Honored Social Butterfly

Twitter to Suspend Users Wishing for President Trump’s Death

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/twitter-suspend-users-wishing-trump-dead-1234791263/

Parts of the lonk...

Twitter said it will suspend users who openly use the platform to express hope that President Donald Trump dies from his ongoing battle with COVID-19.

Negative content recently flooded social media following Trump’s announcement early on Oct. 2 that he would be quarantining and seeking treatment after testing positive for the coronavirus. Recent hashtags that trended in the U.S. include “#TrumpHasCovid” and the more recent “#CovidCaughtTrump.”

Many users tweeted out “thoughts and prayers” for the President or celebrated “karma” — a term which also trended, given the recent comments Trump made mocking former Vice President Biden for always wearing a mask.

But others also used Twitter to express hope that the pandemic would result in the President’s death.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds tike many posters on this board.  

Honored Social Butterfly

So where are the posts at in this group hoping for the president's death? Hmmm ...... must have been a false claim.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Silver Conversationalist

After reading the entire thread I can say there is not a single mention of the president's death.

I thought there might be some talk about how a president's death so close to an election would affect the out come. But we didn't go there. Good for us.

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump insults people 7 days a week and his cult members never complain. In fact, they stand up and cheer when does that because they love it. 

However, when anyone criticizes or insults Trump, they can't handle it. This is a high level of hypocrisy and a blatant double standard on the part of Trump Lovers.

Honored Social Butterfly

In Trump World, they stand up and cheer every time the nastiest man to ever be President insults individuals, groups, or very often, ethnic groups. His cult members love that attribute of him. 

But when anyone criticizes or insults their Supreme Leader, it's totally unacceptable. Do you think they realize the hypocrisy and double standards they are demonstrating? It doesn't appear that way to me.

And talking about death, we're at approximately 209,000 U.S. Covid-19 deaths and Trump's done nothing to stop the spread of the disease. That's far more dangerous than some wishes on Twitter.

Honored Social Butterfly

I think it is well past time for Twitter and Facebook to accept responsibility to delete "wishes" like this.  They need to start policing their platforms to check facts and stop hate speech. 

Social Butterfly

Richva wrote:

I think it is well past time for Twitter and Facebook to accept responsibility to delete "wishes" like this.  They need to start policing their platforms to check facts and stop hate speech. 

sunluvngal:

I agree and youtube as well.  As long as it isn't one sided by social media, like it has been until now. There is such a thing as over reaching...and they've done it to a fault.

Wishes and statements made on social media have resulted in dangerous actions by individuals...

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:
Richva wrote:

sunluvngal:

I agree and youtube as well.  As long as it isn't one sided by social media, like it has been until now. There is such a thing as over reaching...and they've done it to a fault.

Wishes and statements made on social media have resulted in dangerous actions by individuals...

Agreed.  Comments praising Trump's death. Comments supporting white supremacists, comments warning of (almost nonexistent)  vote by mail fraud, comments pushing untested cures like hydroxychloroquine. All should be banned. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Twitter to Suspend Users Wishing for President Trump’s Death

===========================================

sunluvngal posted...

I have always believed that everything happens for a reason...for me, i'm finding out to what degree some people in these forums can be so disgusting and inhumane. Nobody i would want to call friend. Some need to take a good long hard look in that mirror..

================================================================

"Some need to take a good long hard look in that mirror"

The problem is that many do not think for themselves. They are brain washed by were they get their hate Trump form the left wing news.
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

"Some need to take a good long hard look in that mirror"

The problem is that many do not think for themselves.  An interesting thesis.  The problem for trump and his supporters is that trumps detractors DO think for themselves and don't buy his bovine excrement at all. They are brain washed by were (sic) they get their hate Trump form (sic) the left wing news. Acrually, they actually read and reference leaning left to leading right sources for information vs. those reading and posting far-right extremist sources.  I laugh at those:

right051 (3).png

AND....

extremeright021.png

Calling and referring to:

leastbiased011.png

As "Left-wing"....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Considering it has been the regressives here who have advocated putting children in cages and infecting large numbers of people at Trump's rallies, I think we know who is capable of calling for the death of an opponent and it is not the left or the center here. 

Social Butterfly

Richva wrote:

Considering it has been the regressives here who have advocated putting children in cages and infecting large numbers of people at Trump's rallies, I think we know who is capable of calling for the death of an opponent and it is not the left or the center here. 

sunluvngal:

Wrong on ALL counts.  I have always believed that everything happens for a reason...for me, i'm finding out to what degree some people in these forums can be so disgusting and inhumane. Nobody i would want to call friend. Some need to take a good long hard look in that mirror...

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:
Richva wrote:

sunluvngal:

Wrong on ALL counts.  I have always believed that everything happens for a reason...for me, i'm finding out to what degree some people in these forums can be so disgusting and inhumane. Nobody i would want to call friend. Some need to take a good long hard look in that mirror...

I agree, everything happens for a reason.  You get infected when you don't keep your distance, when you don't wear a mask, when you get up in other people's space and vice versus, when you gather hundreds of people and encourage them to bunch up together (and don't cover your face, it doesn't look good for the camera).  Easy peasy.  That's the reason why IMPOOPUS is sitting in Walter Reed right now.

I religiously social distance and wear a mask in public, so I guess you can just call me disgusting and inhumane, since I don't follow the sick guy's example. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretchwrote IP

I agree, everything happens for a reason. You get infected when you don't keep your distance, when you don't wear a mask, when you get up in other people's space and vice versus, when you gather hundreds of people and encourage them to bunch up together (and don't cover your face, it doesn't look good for the camera). Easy peasy. That's the reason why IMPOOPUS is sitting in Walter Reed right now.

I religiously social distance and wear a mask in public, so I guess you can just call me disgusting and inhumane, since I don't follow the sick guy's example.

Excellent observations! Seems there's truth in Churchill's comment about there being a Divine Providence that protects children, fools and the United States - looks like this time it favored the USA over the childish fool.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:
Richva wrote:

sunluvngal:

I agree, everything happens for a reason.  You get infected when you don't keep your distance, when you don't wear a mask, when you get up in other people's space and vice versus, when you gather hundreds of people and encourage them to bunch up together (and don't cover your face, it doesn't look good for the camera).  Easy peasy.  That's the reason why IMPOOPUS is sitting in Walter Reed right now.

Exactly, Ms. Stretch.  You articulated the thoughts of many quite effectively.  Some just don't like the reasons that "everything happens", especially when their behavior "is the reason".

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

Some need to take a good long hard look in that mirror...

Yep, I have seen many postings from the right defending trump for horrible actions that say exactly that !

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

I pray for full recuperation. It would not be fair if he passes. and he simply takes the easy way out. so  I do wish speedy and healthy recuperation.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

I pray for full recuperation. It would not be fair if he passes. and he simply takes the easy way out. so  I do wish speedy and healthy recuperation.

Good point, Roxanne.  There is a cell block waiting with his name on it!

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/twitter-suspend-users-wishing-trump-dead-1234791263/

Parts of the lonk (sic)...

Twitter said it will suspend users who openly use the platform to express hope that President Donald Trump dies from his ongoing battle with COVID-19.

Negative content recently flooded social media following Trump’s announcement early on Oct. 2 that he would be quarantining and seeking treatment after testing positive for the coronavirus. Recent hashtags that trended in the U.S. include “#TrumpHasCovid” and the more recent “#CovidCaughtTrump.”

Many users tweeted out “thoughts and prayers” for the President or celebrated “karma” — a term which also trended, given the recent comments Trump made mocking former Vice President Biden for always wearing a mask.

But others also used Twitter to express hope that the pandemic would result in the President’s death.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds tike many posters on this board.  SHOCKING!  Who would want harm to come to a clearly racist individual that wants to destroy a country's democratic values?  One who protected the Saudi prince for cutting up a US citizens body after killing them, so they could smuggle his body out undected?  Human Scum comes to mind....

From the article in your link, but curiously not posted "Twitter told Motherboard that action won’t be taken against every post wishing death.  “We’re prioritizing the removal of content when it has a clear call to action that could potentially cause real-world harm,” a Twitter representative said.  Gee, that makes sense and far more than what was portrayed in the post.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Sounds tike many posters on this board.  That's just rude.

My thoughts and prayers, no matter the conversation, always end the same.  Thy Will be done.  Regarding rumpled's health, I really don't care.  Not my call.  I do trust he is being kept quiet and comfortable.  Eating jello, being a good patient.

He has enjoyed photo ops in hospitals with those in the beds there.  Now would be a great time to get a quick snap of him with a goofy grin and if he's up to it, even a wave.  Sounds good to me.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Sounds tike many posters on this board. T

oceanedge2 posted.. That's just rude

NO! What is rude is what move posters have said about our President.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png