Have questions about your Social Security benefits? The AARP Social Security Resource Center can help.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trumps New Acting Attorney General - Scam Artist

Message 1 of 47

@ArturoV251608 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Trumps is a White Nationalist & Proud of It

Same old nonsense.  Trump is a nationalist which has nothing to do with being a white nationalist and there is no evidence that he is anything else. It's just one more example of the lies liberals tell to divide the country and try to hide the good things Trump is doing.  America First means all Americans.  For example, it means jobs for ALL Americans by improving the economy as Trump did instead of sending jobs out of the country like the Demnocrats did.

Improving the Economy since January 2017 - has meant - transferring more & more money from Working Middle Class Americans to the CEO'S & Senior Management of Corporations & Corporate Shareholders - all purposefully designed to make the Dow Jones Average & meaningless Government Statistics look good

It's also meant the US Government borrowing more billions from the Chinese who are building Military Bases in the South China Seas - two things my Grand Sons & Daughters are going to be dealing with

I'm a real person not a Statistic - I'm also a American Tax Payer & Consumer

I got diddly from this 1.5 Trillion Tax Cut

I know the Tax Break for the Middle Class Sunsets in a year

I know the Federal Minimum Wage is still $7.25 and has been for decades

If the Government really cared about workers it would change the Minimum Wage to $15 at least - booming economy is a charade

Everytime I go to Walmart I'm paying more - that's great for Walmart & Government Statistics but it's bad for me

I live right on the Atlantic Ocean - today I went to the Fish Market & a pound of Haddock cost $15 - in 2016 it was & $8 a pound - great for Goverment Statistics but its creating a situation where my wife & I can only afford Canned Tuna if we want to eat fish

So You Can Call Me Names - Try to put me in whatever category you want - but I know what I'm earning & what I'm paying & I'm way worse off in every way today then I was 2 years ago!

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 47

@williamb39198 wrote:

@ChasKy53

If the right is so concerned about the constitution, do they support free speech and the right for all citizens to vote. 

And once again states rights did not work well for slavery or civil rights. We are the “United States”. 

I would also hope that they can lose their weak argument that liberals, moderates, and true conservatives (not trump conservatives) want all of the terrible things to happen to our country. So untrue and just more red meat for the base. 

What are all those "terrible things" that I, as a supporter of the properly elected President, want to happen??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 47

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes, "nationalist" as opposed to an "internationalist". Do you find fault with that?

It is so hypocritical that right wingers in the past cried and howled at the moon about the Dems wanting a "strong Central Government"  and that "the Constitution is against that and provides for state's rights".  Now that trump has stated that he is a Nationalist, suddenly having a nationalist state is a good thing. The hypocrisy of the right (especially trump supporters) is astounding.

You are (intentionally I hope) conflating two separate issues to make an "unmakeable" point.

The relationship between the government and the governed is in no way related to the relationship between one nation and another.

As to "moon howling" - no, that was the Dem crybabies over the 2016 elections.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 47

@afisher wrote:

Apparently, the RW really likes scam artists.    That is measured by the number of keystrokes that  they are using to defend him and his actions.     

Oh but wait, not only is he implicated in running a SCAM, that is under investigation by the FBI, he is on the mammary of the Right Dark Money think tanks.      The hypocrisy of the Conservative party is on full display.   

Whitaker  was the Executive Director for FACT   -    

Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust (FACT), which describes itself as “a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting accountability, ethics, and transparency in government and civic arenas.”

FACT has come under fire for its own lack of transparency, with the Center for Responsive Politics calling attention to FACT’s funding, which in some years came entirely from DonorsTrust, an organization also known as the “Dark Money ATM of the Conservative Movement” 

FACT has received $$$ from Donors Trust for the past 3 years, coincidental to his tenure?   in the amount of 600K - 2014, 500K - 2015, 800k - 2016,   So yes, he has been a well paid lackey for the RW for a number of years while attempting to run his own scams.   

RWers will need to put their heads back in the sand to ignore Whitakers recent history.   

Apparently the RWers can appreciate FACTS or who is the lawyer of the group...they seem to miss the irony that a group that is supposedly designed to be transparent receives a large part of their funding ( of which the appointee was the lawyer )  hides its funders identity.  

Apparently that is the type of transparency that the GOP like in DC - non-existent.    Oh my.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 47

@ChasKy53

If the right is so concerned about the constitution, do they support free speech and the right for all citizens to vote. 

And once again states rights did not work well for slavery or civil rights. We are the “United States”. 

I would also hope that they can lose their weak argument that liberals, moderates, and true conservatives (not trump conservatives) want all of the terrible things to happen to our country. So untrue and just more red meat for the base. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 47

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes, "nationalist" as opposed to an "internationalist". Do you find fault with that?

It is so hypocritical that right wingers in the past cried and howled at the moon about the Dems wanting a "strong Central Government"  and that "the Constitution is against that and provides for state's rights".  Now that trump has stated that he is a Nationalist, suddenly having a nationalist state is a good thing. The hypocrisy of the right (especially trump supporters) is astounding.

First you need to understand there is no connection between Trump or anyone else being a nationalist and the size of the federal government.  A nationalist believes in putting their country first regardless of the size of the government as opposed liberals who appear to prefer the country fails.

Second, we are a union of states with an umbrella federal government and the Constitution defines exactly how little that federal government is suppose to do.  The Constitution IS the law of the land and what conservatives argue is that the law should be followed as opposed to liberals who want to make it up as they go as long as it coincides with their current desires.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 47

@rk9152 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 47

@mickstuder wrote:

"Patriotism is the exact opposite of nationalism,"

Can you explain what you mean by that M. Macron?? Since there was a coma in the quote, I assume you had more to say.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 47

@mickstuder wrote:

Same old nonsense.  Trump is a nationalist which has nothing to do with being a white nationalist and there is no evidence that he is anything else. It's just one more example of the lies liberals tell to divide the country and try to hide the good things Trump is doing.  America First means all Americans.  For example, it means jobs for ALL Americans by improving the economy as Trump did instead of sending jobs out of the country like the Demnocrats did.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 47

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes, a nationalist vs an internationalist - me too. Does that make me a fascist. I am proud of the country that our Founding Fathers created. Does that make me a fascist.

The right here cried about having state's rights and a small federal government when Obama was in office. Now they praise 'nationalism'? Now they say it is what "our Founding Fathers created"? Aggressive 'Nationalism' is part of fascism, so your statement indicates that you support that.

Skip the diversion about what you think "the right here cried...". Look at the post you are responding to and tell me - does that make me a racist?

I said nothing about racism or "racist", funny that you would.

Right you are - does that make me a "fascist"?

Protecting the national borders is the job of any government. There is nothing fascist about that.  "Militarism" was displayed when trump decided to sent 15,000 armed troops to the border instructing that rocks being thrown would be treated like firearms being used. "Militarism" is part of Fascism. Yep, it seems as though you support that.

No, that is "self-defense". Is "self-defense" an element of fascism in your definition?

15,000 armed soldiers in "self defense" of rocks possibly being thrown by mostly women and children who are still almost 900 miles away. Paleeeze !!! Deploying 15,000 armed soldiers is militarism, and also a political stunt when done weeks and weeks in advance just one week prior to an election.

As you well know, the troops are there to assist in the creation of barriers and pffering support to the law enforcement officials. That is not militarism.

And seeing the pictures of the "caravan" and saying "mostly women and children" does, in fact, speak volumes. Yep, it "speaks volumes" of the truth, the caravan is comprised of mostly women and children.

Not the pictures I've seen. And please, don't play the silly "Fox" game.

Then you haven't been looking at many pictures. You seem obsessed with FOX, you keep mentioning them.

Do you seriously want to stick to your "mostly women and children" story???

And BTW, control of the economy by the government is the economic model of fascism - and the left.  "Control of the economy" was not mentioned in the dictionary's definition of Fascism that I quoted. Neither was "the left".  There ya' go making stuff up again.

Then you are using an incomplete definition.

It's the definition in a Webster's dictionary, take your complaint to them, I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

Oh, thank you for the link to Webster's definition of fascism, it supports and validates just what I said. And ........... there is no reference to "control of the economy by the government"  as the  "economic model of Fascism", as you said.

Trump is an admitted Nationalist and is dictatorial in his method of trying to lead.

"severe economic and social regimentation" - glad I could help.

I Do

As The Man Said

"Patriotism is the exact opposite of nationalism,"

All this other nonsense is just a Diversion

Trump as usual did not explain precisely what he meant - offered no Caveats - Stipulations Limitations

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views