AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trumpocracy -- David Frum's New Book

Message 81 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

The world has ended because I agree with David Frum.   But if this past year has proven anything, it's that the Republican party does not care about American values.  They only care that they win. 

And I don't understand why true conservatives aren't fighting this from within.

"I’m horrified, but I’m not shocked. The Republican Party has a platform that can’t prevail in democratic competition. This is one of the big themes of this book, and why I think this situation is so dangerous. When highly committed parties strongly believe [in] things that they cannot achieve democratically, they don’t give up on their beliefs — they give up on democracy."

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/18/16880524/donald-trump-democracy-republicans-trumpocracy

In short what the book is telling us is that we are on the path Germany was on in the 1930, and if we do not end that path now Trump will be our Hitler. This is a Reb. who wrote the book so you see as I have put it all thinking people are  starting to see that now. Wake up people.

Ah yes, the "Nazi" meme. When all logic fails drag out it or KKK or fascist, or racist, or alt-right.

There are to realities that must be accepted - President Trump is not a career pol such as we are used to therefore things are going to be quite different.

As to American values, you also have to accept that he has stopped the "long march" of the neoMarxists. I understand that to some, Marxism does represent the ideal - it just isn't our traditional governmental form.

The author is or was an educated Reb leader., and knows what Trump is doing to the Party. You better talk to him. Trump is a career sleaze bag, and by what the author of the book tells us so are his followers. Tell us in detail about the Neo Marxism in the US. Even Trump has not told us about that.

Did Frum call the President and his supporters Nazis or was that your creative addition?

Answer my question on Neo Marxism. Here is a request to all. If questions are not answered when you or I ask them dont let the subject be changed. Take a stand.

The definition, history, and relationship of neoMarxism to the the Progressive Movement has been well dealt with. We can do it again if you'd like to participate.

Now, again, did Frum call the President a Nazi?

with what,  your lecture series on neomarxism? You make a YUUUUGE mistake in your presentation of neomaxism. And that PARTICULAR mistake is why you dont get discussion. If you cant realiz your mistake, you dont know how to deal with the subject, and make eroneous statements. sorry dude.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 93

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

We are on the question of Neo Marxism. Tell us about it.

"We" had three separate topics exploring the origins, progress, and relationship to the Progressive Movement but "us" chose to opt out of serious discussion. If you want, start another one and lets see if "us" or "we" opt in.

Now, back to the topic - did Frum call the President a Nazi?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

The world has ended because I agree with David Frum.   But if this past year has proven anything, it's that the Republican party does not care about American values.  They only care that they win. 

"I’m horrified, but I’m not shocked. The Republican Party has a platform that can’t prevail in democratic competition. This is one of the big themes of this book, and why I think this situation is so dangerous. When highly committed parties strongly believe [in] things that they cannot achieve democratically, they don’t give up on their beliefs — they give up on democracy."

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/18/16880524/donald-trump-democracy-republicans-trumpocracy

In short what the book is telling us is that we are on the path Germany was on in the 1930, and if we do not end that path now Trump will be our Hitler. This is a Reb. who wrote the book so you see as I have put it all thinking people are  starting to see that now. Wake up people.

Ah yes, the "Nazi" meme. When all logic fails drag out it or KKK or fascist, or racist, or alt-right.

There are to realities that must be accepted - President Trump is not a career pol such as we are used to therefore things are going to be quite different.

As to American values, you also have to accept that he has stopped the "long march" of the neoMarxists. I understand that to some, Marxism does represent the ideal - it just isn't our traditional governmental form.

The author is or was an educated Reb leader., and knows what Trump is doing to the Party. You better talk to him. Trump is a career sleaze bag, and by what the author of the book tells us so are his followers. Tell us in detail about the Neo Marxism in the US. Even Trump has not told us about that.

Did Frum call the President and his supporters Nazis or was that your creative addition?

Answer my question on Neo Marxism. Here is a request to all. If questions are not answered when you or I ask them dont let the subject be changed. Take a stand.

The definition, history, and relationship of neoMarxism to the the Progressive Movement has been well dealt with. We can do it again if you'd like to participate.

We are on the question of Neo Marxism. Tell us about it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 93

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 93

@afisher wrote:

So now, the ignobles have devoled to such a state that they will deny history.   Well that or they really are that stupid.   

The denial of these people is quite amazing.   I dobut that they ever read a book.    I'm still reading Josh Green ( Bloomberg) book on Bannon.     The ignobles should appreciate some of the information in that book - if they a) can make it to a local library or b) borrow from a bff or c) travel ot a bookstore in the real or on-line store .  

As reported today, the payment to Paul Ryan from Koch to pass the Tax Bill:   $500K.    That is what the ignobles don't seem to mind - Oligarchs not elected by anyone, but wealthy enough to buy the Federal Government.    But deny any thing related to German history.   Oh my.

I gotta tell ya, this "ignoble" (aka "deplorable") has "devoled" to the point he "debots" that Frum's book calls him stupid nor calls him a Nazi. He also wonders about "As reported today" - he wonders if you are referring to that news giant "the maven".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 93

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 93

So now, the ignobles have devoled to such a state that they will deny history.   Well that or they really are that stupid.   

The denial of these people is quite amazing.   I dobut that they ever read a book.    I'm still reading Josh Green ( Bloomberg) book on Bannon.     The ignobles should appreciate some of the information in that book - if they a) can make it to a local library or b) borrow from a bff or c) travel ot a bookstore in the real or on-line store .  

As reported today, the payment to Paul Ryan from Koch to pass the Tax Bill:   $500K.    That is what the ignobles don't seem to mind - Oligarchs not elected by anyone, but wealthy enough to buy the Federal Government.    But deny any thing related to German history.   Oh my.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

Hey - a change - no inane rhetorical questions - just meaningless conservative twaddle deriving from the failed past - where Goldwater and Romney abjectly failed, Nixon was forced to resign, Ford perfidiously pardoned the felon - Reagan showed the world what undiagnosed early Alzheimer looks like - and Dubya - after incompetently allowing 911 to occur - dishonestly lied us into two wars.

That conservative/republican slapstick political comedy is almost as good as the Keystone Cops...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors