Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: U.S./Mexico Reaching Deal for Handling Asylum Seekers

Message 31 of 63

I don't think any deal has been made yet. I hope this whole issue ends without any further problem s. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 63

The current US regime is hoping that no one asks why are these people leaving their own country.    Are people here too lazy to ask or even consider that question.    They claim to be life long GOP voters and yet they know nothing about the meddling that their GOP Presidents have embarked upon to remove democratically elected governments and replace them with leaders similar to Pinochet.

This should be the classic:  you break it you own it, but the US ignores that entirely.

Perhaps because those complaining about migrants seeking asylum don't know or care about why people leave their own country to seek a better  / safer life in another country.    These same people have bought into the RW nonsense that all these people are mooches on the US economy and are "bad people".     These people should realize that they have been brainwashed into believing that  nonsense.      I don't loathe those who are complaining about immigrants, I pity them for not being able to use their brain and learn that they are being lied to.     When they talk here, they only say MS-13.   If they engaged their brain, they would see the falsehood in their own statements. 

Asylum seekers are leaving a country that the US destroyed and then it walked away.    Why are those complaining here not taking any responsibility for what the US did...aren't they the same people boasting about their military "service".   

Oh yeah, today it was announced that a DACA student was awarded a Rhodes scholarship...so much for the RW nonsense about all immigrants being stupid, don't learn the language and are not hard workers.   

On the topic at hand....we have to wait until 1 DEC until the new Mexican President is installed.   Apparently Donald and his minions forgot that, or are attempting to make a statement ahead of his installation.     That is not negotiation, that is an attempt at bullying someone...and the new MX President is having none of it.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 63

I almost never in accord to anything that Trump does. but on this one. sorry, he is correct. although I don't care for the manner that he is resolving this issue, I care for the fact that he is trying to bring some control to the border.

I realize that like the Tea Party for Republicans the so called Liberals in this message board will never try to see anything different than their beliefs.

But, this time realize the reality of the situation

If he can actually keep those  people outside the US and provide the necessary steps that are needed to obtain asylum he is correct.  The minute that any of those people enter the US an d do not qualify for asylum they would have disappeared inside the US and even if they are caught, the immigration laws could take years before they would be actually deported we  have all been there and done that.
Let's act with common sense on this one and not be simply Democrats or Republicans. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course these people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you.

But no right to cross the border without approval. And that is the real issue.

Your "issue" is based on conjecture and opinion. These people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you too.

This topic is about Mexico reaching a "deal" for handling asylum seekers. To stay on topic, the incoming Mexican government rejects the "deal. Care to comment on the actual topic? 

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Or do you think that the Washington Post is not telling the truth?  After all it is a liberal media outlet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/incoming-mexican-government-denies-deal-hold-asylum-seekers-mex...

Are you saying that the Washinton Post is not publishing the truth?  We are not to trust liberal media?

Are you saying that my source and other sources are not telling the truth? Things change. The incoming Mexican government rejects the "deal". Other networks besides the one I post again below say the same. Fake news ???????

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/incoming-mexican-government-denies-deal-hold-asylum-seekers-mex...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 63

@BigLib wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

I married one  who became a citizen and has respect for her adopted country and it's laws.

To use your narrative, there's no way to confirm that, is there. Therefore, it must not be true.

The on-topic crux is that the incoming Mexican leadership denies making any deal with the Trump administration. And as we've seen many times before, the MAGATS first reaction is to blame it on the liberals.

Related image

What has your oft repeated picture to do with the possibility of cooperation between us and Mexico in dealing with this??

And about the picture - do you believe that it is only Conservatives that care about our national borders? If so, we are in agreement.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Wow!!! Well certainly not Fox News. They ran with it, too. And certainly not anyone that would promote a false story on a public forum, simply because it affirms their hatred of immigrants.

As of 9:30 last evening the Washington Post is still running the story, even saying it is an exclusive.  Don't tell me that they are not accurate...one of the meccas for liberal news?   But of course it might be that the reason liberals have a problem is that Trump is acting to create good order out of this attempt to overwhelm our immigration system.

Hatred of immigrants, not legal immigrants that follows our laws to enter the country and its path to citizenship.  I married one  who became a citizen and has respect for her adopted country and it's laws.

Again .............. anyone coming to our border and seeking entry by any legal term deemed applicable is within their rights and are breaking no laws. Implying that those individuals do this to "overwhelm our immigration system" is far fetched and erroneous. My hat is off to those who have endured the hardship of their long travel on foot to get to our border. They should be given a chance to become a citizen and develop a respect for their "adopted" country and it's laws also.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 63

@Richva wrote:

I really don't see the problem here. The members of the military Trump sent to Arizona and Texas have spent their time building camps, stringing barbed wire, and playing soccer and volleyball.  They will be leaving on December 15, half a month before the actual caravan will arrive. That means those camps will be empty of military and ready to house migrants as they legally await decisions on their petitions. 

Why else would Trump have sent the military to the border and then pulled them before the caravan came?  I mean, you surly cannot believe it was a cheap political move for the midterms? 

Volleyball has been discussed on various other topics. Do you have any thoughts on the possibility of cooperation with Mexico in dealing with this situation?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 63

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course these people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you.

But no right to cross the border without approval. And that is the real issue.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

I married one  who became a citizen and has respect for her adopted country and it's laws.

To use your narrative, there's no way to confirm that, is there. Therefore, it must not be true.

The on-topic crux is that the incoming Mexican leadership denies making any deal with the Trump administration. And as we've seen many times before, the MAGATS first reaction is to blame it on the liberals.

Related image

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views