Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: U.S. Billionaires worry about the future of Capitalism

Message 1 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, O.K. let's see - If I earn 10 bucks, that is my ten bucks. If I earn a million bucks that is my million bucks. If by "changing the ratio" you mean take some of my bucks and give them to someone else, then that is theft of my earned bucks. There is no "God given right" to a ratio - but there is to one's own, earned property.

Republican motto - you want it, earn it.

You forgot the second half of the motto.... "as long as it does not cut into my share"

No, that is your creation. if you earned it, I have no right to it.

I am reminded of the coal mining towns in W. VA prior to unionization. A perfect example of how the wealthy acquires and keeps the wealth created by people who risked their lives digging it out of the ground for them. 

Why are you reminded of that? I believe if you earned it, I have no right to it. Do you disagree?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, O.K. let's see - If I earn 10 bucks, that is my ten bucks. If I earn a million bucks that is my million bucks. If by "changing the ratio" you mean take some of my bucks and give them to someone else, then that is theft of my earned bucks. There is no "God given right" to a ratio - but there is to one's own, earned property.

You forgot the second half of the motto.... "as long as it does not cut into my share"

I am reminded of the coal mining towns in W. VA prior to unionization. A perfect example of how the wealthy acquires and keeps the wealth created by people who risked their lives digging it out of the ground for them. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Democrat's motto - what's mine is mine. What's yours is mine also!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You seem to be defining "ordinary people" as those who feel they are entitled to other people's property and want the government to get it for them.

No doubt there are such people but I do not consider them "ordinary" or even "normal".

And you seem to be arguing that  the wealth of America properly belongs to the currently wealthy and we should be grateful for the 10%  of the wealth they give to the other 90% of Americans. The motto of the America aristocracy is "What's ours is ours and what's yours is negotiable".

That is a very strange interpretation.

Well, let's see. The top 10% have 90% of the wealth.  They claim that any attempt to change that ratio is taking away "other people's property". So that must mean that they have a God given right to their 90% share. Just like Marie Antoinette thought.  The Republican motto?  "Let them eat cake". 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You seem to be defining "ordinary people" as those who feel they are entitled to other people's property and want the government to get it for them.

No doubt there are such people but I do not consider them "ordinary" or even "normal".

And you seem to be arguing that  the wealth of America properly belongs to the currently wealthy and we should be grateful for the 10%  of the wealth they give to the other 90% of Americans. The motto of the America aristocracy is "What's ours is ours and what's yours is negotiable".

Well, let's see. The top 10% have 90% of the wealth.  They claim that any attempt to change that ratio is taking away "other people's property". So that must mean that they have a God given right to their 90% share. Just like Marie Antoinette thought.  The Republican motto?  "Let them eat cake". 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The poor don't give their money to the top 10% but the 10% are expected by the liberals to pay for the 90% in taxation! What's yours is yours, and what's mine is mine unless Democrats take over. Then what's mine is yours.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views