Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump working to BAN "bumpstocks"

Message 11 of 43

rk9152 says " and you are jumping in with nothing to offer. Typical."

-------------------------------------

OMG look who's talking ?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 43

@Olderscout66wrote:

Saying he wants to ban bumpstocks and solving any problem are totally separate things. The bump stock device that allows semi-auto long guns to become full-auto is just one of many that are available to the dedicated psychopath, but none work if the gun is not already designed for semi-auto fire.

Nothing is going to impede the mass murderers EXCEPT elimination of semi-auto weapons that can fire more than 8 times before reloading. The only way to prevent a semi-auto weapon from firing at least 120 rounds per minute is to eliminate the way it cycles the next round - redirecting the escaping gas from the cartridge to operate the mechanism to eject the spent round and insert another cartridge. the the shooter has to do the work of pulling back the slide manually, and the rate of fire goes from 120rpm to 10-15. Blocking the passage for the gas to operate the slide makes bumbstocks and all the other "full-auto" modifications useless

If I understand you, you are now not opposed to bumpstocks because the President is. Rather shallow.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 43

Saying he wants to ban bumpstocks and solving any problem are totally separate things. The bump stock device that allows semi-auto long guns to become full-auto is just one of many that are available to the dedicated psychopath, but none work if the gun is not already designed for semi-auto fire.

Nothing is going to impede the mass murderers EXCEPT elimination of semi-auto weapons that can fire more than 8 times before reloading. The only way to prevent a semi-auto weapon from firing at least 120 rounds per minute is to eliminate the way it cycles the next round - redirecting the escaping gas from the cartridge to operate the mechanism to eject the spent round and insert another cartridge. the the shooter has to do the work of pulling back the slide manually, and the rate of fire goes from 120rpm to 10-15. Blocking the passage for the gas to operate the slide makes bumbstocks and all the other "full-auto" modifications useless

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 43

@rk9152wrote:

BTW - "gun control", we have gun control and have for a long, long time. It is the degree of control and balancing it with the rights of American citizens.

From the rhetoric here, the liberal idea of 'gun control' is to take away guns from everyone, regardless of what they are saying.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 43

@Richvawrote:

I see our little snowflake did another 360 on his committments to gun control. The man could not hold a steady position if someone held a lantern for him to follow. 

I don't know who your little snowflakes is but it doesn't matter he/she/it has no authority. Meanwhile our President and his Administration are

moving forward on bumpstocks (the topic).

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/us/politics/trump-atf-bump-stock-ban.html

BTW - "gun control", we have gun control and have for a long, long time. It is the degree of control and balancing it with the rights of American citizens.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 43

I see our little snowflake did another 360 on his committments to gun control. The man could not hold a steady position if someone held a lantern for him to follow. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 43

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

The President takes action to accomplish something most want and the response from the petty left - something about "phallic" and something about "dicator".

Sorta clarifies things, doesn't it.

The President took NO action after bump stocks were used to slaughter 58 concert-goers.  It took 17 more deaths before it was "time to talk about it".  "Sorta clarifies things, doesn't it"?

There was no bumpstock in FL. No one suggested there was.  then how did FL get into this? You are just spouting your usual negativity regarding the President.  You are just spouting your usual straw points to argue any possible thing you can.  Typical. and you are jumping in with nothing to offer. Typical.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 43

@mandm84wrote:

With all due respect Tex , are you the authority on firearm descriptions round here ? I will call it a Military Style Assault Rifle because it fits and I have been around firearms my whole adult life. They are Weapons of Mass Destruction - Good for nothing else !!!

I've been around firearms myself my being young; learning to shoot and handle guns around 1946; and familiarization annually in the military.  Live around avid deer hunters which includes relatives.  I would say that everyone has their own opinion.  You yours, me mine.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 43

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

The President takes action to accomplish something most want and the response from the petty left - something about "phallic" and something about "dicator".

The President took NO action after bump stocks were used to slaughter 58 concert-goers.  It took 17 more deaths before it was "time to talk about it".  "Sorta clarifies things, doesn't it"?

There was no bumpstock in FL. No one suggested there was.  You are just spouting your usual negativity regarding the President.  You are just spouting your usual straw points to argue any possible thing you can.  Typical.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 43

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

There was no bumpstock in FL. You are just spouting your usual negativity regarding the President.

Kudos
Views