Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: U.S./Mexico Reaching Deal for Handling Asylum Seekers

Message 51 of 63

@BigLib wrote:

Correct, John. The incoming Mexican interior minister said there is no such deal.

You mean that the liberal Washington Post is not a dependable news source?  Wow!!!  If not who can we trust?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 63

@john258 wrote:

If you are aware of what was going on you should have posted that since it was a major part of the story. You are aware that the deal is with the new Govt. taking over in Dec. We also hear from Mexico today that there is no such deal in the works. Guess time will tell.

I'm sure that it would take only a little effort to research what is posted?   The new administration will take office on December 1, and they will be the ones that our country will be dealing with.  Wouldn't you think that is is proper that they be the ones to institute the agreement?

Or do you think that the Washington Post is not telling the truth?  After all it is a liberal media outlet.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 63

@john258 wrote:

We also hear from Mexico today that there is no such deal in the works. Guess time will tell.

Correct, John. The incoming Mexican interior minister said there is no such deal.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-pol-mexico-caravan-border-20181124-story.html

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

You better read what is happening in Mexico on CA border. Looks like the Mexicans there will be against the deal. The local Mexican Officials have requested UN help and funding as they say their own Govt. is doing nothing for them. On a problem like this you have to look at the full problem not just parts.

I am fully aware of what is happening in Tijuana.  I believe this deal is still being worked out.  It is a step in the right direction and as the articles say, there is a chance that these migrants might want to find employment while waiting and give up banking on asylum.

Of course a good many are coming here for the big bucks they plan to make.  If they were indeed fleeing from persecution they would have already accepted Mexico's offer of residency and job permits.

If you are aware of what was going on you should have posted that since it was a major part of the story. You are aware that the deal is with the new Govt. taking over in Dec. We also hear from Mexico today that there is no such deal in the works. Guess time will tell.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 63

I note that there is none from the liberal side who has made any comments about how the administration is attempting to solve the situation in a humane manner.  In any event doubt if any comments would be favorable.  Guess it takes some wind out of their sails.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

Yes it is wrong. you don't come to any country because of your personal  benefits or advantages. you come because you want to live in this country, assimilate into the American country, raise your family in this country as Americans.   If you cannot deal with that yes,  do not come.

I agree.  Those that come here because of economic reasons don't really care about assimilating in the country being mostly interested in money.  And they send most of that 'home'.   They don't take time to learn our customs, laws nor language, remaining citizens of their native country.

There was an instance in my wife's family where this individual and another relative fled from Vietnam with others in a boat, made it to Hong Kong where he stayed in an UN refugee camp.  He fled claiming persecution, but this was after the country settled down a lot.  I filed paperwork offering to sponsor him, even enlisting our Senator's (Lloyd Bentsen) help, but he had already filed for refugee status.

After over many months there, he volunteered to return.  He and others in the family opened up a good business which made him well off financially.  We found out that he wasn't being persecuted as he claimed.   

My personal opinion is that the UN High Commissioner for Refugees should vet these migrants first and then turn their results over to our Immigration people to decide whether to further investigate of whether to admit them or not. That would cut down on those knocking at our door.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 63

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Reply point for point. There is no doubt that you are just repeating the 'group think' of liberals here.  I have nothing against immigrants coming to this country since my wife is a now naturalized immigrant who came here legally.

Of course you can read their minds.  There is no doubt at the reason most want to come here..they have already stated that it is more so monetary than anything.  That has been said many times in the media.  Additionally I'm sure you are aware that they come here working at lower wages than Americans, but in their country is high.  Again you are repeating the liberal 'group think'.

And I'm aware of those like this wanting to come here mostly for what they think is the huge economic benefits.  It's not particular to any one country or one part of the world.

Of course, it is greedy for them to want to come here when they could possibly work for  poverty wages in Mexico?  If they are looking for jobs as the majority says they would be willing to accept anything better than at home.  No, they want to come to the U.S. for what they consider higher wages.  What they don't consider is that with those wages comes higher living costs.

Of course it is wrong of a person with a college degree to want to come here for decent wages/salary?  Can you tell us how many in that crowd has college degrees?  Or those that has who wouldn't be applying for positions in their home  country or in Mexico?  Since you know, why don't you tell us how you know. Can you say how many?  You are the only one I'm aware of that is using that excuse...it isn't in the media.

Of course these people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you.  No, their method of attempting to overload the system.  Without doubt that is what the organizers of these caravans are attempting to do.  And they are in California.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 63

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course a good many are coming here for the big bucks they plan to make.  If they were indeed fleeing from persecution they would have already accepted Mexico's offer of residency and job permits.

Of course you can read their minds.

Of course it is greedy for them to want to come here when they could possibly work for  poverty wages in Mexico? 

Of course it is wrong of a person with a college degree to want to come here for decent wages/salary?

Of course these people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you.

Yes it is wrong. you don't come to any country because of your personal  benefits or advantages. you come because you want to live in this country, assimilate into the American country, raise your family in this country as Americans.   If you cannot deal with that yes,  do not come.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course you can read their minds.

Of course it is greedy for them to want to come here when they could possibly work for  poverty wages in Mexico? 

Of course it is wrong of a person with a college degree to want to come here for decent wages/salary?

Of course these people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

You better read what is happening in Mexico on CA border. Looks like the Mexicans there will be against the deal. The local Mexican Officials have requested UN help and funding as they say their own Govt. is doing nothing for them. On a problem like this you have to look at the full problem not just parts.

I am fully aware of what is happening in Tijuana.  I believe this deal is still being worked out.  It is a step in the right direction and as the articles say, there is a chance that these migrants might want to find employment while waiting and give up banking on asylum.

You surely wouldn't have a chip on your shoulder and carrying the countries flag that you are claiming persecuted you.

Kudos
Views