Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: U.S./Mexico Reaching Deal for Handling Asylum Seekers

Message 41 of 63

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Of course it is wrong of a person with a college degree to want to come here for decent wages/salary?  Can you tell us how many in that crowd has college degrees? Can you tell me how many doesn't? Is a college degree a requirement? Or those that has who wouldn't be applying for positions in their home  country or in Mexico?  Since you know, why don't you tell us how you know.Since you know, why don't you tell us how you know? Can you say how many? Can you tell us how many don't?  Again, is a college degree a requirement? You are the only one I'm aware of that is using that excuse...it isn't in the media.

You are the one who is insisting that there are college graduates who have been walking across Mexico to get to this country.  Not me, but you refuse to answer and attempt to bounce it to me.   The burden is on you to prove the accuracy of your statements, not me.  But I'm guessing that you can't...much like in other areas where you post something but when called on it, attempt to turn it on to someone else.  Nothing unusual.

No use continuing this, besides it is way off-topic and has nothing to do with the thread.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 63

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Or do you think that the Washington Post is not telling the truth?  After all it is a liberal media outlet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/incoming-mexican-government-denies-deal-hold-asylum-seekers-mex...

Are you saying that the Washinton Post is not publishing the truth?  We are not to trust liberal media?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 63

@BigLib wrote:

Wow!!! Well certainly not Fox News. They ran with it, too. And certainly not anyone that would promote a false story on a public forum, simply because it affirms their hatred of immigrants.

As of 9:30 last evening the Washington Post is still running the story, even saying it is an exclusive.  Don't tell me that they are not accurate...one of the meccas for liberal news?   But of course it might be that the reason liberals have a problem is that Trump is acting to create good order out of this attempt to overwhelm our immigration system.

Hatred of immigrants, not legal immigrants that follows our laws to enter the country and its path to citizenship.  I married one  who became a citizen and has respect for her adopted country and it's laws.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 63

Frankly, great move on MEXICO'S part.

They will initially allow immigrants to queue up in MEXICO as they get processed.

Our processing system is in such disrepair that processing will take well beyond the time anyone sees as reasonable.

The immigrants will then enter the country illegally with the blessing of the world as we drag our feet.

MEXICO will shrug and say they did their part for as long as they could.

They will be seen as trying to assist us but since we took so long; they couldn't help any more.... nobody will blame them.... except for TRUMP THE CHUMP..... but nobody else.

Just another example of TRUMP being a CHUMP.

MEXICO'S new PRESIDENT must be a sharp cookie.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 63

I really don't see the problem here. The members of the military Trump sent to Arizona and Texas have spent their time building camps, stringing barbed wire, and playing soccer and volleyball.  They will be leaving on December 15, half a month before the actual caravan will arrive. That means those camps will be empty of military and ready to house migrants as they legally await decisions on their petitions. 

Why else would Trump have sent the military to the border and then pulled them before the caravan came?  I mean, you surly cannot believe it was a cheap political move for the midterms? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Reply point for point. There is no doubt that you are just repeating the 'group think' of liberals here.  I have nothing against immigrants coming to this country since my wife is a now naturalized immigrant who came here legally.

Of course you can read their minds.  There is no doubt at the reason most want to come here..they have already stated that it is more so monetary than anything.  That has been said many times in the media.  Additionally I'm sure you are aware that they come here working at lower wages than Americans, but in their country is high.  Again you are repeating the liberal 'group think'.Your repeated "group think" statement is lame, I have my opinion and it is my own. These people have the right to immigrate here and it is up to immigration officials and the law, not you.

And I'm aware of those like this wanting to come here mostly for what they think is the huge economic benefits.  It's not particular to any one country or one part of the world. I don't hold it against anyone that wants to come to America instead of Mexico, IMO, it would be stupid to not want to.

Of course, it is greedy for them to want to come here when they could possibly work for  poverty wages in Mexico?  If they are looking for jobs as the majority says they would be willing to accept anything better than at home.  No, they want to come to the U.S. for what they consider higher wages.  What they don't consider is that with those wages comes higher living costs. A better standard of living can be earned and had in America than in Mexico, I don't blame them for choosing here over Mexico and I welcome them.

Of course it is wrong of a person with a college degree to want to come here for decent wages/salary?  Can you tell us how many in that crowd has college degrees? Can you tell me how many doesn't? Is a college degree a requirement? Or those that has who wouldn't be applying for positions in their home  country or in Mexico?  Since you know, why don't you tell us how you know.Since you know, why don't you tell us how you know? Can you say how many? Can you tell us how many don't?  Again, is a college degree a requirement? You are the only one I'm aware of that is using that excuse...it isn't in the media.

That's hilarious, I read in in the media, you should keep up.  And, I didn't use "college" degree" as an "excuse" for anyone to come here, a college degree is not an "excuse" or a requirement, but many of them are college educated.

Of course these people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you.  No, their method of attempting to overload the system.  Without doubt that is what the organizers of these caravans are attempting to do.  And they are in California. Sorry you don't like the numbers, take it up with the countries that are so bad that they fled here.

You "group speak" is never ending against these people.  Have a nice night.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course a good many are coming here for the big bucks they plan to make.  If they were indeed fleeing from persecution they would have already accepted Mexico's offer of residency and job permits.

Of course you can read their minds.

Of course it is greedy for them to want to come here when they could possibly work for  poverty wages in Mexico? 

Of course it is wrong of a person with a college degree to want to come here for decent wages/salary?

Of course these people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you.

Yes it is wrong. you don't come to any country because of your personal  benefits or advantages. you come because you want to live in this country, assimilate into the American country, raise your family in this country as Americans.   If you cannot deal with that yes,  do not come.

Many people have immigrated here "because of their personal benefits and advantages" and brought wealth with them. . Many have immigrated here poor seeking opportunity. These people "want to live in this country", oddly, that is the reason you just stated. Getting a job and living here is "assimilating into the country". Our immigration laws and immigration officials will decide who can and who can't. That is what is right, regardless of what you or anyone else thinks.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

If you are aware of what was going on you should have posted that since it was a major part of the story. You are aware that the deal is with the new Govt. taking over in Dec. We also hear from Mexico today that there is no such deal in the works. Guess time will tell.

I'm sure that it would take only a little effort to research what is posted?   The new administration will take office on December 1, and they will be the ones that our country will be dealing with.  Wouldn't you think that is is proper that they be the ones to institute the agreement?

Or do you think that the Washington Post is not telling the truth?  After all it is a liberal media outlet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/incoming-mexican-government-denies-deal-hold-asylum-seekers-mex...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Correct, John. The incoming Mexican interior minister said there is no such deal.

You mean that the liberal Washington Post is not a dependable news source?  Wow!!!  If not who can we trust?

Wow!!! Well certainly not Fox News. They ran with it, too. And certainly not anyone that would promote a false story on a public forum, simply because it affirms their hatred of immigrants.

Good thing I was around to post the truth here today. Smiley Very Happy

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

If you are aware of what was going on you should have posted that since it was a major part of the story. You are aware that the deal is with the new Govt. taking over in Dec. We also hear from Mexico today that there is no such deal in the works. Guess time will tell.

I'm sure that it would take only a little effort to research what is posted?   The new administration will take office on December 1, and they will be the ones that our country will be dealing with.  Wouldn't you think that is is proper that they be the ones to institute the agreement?

Yes you should try a little research. It is the new Mexican Govt. that said there is no such deal. A new Govt. does not deal with a foreign govt. on anything until they take office as you can only have one Govt. at a time which is something Reb. forgot about years ago. Look at what Nixon did the first time he ran for office by killing a peace deal to end the viet Nam war which lead to thousands of Americans being killed. If you were serving at that time there is a good chance some of your friends were killed by Nixon actions. The far right Reb. have never done anything to help anyone. Now the DC post reports the story as they got it, and they got this one from our WH sources. Could be the rest of the WH is following Trump the liar.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors