Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trumpocracy -- David Frum's New Book

Message 1 of 93

@DennisLintzwrote:

It Can’t Happen Here” is a classic novel written by Author, Sinclair Lewis: ISBN#: 045121658X

♦♦♦ A charismatic and power-hungry politician, is elected President of the United States on a populist platform, promising to restore the country to prosperity and greatness, and, more importantly, promising each citizen $5,000 a year (approximately $79,270, adjusted for inflation). Once in power, however, he becomes a dictator; he outlaws political dissent, puts his political enemies in concentration camps, and creates a paramilitary force who terrorize the citizens on a Law and Order platform in the idealism of a delusional corrupt jingoistic  spirit. One of his first actions as President is to make changes to the Constitution which give him sole power over the country, rendering Congress obsolete. This is met by protest from the congress as well as outraged citizens, but he declares a state of martial law and throws the protesters in jail. As democracy is dismantled, most Americans either support him and his Corpo Regime wholeheartedly and keep reassuring themselves that fascism “can’t happen here” in America,…

Ironic you would mention that, given Trump's recently expressed admiration regarding a presidency for life. Let's hope life doesn't imitate art.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As an aside, I saw 3 Billboards - great, thanks for the recommendation. I enjoyed it thoroughly but did not see it connected to any discussions here.

Glad you enjoyed it. I was sure you would. It tells the story of the far right and that how it is connected to here. The far right would not pick that up as we are told by the experts one of their traits is not being educated.

The far tight????

Yeah, I know. Those experts who post with all the intelligence of "BAM!!", "moron", "Trump sucks", etc. seem to have an elitist view that anyone who cannot accept their blind hatred are merely ignorant country bumpkins, Nazis, fascist, alt-right, and so on.

But, since you are not one of those ignorant elitists, possibly you can explain what was far right about 3 Billboards.

You said good-bye to me, and now you are posting to me. What is going on?

That is on a topic by topic basis. Occasionally you have something to say indicating some value in interaction. But, sadly, it generally deteriorates to "you're out of time" or the "answer the question" game.

So, as long as your posts stay adult, I probably do not agree with you but enjoy the interaction. However, once the childishness begins.........

You never said it was topic by topic. Why?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 93

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As an aside, I saw 3 Billboards - great, thanks for the recommendation. I enjoyed it thoroughly but did not see it connected to any discussions here.

Glad you enjoyed it. I was sure you would. It tells the story of the far right and that how it is connected to here. The far right would not pick that up as we are told by the experts one of their traits is not being educated.

The far tight????

Yeah, I know. Those experts who post with all the intelligence of "BAM!!", "moron", "Trump sucks", etc. seem to have an elitist view that anyone who cannot accept their blind hatred are merely ignorant country bumpkins, Nazis, fascist, alt-right, and so on.

But, since you are not one of those ignorant elitists, possibly you can explain what was far right about 3 Billboards.

That is on a topic by topic basis. Occasionally you have something to say indicating some value in interaction. But, sadly, it generally deteriorates to "you're out of time" or the "answer the question" game.

So, as long as your posts stay adult, I probably do not agree with you but enjoy the interaction. However, once the childishness begins.........

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The far tight????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 93

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The far tight????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 93

@CriticalThinking wrote:

John, why do you do that? You quoted endless blank lines of nothing which takes up almost an entire web page. That doesn't make sense to anyone. May I suggest that you quote 3-5 lines from someone else and then write your response? That would make it so much easier to ascertain who said what.

Thank You

It makes far right posters feel better, and they can not get confused. Since the subject being commented on it a totally irrelevant subject might as well fill up with a lot of empty space to fit into an empty mind. I know that is hard for we thinking people to understand.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trumpocracy -- David Frum's New Book

Message 7 of 93

John, why do you do that? You quoted endless blank lines of nothing which takes up almost an entire web page. That doesn't make sense to anyone. May I suggest that you quote 3-5 lines from someone else and then write your response? That would make it so much easier to ascertain who said what.

Thank You

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Lets go by the numbers.

1. The press has been taken over by no one and that is fact. It is Trump who is trying to take it over by every means he can. He lies, He created his own controlled Media which we find out is owned by a person whos ex wife is a spy from China. To do this he wants to change the libel laws, he lies every day to do it, put out false stories which are proved wrong every day except on his created media outlet.

2. No national investigate agency has been used in a corrupt way todate. Trump has tried to use the press in a corrupt way for years now. He has had his followers make death threats toward members of the press.

3. Yes we should clean out the corruption, and lets do that in Nov. by not voting for anyone with an R behind their name.

So you stand behind Trump. Fine. We now know what you stand for.

1. Are you of the mind that only Fox, Beitbart, etc. are biased? That seems to be the thinking from the cult of hate here.

2. Strzok, etal. The use of a DNC paid for hit-piece as a vehicle to spy on Americans for political purposes.

3. Yes, we will have another election and the people are going to have to decide if they like the booming economy and the clarity as to who the President works for, us or the international community and whether or not they consider border security important. We shall see if the American people want to resume the "long march" or prefer our Constitutional government. Who knows, we may again have howling at the moon and pussyhat marches (maybe joined by the antifa street thugs this time).

1. Yes both are and so are the other right wing news media. They are controlled by the same group who are destroying the US. All thinking people know this.

2. Not true. Payment started from Reb., and it makes no difference who paid for it as it was true. We know our Intel had the same info and that is why they were so interested in it. Fact.

3. Trump had nothing to do with the economy as there is at least 12 month lag between times something is done and when it shows up. The Fed can have an immediate effect on it in some ways. It is a world economy.  so all the other countries have some effect on it to.

4. Yes  we have a President who works for us. We were the most respected country in the world. Germany now is. Russia along with Turkey have taken over  calling the shots in Syria. Iran defeated ISUS in Iraq as we moved to second place an helped. China used their spy in Trump land to get the summit in Mar largo. Trump can not visit Great Britain because of fear of how he will be treated. Countries know hoe to use Trump by giving him a state visit with parades (China, Viet Naum, Saudi A, etc), North Korea and South Korea now talking with North Korea calling for the 2 countries to reunite, TPP members still doing the treaty with what looks like China joining, Mexico not paying for the wall. Yes Trump has done a lot, but it hurts us not helps us. All thinking people understand that.

1. If I understand you - those who agree with you are non-biased but those who do not are biased;

2. True - the dossier used was paid for the DNC and the Clinton campaign. And ...... Strzok?????

3. Not true. the tax cuts, the easing of restriction, a positive, pro-economy Administration makes all the difference in the world. Obama had us slowly muddling along - Trump has fired the booster rockets.

4. Syria was given to the Russians by Obama. Good? bad? otherwise? - separate subject. Nations are talking to each other and us. This is a good thing. 

1. Explain  what you mean by that.

2.It was paid for by both but who cares as it is true. Explain why you are so concerned with who paid for it.

3. The tax cuts are not paid for and become part of our total debt which we will have to pay for. 1.5 Trillion. 13 million loose health care, and a lot will go on ER Care which is paid by all of us through Local, State, Fed money so our taxes will go up to cover that. Corp. do get a tax cut, and the rich get one for 8 years. That means the rest of us will pay more to cover the increased cost incurred, but sadly the middle class on down will pay most of that as any savings they got will be eaten up right away. How did Obama have us muddling along when the recession started under a Reb., and ended under Obama. Please give me ll the details.

4. Please explain how Obama gave Syria to the Russians. When Obama was in office Turkey was our ally. They even shot down a Russian plane, and used their troops to support us. They carried out missions in Syria for us. Nation's have always been talking to us so explain what you mean by that. One thing different is Nations are now making fun of us. Why is that?

Now I have given you an answer and I look forwarded to you answering all of my questions as I have done with yours.

1) Too obvious to be considered a serious question;

2) The one used for the FISA warrant was bought by the Dems;

3) You said, "Trump had nothing to do with the economy". Would you care to reconsider your lengthy answer?

4) By a policy of "lead from behind". The Russian stepped into the void.

I gave you answers and you give none. Just a lot of nonsense. You have proved what I have said for years. Why will you not answer a question so there can be a discussion. When one will not take part in a good back and forth it is a total waste of time to try and post rationally to them.

I answered each of your questions except the silly one in which you pretended to not understand, "If I understand you - those who agree with you are non-biased but those who do not are biased". Yet that was obviously what your point about bias appeared to be.

You answered none of them as usual.  Answer my questions with some real thoughtful material.

Your questions were answered clearly and to the point. You may not agree with my positions - that's the essence of discussion - but please, not another "answer my question" game. What would you like to discuss about my positions?

Answer my questions.

If you want to continue to play your childish game, I'll say bye-bye for now.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

Is that "selective perception"?

Some may suspect that could be involved.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 93

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Lets go by the numbers.

1. The press has been taken over by no one and that is fact. It is Trump who is trying to take it over by every means he can. He lies, He created his own controlled Media which we find out is owned by a person whos ex wife is a spy from China. To do this he wants to change the libel laws, he lies every day to do it, put out false stories which are proved wrong every day except on his created media outlet.

2. No national investigate agency has been used in a corrupt way todate. Trump has tried to use the press in a corrupt way for years now. He has had his followers make death threats toward members of the press.

3. Yes we should clean out the corruption, and lets do that in Nov. by not voting for anyone with an R behind their name.

So you stand behind Trump. Fine. We now know what you stand for.

1. Are you of the mind that only Fox, Beitbart, etc. are biased? That seems to be the thinking from the cult of hate here.

2. Strzok, etal. The use of a DNC paid for hit-piece as a vehicle to spy on Americans for political purposes.

3. Yes, we will have another election and the people are going to have to decide if they like the booming economy and the clarity as to who the President works for, us or the international community and whether or not they consider border security important. We shall see if the American people want to resume the "long march" or prefer our Constitutional government. Who knows, we may again have howling at the moon and pussyhat marches (maybe joined by the antifa street thugs this time).

1. Yes both are and so are the other right wing news media. They are controlled by the same group who are destroying the US. All thinking people know this.

2. Not true. Payment started from Reb., and it makes no difference who paid for it as it was true. We know our Intel had the same info and that is why they were so interested in it. Fact.

3. Trump had nothing to do with the economy as there is at least 12 month lag between times something is done and when it shows up. The Fed can have an immediate effect on it in some ways. It is a world economy.  so all the other countries have some effect on it to.

4. Yes  we have a President who works for us. We were the most respected country in the world. Germany now is. Russia along with Turkey have taken over  calling the shots in Syria. Iran defeated ISUS in Iraq as we moved to second place an helped. China used their spy in Trump land to get the summit in Mar largo. Trump can not visit Great Britain because of fear of how he will be treated. Countries know hoe to use Trump by giving him a state visit with parades (China, Viet Naum, Saudi A, etc), North Korea and South Korea now talking with North Korea calling for the 2 countries to reunite, TPP members still doing the treaty with what looks like China joining, Mexico not paying for the wall. Yes Trump has done a lot, but it hurts us not helps us. All thinking people understand that.

1. If I understand you - those who agree with you are non-biased but those who do not are biased;

2. True - the dossier used was paid for the DNC and the Clinton campaign. And ...... Strzok?????

3. Not true. the tax cuts, the easing of restriction, a positive, pro-economy Administration makes all the difference in the world. Obama had us slowly muddling along - Trump has fired the booster rockets.

4. Syria was given to the Russians by Obama. Good? bad? otherwise? - separate subject. Nations are talking to each other and us. This is a good thing. 

1. Explain  what you mean by that.

2.It was paid for by both but who cares as it is true. Explain why you are so concerned with who paid for it.

3. The tax cuts are not paid for and become part of our total debt which we will have to pay for. 1.5 Trillion. 13 million loose health care, and a lot will go on ER Care which is paid by all of us through Local, State, Fed money so our taxes will go up to cover that. Corp. do get a tax cut, and the rich get one for 8 years. That means the rest of us will pay more to cover the increased cost incurred, but sadly the middle class on down will pay most of that as any savings they got will be eaten up right away. How did Obama have us muddling along when the recession started under a Reb., and ended under Obama. Please give me ll the details.

4. Please explain how Obama gave Syria to the Russians. When Obama was in office Turkey was our ally. They even shot down a Russian plane, and used their troops to support us. They carried out missions in Syria for us. Nation's have always been talking to us so explain what you mean by that. One thing different is Nations are now making fun of us. Why is that?

Now I have given you an answer and I look forwarded to you answering all of my questions as I have done with yours.

1) Too obvious to be considered a serious question;

2) The one used for the FISA warrant was bought by the Dems;

3) You said, "Trump had nothing to do with the economy". Would you care to reconsider your lengthy answer?

4) By a policy of "lead from behind". The Russian stepped into the void.

I gave you answers and you give none. Just a lot of nonsense. You have proved what I have said for years. Why will you not answer a question so there can be a discussion. When one will not take part in a good back and forth it is a total waste of time to try and post rationally to them.

I answered each of your questions except the silly one in which you pretended to not understand, "If I understand you - those who agree with you are non-biased but those who do not are biased". Yet that was obviously what your point about bias appeared to be.

You answered none of them as usual.  Answer my questions with some real thoughtful material.

Your questions were answered clearly and to the point. You may not agree with my positions - that's the essence of discussion - but please, not another "answer my question" game. What would you like to discuss about my positions?

Answer my questions.

If you want to continue to play your childish game, I'll say bye-bye for now.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors