Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: U.S./Mexico Reaching Deal for Handling Asylum Seekers

Message 11 of 63

@Richva wrote:

How are they "indicating" this? They are 40 days out from hitting the border so which actions are indicative?

40 days out?  Then what were they doing today?   Joining in on your volleyball game?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course these people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you.

But no right to cross the border without approval. And that is the real issue.

Your "issue" is based on conjecture and opinion. These people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you too.

This topic is about Mexico reaching a "deal" for handling asylum seekers. To stay on topic, the incoming Mexican government rejects the "deal. Care to comment on the actual topic? 

Let's nail down what we are disagreeing about. I believe that people have the right to come to the border and ask for asylum but that they do no have the right to come into the nation without approval and then ask for asylum. Are we in agreement?

As to the actual topic - if true, I think it is great

Actually, there are two ways to seek asylum. One is 'Affirmative Asylum'.  The other is 'Defensive Asylum'.  In Affirmative Asylum, you file for it after being in the United States and it does not matter how you got here.

Read for yourself (I hope it's not to complicated, you have to go to the site I provide and then click on each one individually to read it's details)

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/obtaining-asylum-united-states

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:
  1. Now  we are seeing a problem that should had never reached these heights, now we have seen those people rushing a border to come into this country. and of course many think they have the right to do so. 
    But in my opinion, no they don't, You come to this country legally, and do not try to force yourself in, just because you feel like it. That is not the way, and we should not tolerate that.

These 'migrants' are indicating that they believe they have a right to enter this country.  To the contrary I believe it is a privilege to be accepted for entrance and a path to citizenship.  Their actions today indicate they wouldn't be law abiding citizens.

The current law says they do. Now that would mean the border control people are indicating they are not law abiding citizens. What you believe means nothing here as there is a law in place to be followed.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 63

@TxGrandpa2

The only indicator is the they have a right to apply for asylum, and are being stonewalled and denied the right to enter and apply...no matter how you try to warp it. 

Did you give everyone a psychological analysis to determine credibility?

@rker321

Are they guilty of rushing the fence? If you were living in unhygienic conditions, what would you do?

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:
  1. Now  we are seeing a problem that should had never reached these heights, now we have seen those people rushing a border to come into this country. and of course many think they have the right to do so. 
    But in my opinion, no they don't, You come to this country legally, and do not try to force yourself in, just because you feel like it. That is not the way, and we should not tolerate that.

These 'migrants' are indicating that they believe they have a right to enter this country.  To the contrary I believe it is a privilege to be accepted for entrance and a path to citizenship.  Their actions today indicate they wouldn't be law abiding citizens.

How are they "indicating" this? They are 40 days out from hitting the border so which actions are indicative?

Hey........is this another RWNJ "the world is ending" headline?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 63
    If those that have done those acts do not respect this country enough not to deal with what is happening and try to get into this country whenever they have been processed even if it takes years. Or have anyone here tried to immigrate into Canada and found out how long it takes to be able to be accepted? Well, guess what. This is a country of laws. and they need to be respected. and no one has the right to do what those people did at the border. 
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 63

@afisher wrote:

The current US regime is hoping that no one asks why are these people leaving their own country.   

Why would you say that? We are not the policemen of the world and certainly not responsible for the effects.

Are people here too lazy to ask or even consider that question.    They claim to be life long GOP voters and yet they know nothing about the meddling that their GOP Presidents have embarked upon to remove democratically elected governments and replace them with leaders similar to Pinochet.

Pinochet died 20 years ago. And how many of the mob at the border are from Chile?

This should be the classic:  you break it you own it, but the US ignores that entirely.

Perhaps because those complaining about migrants seeking asylum don't know or care about why people leave their own country to seek a better  / safer life in another country.    These same people have bought into the RW nonsense that all these people are mooches on the US economy and are "bad people".     These people should realize that they have been brainwashed into believing that  nonsense.      I don't loathe those who are complaining about immigrants, I pity them for not being able to use their brain and learn that they are being lied to.     When they talk here, they only say MS-13.   If they engaged their brain, they would see the falsehood in their own statements. 

Asylum seekers are leaving a country that the US destroyed and then it walked away.    Why are those complaining here not taking any responsibility for what the US did...aren't they the same people boasting about their military "service".   

Oh yeah, today it was announced that a DACA student was awarded a Rhodes scholarship...so much for the RW nonsense about all immigrants being stupid, don't learn the language and are not hard workers.   

On the topic at hand....we have to wait until 1 DEC until the new Mexican President is installed.   Apparently Donald and his minions forgot that, or are attempting to make a statement ahead of his installation.     That is not negotiation, that is an attempt at bullying someone...and the new MX President is having none of it.  

Bottom line - do you think that anyone from anywhere in the world has the right to live in America?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 63

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course these people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you.

But no right to cross the border without approval. And that is the real issue.

Your "issue" is based on conjecture and opinion. These people have the right to come to our border and seek admission. Sorry that bothers you too.

This topic is about Mexico reaching a "deal" for handling asylum seekers. To stay on topic, the incoming Mexican government rejects the "deal. Care to comment on the actual topic? 

Let's nail down what we are disagreeing about. I believe that people have the right to come to the border and ask for asylum but that they do no have the right to come into the nation without approval and then ask for asylum. Are we in agreement?

As to the actual topic - if true, I think it is great.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

My hat is off to those who have endured the hardship of their long travel on foot to get to our border. They should be given a chance to become a citizen and develop a respect for their "adopted" country and it's laws also.

Sure, MS-13 members and others like them should be allowed to come right in, doncha know?  Just say to all comers...."Y'all come!!!"

Oh? Did you see some MS-13 signs and/or members? Paranoia and fear makes people think strange things. I am sure our border patrol and immigration officials can do proper screening. These people have the right to come to our border to seek asylum and request admittance for other legal reasons ............. whether people here with unfounded or founded fears like it or not, donhca know ?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views