Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: US Being Invaded Emergency Declared Trump Golfing

Message 1 of 10

Is Johnson just another repub in hiding, who will poke his head out, mouth a few words, then go back into hiding? Seems to be the mode for all legislators who are afraid of trump’s base!

Never Forget

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

The Republican chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee said he is undecided on whether he will vote to rebuke President Donald Trump’s national emergency declaration, adding that he is concerned the maneuver establishes a dangerous precedent for the executive branch.

“I'm going to take a look at the case the president makes,” Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin told host Chuck Todd in an interview set to air Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“I'm also going to take a look at how quickly this money is actually going to be spent, versus what he's going to use,” Johnson said. “If he's not going to be spending it this fiscal year or very early in the next fiscal year, I would have my doubts. So again, I'm going to take a look at it and I’ll, you know, I'll decide when I actually have to vote on it.”

Asked about reservations among conservatives who fear that Trump’s declaration will empower future Democratic administrations to use their presidential authority to advance their agendas, Johnson said: “Absolutely, I share those concerns, which is why we're going to take a very careful look at what he's doing here in this instance.”

Source - https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/16/trump-national-emergency-congress-disapproval-1173345

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

Yes, we deserve a good explanation, but we have also come to know the traitor aka trump. Two observations:

1. trump is just flying this in our face, and just makes up facts, because he is king donald, wants us to know, and is challenging all to do something about it...I’m very offended by his actions. 

2. And let’s not lose site of the fact that this may be another trump diversionary tactic...he is about to have new testimony, from previous sources, come forward. And all of the investigations on trump, his family, and his organizations are starting to stack up and will roll over him in a very big way...good!

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

does this really require a second topic?

Well - If the United States is Under Such a Serious Attack From Foreign Invaders That it Requires The US President to Circumvent the US Constitution & the Entire US Congress To Declare A National Emergency

I think the President and the Entire US Government Should be Working to inform the American People - especially those in the Path of the Invasion where they should seek Shelter & Safety & the American People should also be given timely updates on the progress made in repelling the Invasion

The President should also be Assuring the American People That he has a effective plan in place to keep Washington the Nations Capital from being over run & that our Critical Infrastructure is nto falling into the hands of the Invaders

If there is another thread addressing these concerns - I am unaware - but in the case of a National Emergency where the Country is being Invaded I think any Redundancy should be warranted

The American People need to be Informed and Updated in a National Emergency - especially when their President has run away to the safety of a Peninsula on the most Southeastern Tip of the Country to of all things Go Golfing

Granted - the original topic did not contain all that over the top dramatic license - but it could have been added.

"OVER THE TOP"?

I'm not the person who characterized the situation as - the US is under Invasion by Foreigners & the Situation is so Catastrophic it requires a Immediate Declaration of a National Emergency

Trump did that & then went Golfing

Trumps actions are - over the top - not me reporting them!

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@rk9152 wrote:

Well  I am sure that you can provide this thread with a more appropriate one. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well - If the United States is Under Such a Serious Attack From Foreign Invaders That it Requires The US President to Circumvent the US Constitution & the Entire US Congress To Declare A National Emergency

I think the President and the Entire US Government Should be Working to inform the American People - especially those in the Path of the Invasion where they should seek Shelter & Safety & the American People should also be given timely updates on the progress made in repelling the Invasion

The President should also be Assuring the American People That he has a effective plan in place to keep Washington the Nations Capital from being over run & that our Critical Infrastructure is nto falling into the hands of the Invaders

If there is another thread addressing these concerns - I am unaware - but in the case of a National Emergency where the Country is being Invaded I think any Redundancy should be warranted

The American People need to be Informed and Updated in a National Emergency - especially when their President has run away to the safety of a Peninsula on the most Southeastern Tip of the Country to of all things Go Golfing

Granted - the original topic did not contain all that over the top dramatic license - but it could have been added.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@rk9152 wrote:

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Image result for trump emergency cartoon

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

US Being Invaded Emergency Declared Trump Golfing

Message 10 of 10

Trump Takes Off To Mar-A-Lago After National Emergency Declaration

Just hours after declaring a national emergency on border security, President Donald Trump headed to his Mar-a-Lago resort, marking his 223rd day on one of his properties.

Trump flew down to Florida on Friday following his Rose Garden speech announcing the emergency declaration, meant to access billions in additional funding for border wall construction.

The president’s trip came as a surprise to some Twitter users, who were baffled that amid a supposed emergency, Trump was heading out of the White House:

Trump National Emergency.png

Source - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Vrs8DIqXM

Trump National Emergency 1.png

Trump National Emergency 2.png

Source - Twitter

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors