You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trumps Infrastructure Promise From 2 Years Ago

Message 1 of 8

Let's go to the Politifact Trump-O-Meter:

Invest $550 billion in infrastructure and create an infrastructure fund - STALLED
The Promise: "The Trump Administration seeks to invest $550 billion to ensure we can export our goods and move our people faster and safer."

Update: Political uncertainty envelops Trump’s vow to revamp U.S. infrastructure

From the NPR Progress Report: President Trump's Campaign Promises, 2 Years Later:

Promote $1 trillion infrastructure investment -  NO ACTION

I think we see a pattern emerging here, but in all fairness and for the sake of bipartisanship, let's go to Fox News:

INFRASTRUCTURE

Trump pledged a $1 trillion effort to rebuild the country's airports, roads, bridges and other infrastructure. As with his tax plan, it's shaping up to be less ambitious than promised, though it still might be significant. Placed behind the failed effort to repeal the health law and the successful one to cut taxes, infrastructure may or may not emerge as a proposal in coming weeks. Trump's idea appears to involve using federal tax dollars to leverage state government and private spending, not to mount a New Deal-era explosion of federal projects.

And there you have it, folks.  The consensus is that the infrastructure promise is pretty much dead in the swamp.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

lil donny's massive infrastructure program has been delayed due to a lack of Contractors who can be relied on to not pay their workers, thus keeping all the money in the top 1%. To move before such contractors can be found would be a total fail in tRump's promise to his significant base to accelerate the redistribution of income and wealth from the middle to the very top.

Further delay is being caused because donny's top people have been reassigned to the task of killing Obamacare and depriving 34Million non-rich Americans of their health insurance while removing those nasty impediments to profit maximization that President Obama had installed - things like limiting allowable overhead and mandating coverage for those with pre-existing conditions.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@JANMB wrote:

Can't resist.     For   all of us who deserve better,  this is getting old.      

FIRST YOU SAY YOU WILL, THEN YOU DON'T
You make me promises that you don't keep
Tears are expensive,   words are cheap
You tell me one thing, then do something else
And even though I know that all too well
I keep forgiving
I keep forgetting
I keep expecting you to change
You say you will
You say you will
You say you will
But you never do

Trisha Yearwood - You Say You Will Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Didn't she write this song as a message to Garth Brooks to divorce his then wife Sandy Mahl & marry her?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8
Promises broken!!!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

Can't resist.     For   all of us who deserve better,  this is getting old.      

FIRST YOU SAY YOU WILL, THEN YOU DON'T
You make me promises that you don't keep
Tears are expensive,   words are cheap
You tell me one thing, then do something else
And even though I know that all too well
I keep forgiving
I keep forgetting
I keep expecting you to change
You say you will
You say you will
You say you will
But you never do

Trisha Yearwood - You Say You Will Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

They said the bridge was last inspected in July 2018. What exactly does an inspected entail?  Seems to me an engineer should know if a structure was that close to failure.  Scary.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

: Trumps Infrastructure Promise From 2 Years Ago

Trump is a bad President and a terrible person.

It took me a long time, but I finally figured out that I'm not special.  When I watch someone lie to other people and cheat them, they'll lie to me and cheat me too. I doesn't matter what the relationship is. 

I'm not special

When it comes to Trump the American People aren't special, no one is.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trumps Infrastructure Promise From 2 Years Ago

Message 8 of 8

Trump infrastructure.png

Concrete bridge railing collapses onto Tennessee interstate, injuring one person

Source - https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/01/us/chattanooga-bridge-collapse/index.html

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies