Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: US LAUNCHES 50+ TOMAHAWK MISSLES

Message 71 of 123

Mavlolta--NBC showed distruction-six dead-- Chemical weapon storage units were avoided so no chemical weapons will be disbursed.  Have two grandchildren here today, so I'm not sure if it was PBS or CNN but one of them clearly said that planes are taking off from one of the runways. PBS had one commentator  questioning Trump's actions-wondering if it was knee jerk. Your tape talks about Russian complicity with regard to disbursement -which Tillerson spoke about last night. Others I'm sure will have had more quiet time today than me! Right now it's Mutt and Stuff, not news!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 123

Satellite images have a little more clarity than the video. More info here on where the missiles landed and what was targeted.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/07/politics/new-satellite-imagery-of-bombed-syrian-base/index.html

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 123

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course you are probably hearing a lot, much of it what you want to hear.  And further, of course, you've heard of propaganda haven't you?  Syria is going to be putting out all sort of propaganda attempting to make it look like the bombing didn't accomplish anything.  Did you see the link that MaVolta posted?

Further, there is no doubt that by your posts you'd like to see Trump with egg on his face.

Time will tell if it accomplished anything but the Russians pulled out of the agreement which exempted U.S. warplanes from attack while over Syria. That means we are going to be restricted to helping the rebels on the ground with no air support. 

Something to consider.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 123

I think the response was proper to show that the US will not tolerate use of chemical weapons. It is amazing how Trump makes these 180 turnarounds in just days, but that seems to be the way he operates. It is also a good indication that he is willing to go toe to toe with Putin if he has to. But the scary part is - what comes next? Where do we go from here? What is the strategy? 

Tillerson signaled that US was willing to work toward a diplomatic solution to remove Assad from power. Tillerson is scheduled to go to Moscow next week. Will be of great interest to see how this gets handled. Nikki Haley's speech at the UN severely condemned Russia, and indicated that further action would be taken should it become necessary. Congress will also have to come to terms with itself and deal with this. This will, no doubt, be a defining moment for the Trump presidency. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 123

@KidBoy2 wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/07/is-president-trumps-strike-on-syria-consti...

--

Thanks for posting that link...if many don't want to accept the Washington Post as a liberal source then something is wrong!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 123

@pc6063 wrote:

Tx- no one ever said it hadn't happened before.  but I Now have the news on, and I'm hearing there are flights taking off and that the runways intact,  and so, I have to wonder if this just wasn't some sort of ploy  to appease the world on trumps part because when you have tomahawks with surgical  strike ability, and you've  still got a runway up and running, somethings wrong. so now, I'm very suspicious and I take back what I said about being proud of Trump because obviously I fell into that spin.  Richva and other were right!

--

Of course you are probably hearing a lot, much of it what you want to hear.  And further, of course, you've heard of propaganda haven't you?  Syria is going to be putting out all sort of propaganda attempting to make it look like the bombing didn't accomplish anything.  Did you see the link that MaVolta posted?

Further, there is no doubt that by your posts you'd like to see Trump with egg on his face.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 123

Somebody needs to get their story straight. CNN reporting airbase was mostly destroyed and rendered unusable. Video posted, judge for yourselves.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2017/04/07/aftermath-of-syria-airfield-strike-orig-mobile.cnn/video/...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 123

Tx- no one ever said it hadn't happened before.  but I Now have the news on, and I'm hearing there are flights taking off and that the runways intact,  and so, I have to wonder if this just wasn't some sort of ploy  to appease the world on trumps part because when you have tomahawks with surgical  strike ability, and you've  still got a runway up and running, somethings wrong. so now, I'm very suspicious and I take back what I said about being proud of Trump because obviously I fell into that spin.  Richva and other were right!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 123

pc posted..

Presidents are also supposed to get permission from Congress, Tdump dkipped that part.

====================================================

FYI..one of many links saying Trump (not Tdump) did not need permission.

Is President Trump’s strike on Syria constitutional?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/07/is-president-trumps-strike-on-syria-consti...

Part of the link..

But foreign policy experts The Fix spoke to say Trump is probably okay launching one or even a couple series of strikes on his own without Congress's permission. That's because the War Powers Act allows the president to take some military action on his own, as long as it's more of a one-off thing and not long term.

If Trump wants to go any further — well, then our experts say he's going to need Congress's blessing. Trump himself thought the same thing when Obama was considering military strikes against Syria in 2013.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 123

@pc6063 wrote:

Presidents are also supposed to get permission from Congress, Tdump dkipped that part. 

--

Do some research on the War Powers Act.  You will find that Trump isn't the only President that has taken action like Trump [the correct spelling].  Clinton and Obama has done so also...remember the repeated 'surgical strikes' of the Obama years?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors