Do you or your loved ones suspect a scam? Report it now to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
55
Views

Re: U.S. Billionaires worry about the future of Capitalism

55 Views
Message 1 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, O.K. let's see - If I earn 10 bucks, that is my ten bucks. If I earn a million bucks that is my million bucks. If by "changing the ratio" you mean take some of my bucks and give them to someone else, then that is theft of my earned bucks. There is no "God given right" to a ratio - but there is to one's own, earned property.

 

Republican motto - you want it, earn it.


You forgot the second half of the motto.... "as long as it does not cut into my share"


No, that is your creation. if you earned it, I have no right to it.


I am reminded of the coal mining towns in W. VA prior to unionization. A perfect example of how the wealthy acquires and keeps the wealth created by people who risked their lives digging it out of the ground for them. 


Why are you reminded of that? I believe if you earned it, I have no right to it. Do you disagree?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
55
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
63
Views

Re: U.S. Billionaires worry about the future of Capitalism

63 Views
Message 2 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, O.K. let's see - If I earn 10 bucks, that is my ten bucks. If I earn a million bucks that is my million bucks. If by "changing the ratio" you mean take some of my bucks and give them to someone else, then that is theft of my earned bucks. There is no "God given right" to a ratio - but there is to one's own, earned property.

 

Republican motto - you want it, earn it.


You forgot the second half of the motto.... "as long as it does not cut into my share"


No, that is your creation. if you earned it, I have no right to it.


I am reminded of the coal mining towns in W. VA prior to unionization. A perfect example of how the wealthy acquires and keeps the wealth created by people who risked their lives digging it out of the ground for them. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
63
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
71
Views

Re: U.S. Billionaires worry about the future of Capitalism

71 Views
Message 3 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, O.K. let's see - If I earn 10 bucks, that is my ten bucks. If I earn a million bucks that is my million bucks. If by "changing the ratio" you mean take some of my bucks and give them to someone else, then that is theft of my earned bucks. There is no "God given right" to a ratio - but there is to one's own, earned property.

 

Republican motto - you want it, earn it.


You forgot the second half of the motto.... "as long as it does not cut into my share"


No, that is your creation. if you earned it, I have no right to it.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
71
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
79
Views

Re: U.S. Billionaires worry about the future of Capitalism

79 Views
Message 4 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, O.K. let's see - If I earn 10 bucks, that is my ten bucks. If I earn a million bucks that is my million bucks. If by "changing the ratio" you mean take some of my bucks and give them to someone else, then that is theft of my earned bucks. There is no "God given right" to a ratio - but there is to one's own, earned property.

 

Republican motto - you want it, earn it.


You forgot the second half of the motto.... "as long as it does not cut into my share"


Democrat's motto - what's mine is mine. What's yours is mine also!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
79
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
87
Views

Re: U.S. Billionaires worry about the future of Capitalism

87 Views
Message 5 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, O.K. let's see - If I earn 10 bucks, that is my ten bucks. If I earn a million bucks that is my million bucks. If by "changing the ratio" you mean take some of my bucks and give them to someone else, then that is theft of my earned bucks. There is no "God given right" to a ratio - but there is to one's own, earned property.

 

Republican motto - you want it, earn it.


You forgot the second half of the motto.... "as long as it does not cut into my share"

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
87
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
98
Views

Re: U.S. Billionaires worry about the future of Capitalism

98 Views
Message 6 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You seem to be defining "ordinary people" as those who feel they are entitled to other people's property and want the government to get it for them.

 

No doubt there are such people but I do not consider them "ordinary" or even "normal".


And you seem to be arguing that  the wealth of America properly belongs to the currently wealthy and we should be grateful for the 10%  of the wealth they give to the other 90% of Americans. The motto of the America aristocracy is "What's ours is ours and what's yours is negotiable".


That is a very strange interpretation.


Well, let's see. The top 10% have 90% of the wealth.  They claim that any attempt to change that ratio is taking away "other people's property". So that must mean that they have a God given right to their 90% share. Just like Marie Antoinette thought.  The Republican motto?  "Let them eat cake". 


Well, O.K. let's see - If I earn 10 bucks, that is my ten bucks. If I earn a million bucks that is my million bucks. If by "changing the ratio" you mean take some of my bucks and give them to someone else, then that is theft of my earned bucks. There is no "God given right" to a ratio - but there is to one's own, earned property.

 

Republican motto - you want it, earn it.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
98
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
110
Views

Re: U.S. Billionaires worry about the future of Capitalism

110 Views
Message 7 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You seem to be defining "ordinary people" as those who feel they are entitled to other people's property and want the government to get it for them.

 

No doubt there are such people but I do not consider them "ordinary" or even "normal".


And you seem to be arguing that  the wealth of America properly belongs to the currently wealthy and we should be grateful for the 10%  of the wealth they give to the other 90% of Americans. The motto of the America aristocracy is "What's ours is ours and what's yours is negotiable".


That is a very strange interpretation.


Well, let's see. The top 10% have 90% of the wealth.  They claim that any attempt to change that ratio is taking away "other people's property". So that must mean that they have a God given right to their 90% share. Just like Marie Antoinette thought.  The Republican motto?  "Let them eat cake". 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
110
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
118
Views

Re: U.S. Billionaires worry about the future of Capitalism

118 Views
Message 8 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You seem to be defining "ordinary people" as those who feel they are entitled to other people's property and want the government to get it for them.

 

No doubt there are such people but I do not consider them "ordinary" or even "normal".


And you seem to be arguing that  the wealth of America properly belongs to the currently wealthy and we should be grateful for the 10%  of the wealth they give to the other 90% of Americans. The motto of the America aristocracy is "What's ours is ours and what's yours is negotiable".


That is a very strange interpretation.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
118
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
124
Views

Re: U.S. Billionaires worry about the future of Capitalism

124 Views
Message 9 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You seem to be defining "ordinary people" as those who feel they are entitled to other people's property and want the government to get it for them.

 

No doubt there are such people but I do not consider them "ordinary" or even "normal".


And you seem to be arguing that  the wealth of America properly belongs to the currently wealthy and we should be grateful for the 10%  of the wealth they give to the other 90% of Americans. The motto of the America aristocracy is "What's ours is ours and what's yours is negotiable".


The poor don't give their money to the top 10% but the 10% are expected by the liberals to pay for the 90% in taxation! What's yours is yours, and what's mine is mine unless Democrats take over. Then what's mine is yours.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
124
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
131
Views

Re: U.S. Billionaires worry about the future of Capitalism

131 Views
Message 10 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

You seem to be defining "ordinary people" as those who feel they are entitled to other people's property and want the government to get it for them.

 

No doubt there are such people but I do not consider them "ordinary" or even "normal".


And you seem to be arguing that  the wealth of America properly belongs to the currently wealthy and we should be grateful for the 10%  of the wealth they give to the other 90% of Americans. The motto of the America aristocracy is "What's ours is ours and what's yours is negotiable".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
131
Views