pay me now, or you can pay me later.” By avoiding the short-term mess that would be required to finally remove Pelosi from her throne, the party is assuring itself some (maybe a lot) of political pain in the long-run.

Pelosi has already been labeled and destroyed throughout much of the nation as a classic San Francisco loony liberal who is old, rich, and out of touch. Having her as a ready-made boogie monster to blame for everything is a blessing for Republicans in Congress, and possibly President Donald Trump as well.

In this highly fragmented media era, it is exceedingly difficult, time consuming, and expensive for

Republicans to destroy a new Democratic political personality nationally.

With Pelosi, their work is already done for them, and by forcing several Democrats who promised not to support her for Speaker to break their pledge, she is going to make the Republicans job in 2020 much easier than it would be if there had been a fresh face at the helm of the new Democratic majority.

Trump’s fans are so confident in the political prowess of their infallible leader (please don’t tell them he just got whipped in the midterms!) that they are sure he wants Pelosi to be the next Speaker for these very reasons.

This is why when Trump promoted Pelosi for the position multiple times (an act of blasphemy from which no other Republican could have possibly recovered), they just laughed it off as yet another example of their genius outwitting his liberal opponents in a game of three-dimensional chess.

Source - https://www.mediaite.com/columnists/pelosi-will-be-the-next-speaker-but-both-parties-should-be-conce...

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 22

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Source - mick studer

There are No Gun Laws

Never mind I will

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 22

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Source - mick studer

There are No Gun Laws

Never mind I will

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 22

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Source - mick studer

There are No Gun Laws

Those that agree with you are not the only "thinking people". It is untrue that those who disagree with you "don't know how Congress works". There are many "thinking people" who "know how Congress works" that disagree with you. Pelosi isn't going to "prepare"  anyone to succeed her, she simply doesn't want to let go or step down. I am a Democrat and IMO, the party needs new leadership. Putting things on the floor like Olderscout and Mickstuder have mentioned is the right thing to do. Put those things on the floor and force the Republicans to get on board or stand against them. They will stand against them and another Blue Wave will follow in 2020. Politics as usual is not going to cut it and that is what Pelosi sands for.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 22

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Source - mick studer

There are No Gun Laws

Never mind I will

Apparently I simply wasted my time typing out only a lenghty but only partial list of all the Countries problems

Problems that have existed for decades not just since Trump - not just since Republicans controlled Congress

Obama controlled the Congress for 2 years - where is the Gun Control - where Is the Infrastructure Repair - Where is the Immigration Reform - the increase in minimum wage to a living wage

Obamacare big deal - it was a poorly crafted - poorly vetted - poorly rolled out & managed program

What else were they doing - they can only work on one job at a time?

TRUE

WHY

Working on re-election - a majority of the time - that was not the intention of the creators of the Country

You go to Washington - do your best for your Country & go home

You know like serving your Country in the Military like I did - 3 years Vietnam - then I went home and got a job - let the next generation do their part - not a single day did I consider a career in the Military- why? - same philosophy as Politics - professional soldiers get paid based on time in grade not competency not production - time in grade

My guess is your either career military or a Union guy

I was in the Teamsters just long enough to learn they are just like Permanent Politicians - and the Military - put in your time - doing as little as possible & as soon as you have enough seniority bid for a more plum job - even if as in the Military you are a incompetent - have no idea what you are doing

Seniority - Time in Grade - BOGUS Way to run anything serious

Well your guess is wrong, even though I did spend time in the military and have worked with Union leadership as well as management. You do not understand the ACA by your comments on it. The fact is it was well crafted and tested. It is a reb. approach which was used in the State of Mass. by a Reb. Gov. and Dem lawmaking body. It was what could get passed at the time and was a stepping stone to what we will have some day. A medi Care for all type approach. If Hillary Care had passed we would have had a 10 year start on solving the problem but the far right stopped that. Your Union gave you higher pay and health coverage which you would not have had if they were not there. Yes your Union had problems and the mob type got into it, but we have a mob chief as our President now so it can happen anywhere. If the members had watched what was going on they could have stopped it at election time just as the US people could have with Trump. One way people can stop things like what you point out is to learn and understand what is happening with any subject as that can stop it. That is what I am telling you on this subject.

Yes that's True and it was a Major Success not because of it's

structure or mechanics of the law, or even in the successful performance of our online exchange.

Instead, the country should understand better how politicians and the larger community – consumers, employers, physicians, labor and health plans – set aside ideology to unite around a commitment to shared responsibility in health care.

Mass Health took Bi-partisan LEADERSHIP & DEALMAKING

It's Reasonable if you want to include Pelosi in the Architecture if Obamacare

But even with 5 years of being able to Study Mass Health

Pelosi & her Fellow Obamacare Architects & Project Managers - Blew It

You never get a Second Chance to make a First Impression & Pelosi & Company - Blew it

The evolution of Massachusetts health reform covers the administrations of two Democratic and four Republican governors.

BTW - Massachusetts still has a Republican Governor and a Different one than Mitt Romney who started Mass Health and was then succeeded by Deval Patrick a Democratic Governor

Mass Health just continues to get better & better

The rate of uninsured residents has been cut to less than 4 percent, by far the lowest in the nation; expanded coverage has improved access to needed care and increased the use of preventive care; and among the public, supporters of the law outnumber opponents by a 3-to-1 margin.

It might still be one of the most Expensive Places in the Country to purchase Healthcare but the Outcomes - the Quality of the Care is World Class

If Pelosi was such a Great Leader - A Great Deal Maker - Obamacare would have been a better Product from the Get-go and it would have enjoyed the same bi-partisan acceptance & support that Mass Health has acheived from having Great - Bi-partisan Leaders involved

Pelosi will not be remembered in the same Book of Records as

Mike Dukakis - Bill Weld - Mitt Romney - Charlie Baker - Deval Patrick - Ted Kennedy

She will be in the book with Ryan Mcconnell Hastert & Boehner

Source - https://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/health-care-lessons-from-massachusetts-099071

The Mass. health program was the initial product of a Reb. think tank. You are correct it took  deal making and leadership. It was a Reb. Gov. who played the leading role in that. You are correct as time goes on people like it. It takes time for something like that to take hold and you see the same thing with the ACA today. Nancy had nothing to do with the development of the law so  she did not blow it. She took was came from Obama and got it passed. Obama hired the same person Romney used when the ACA was written. The ACA was changed some and reflected what  could get passed at that time. Nancy had input on that, and they were correct as it passed. One of the main problems on the ACA was the Dem. Senator from CT. Joe Lieberman as he held the deciding vote and he would not vote for a govt. option on the exchange. By the way it was the Reb. Senator from MA who took over after Teddie passed away who really threw the monkey wrench into the plans. Nancy will go down in history as one of the better speakers, and due to her efforts to get it passed in the house we have it today. As I have said to you before you need to learn the subject both on the National level, and state level.

You Lecture me on my misunderstanding of how the House works & then you tell me Obama created the ACA Legislation

Ok - if that's true - the Pelosi has done nothing - at least I was generous enough to credit her for developing supporting & passing Obamacare - but your telling me she wasn't involved

What was she doing for all of 2008 - 9 - 10 & 11 when she was Speaker?

I remember her Leading on Nothing Else

I did tell you what Nancy job was as speaker. She got the votes from the Dems to pass the ACA bill the President sent to Congress. She gave input to the President on what  was and was not able to pass. She had enough votes in the house to pass a govt. option on the exchange. That was not true in the Senate. The speaker runs the day to day operation of the House, and adv. the President when it is a Dem on items that will come to the house. When the President and speaker are of the same party the President takes the lead on most bills going to Congress so you should hear less from the speaker. The next 2 years with Trump you will hear more from Nancy and that has already started. Committee Chairman are appointed officially by the speaker and the speaker has control over them. Right now we know who most will be even though it is not official yet. If Nancy were not elected speaker all of that could change and all the planing going on might go down the drain. Look at Ryan he can not control his members and you have had movements to oust him. John B quit as he was fed up with his far right members who he could not  control. She was a good speaker in the past, and right now we need some one like her to start off running in 2019. She should start to train people to become a Speaker this session as she is up there in age. I hope she does  this so after the 2020 elections the House will have a younger person as speaker to match up with a Dem. President.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 22

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Source - mick studer

There are No Gun Laws

Never mind I will

Apparently I simply wasted my time typing out only a lenghty but only partial list of all the Countries problems

Problems that have existed for decades not just since Trump - not just since Republicans controlled Congress

Obama controlled the Congress for 2 years - where is the Gun Control - where Is the Infrastructure Repair - Where is the Immigration Reform - the increase in minimum wage to a living wage

Obamacare big deal - it was a poorly crafted - poorly vetted - poorly rolled out & managed program

TRUE

WHY

Working on re-election - a majority of the time - that was not the intention of the creators of the Country

You know like serving your Country in the Military like I did - 3 years Vietnam - then I went home and got a job - let the next generation do their part - not a single day did I consider a career in the Military- why? - same philosophy as Politics - professional soldiers get paid based on time in grade not competency not production - time in grade

I was in the Teamsters just long enough to learn they are just like Permanent Politicians - and the Military - put in your time - doing as little as possible & as soon as you have enough seniority bid for a more plum job - even if as in the Military you are a incompetent - have no idea what you are doing

Well your guess is wrong, even though I did spend time in the military and have worked with Union leadership as well as management. You do not understand the ACA by your comments on it. The fact is it was well crafted and tested. It is a reb. approach which was used in the State of Mass. by a Reb. Gov. and Dem lawmaking body. It was what could get passed at the time and was a stepping stone to what we will have some day. A medi Care for all type approach. If Hillary Care had passed we would have had a 10 year start on solving the problem but the far right stopped that. Your Union gave you higher pay and health coverage which you would not have had if they were not there. Yes your Union had problems and the mob type got into it, but we have a mob chief as our President now so it can happen anywhere. If the members had watched what was going on they could have stopped it at election time just as the US people could have with Trump. One way people can stop things like what you point out is to learn and understand what is happening with any subject as that can stop it. That is what I am telling you on this subject.

structure or mechanics of the law, or even in the successful performance of our online exchange.

Instead, the country should understand better how politicians and the larger community – consumers, employers, physicians, labor and health plans – set aside ideology to unite around a commitment to shared responsibility in health care.

You never get a Second Chance to make a First Impression & Pelosi & Company - Blew it

The evolution of Massachusetts health reform covers the administrations of two Democratic and four Republican governors.

BTW - Massachusetts still has a Republican Governor and a Different one than Mitt Romney who started Mass Health and was then succeeded by Deval Patrick a Democratic Governor

The rate of uninsured residents has been cut to less than 4 percent, by far the lowest in the nation; expanded coverage has improved access to needed care and increased the use of preventive care; and among the public, supporters of the law outnumber opponents by a 3-to-1 margin.

It might still be one of the most Expensive Places in the Country to purchase Healthcare but the Outcomes - the Quality of the Care is World Class

If Pelosi was such a Great Leader - A Great Deal Maker - Obamacare would have been a better Product from the Get-go and it would have enjoyed the same bi-partisan acceptance & support that Mass Health has acheived from having Great - Bi-partisan Leaders involved

Mike Dukakis - Bill Weld - Mitt Romney - Charlie Baker - Deval Patrick - Ted Kennedy

Source - https://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/health-care-lessons-from-massachusetts-099071

The Mass. health program was the initial product of a Reb. think tank. You are correct it took  deal making and leadership. It was a Reb. Gov. who played the leading role in that. You are correct as time goes on people like it. It takes time for something like that to take hold and you see the same thing with the ACA today. Nancy had nothing to do with the development of the law so  she did not blow it. She took was came from Obama and got it passed. Obama hired the same person Romney used when the ACA was written. The ACA was changed some and reflected what  could get passed at that time. Nancy had input on that, and they were correct as it passed. One of the main problems on the ACA was the Dem. Senator from CT. Joe Lieberman as he held the deciding vote and he would not vote for a govt. option on the exchange. By the way it was the Reb. Senator from MA who took over after Teddie passed away who really threw the monkey wrench into the plans. Nancy will go down in history as one of the better speakers, and due to her efforts to get it passed in the house we have it today. As I have said to you before you need to learn the subject both on the National level, and state level.

You Lecture me on my misunderstanding of how the House works & then you tell me Obama created the ACA Legislation

Ok - if that's true - the Pelosi has done nothing - at least I was generous enough to credit her for developing supporting & passing Obamacare - but your telling me she wasn't involved

What was she doing for all of 2008 - 9 - 10 & 11 when she was Speaker?

I remember her Leading on Nothing Else

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 22

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Source - mick studer

There are No Gun Laws

Never mind I will

TRUE

WHY

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 22

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Source - mick studer

There are No Gun Laws

Never mind I will

TRUE

WHY

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 22

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Democrats won elections by promising to DO SOMETHING GOOD. While the Senat and ToadPOTUS can still stop the legislation, I'd let them stop:

1. "Medicare for all" - a single payer Government option in PPACA

2. A removal of import restrictions on prescription drugs.

3. Elimination of Corporate tax exemptions so they actually pay the 21%

4. Minimum wage hike to $15/hr and emiminate the exclusions for "tip workers"

5. "Stake Holder Protection" requiring companies to continue paying workers when their jobs are moved ANYWHERE, depending on how long the worker has been with the company.

6. Change inheritence tax to grant up to $5,000,000 tax free and anything above that amount taxed as income to the recepient.

7. Grant a one-year grace period on federal tax of lottery winnings so anything spent IN THE USA during that first year is tax free and only the unspent balance is taxed.

They put these on the table in the next 2 years, Texas will turn Purple, and the rest of the country will be deep blue.

Do you really see  Rep Brian Higgins and Pelosi in there someplace?

Nancy Pelosi got PPACA into our law and right now is the best bet for presenting Yertly McConnell with bills that advance the interests of the American People, like those listed above.

Higgins may have followed Der Trumper's lead by lying, but unlike Der Trumper and the Lying GOPers, RECANTING his lie and acting in the best interests of America instead of the GOPerLords is a distinct possibility.

Got it!! You did not see Pelosi or Higgins in there, it was just used to spout the usual Der Trumper and Lying GOPers nonsense.

Kudos
Views