Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump working to BAN "bumpstocks"

Message 1 of 43

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

McCarthy (spelled correctly) was a fringe rightwing republican nutcase

I am well aware of who McCarthy was, having been around during the time he was Senator and aware of his false war background.  Did you listen to the broadcast McCarthy-Army hearings?  I'm also are of his false charges against nationally known persons.

Yeah I was around then too...
My earliest memories about goings on in the world include Mao establishing a communist government, the UN first coming into existence - the Chinese opposition going to Formosa, and Truman's "fair deal" speech

Yes- I remember McCarthy's lies and depredations. 

I remember hearing the famous "have you no decency" response and remember hearing Edward Murrow repeat it.
I also remember hearing both dad and mom utter multiple profanities about McCarthy and obscene things about the relationship between McCarthy and Cohn - many of which I didn't understand thoroughly until about eight years later.

So - let's get back to the fact that the cowardly wussy-boi folded like a cheap umbrella and is now dancing to the tune that the NRA has frightened him into...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 43

@alferdpackerwrote:

Those words are yours - own them and explain them including proving their veracity with cites  to proved factual data.

I'm waiting to see if you will demonstrate capacity topolst links to proof that verifies your assertion...

I posted information regarding my post and of course you attempted a deflection by going on about McCarthy.  No need to reply to someone who can't reply

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 43

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

Of course another leftist liberal attempt to spread false information. 

Ok Alferd, perhaps you can set the record straight.  How did the shooting go about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting

I didn't say that - you posted those specific words in your post - words i never had any agreement with - I merely quoted what appeared to me to be a bogus allegation.

Those words are yours - own them and explain them including proving their veracity with cites  to proved factual data.

I'm waiting to see if you will demonstrate capacity topolst links to proof that verifies your assertion...

I thought that the standards you claim to live by precludes deliberate speaking/writing/posting falsehoods... 

Do we detect hipocrisy there?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 43

@alferdpackerwrote:

McCarthy (spelled correctly) was a fringe rightwing republican nutcase

I am well aware of who McCarthy was, having been around during the time he was Senator and aware of his false war background.  Did you listen to the broadcast McCarthy-Army hearings?  I'm also are of his false charges against nationally known persons.

So now show where my post was incorrect since your post had nothing to do with what I posted.  Was I wrong about Adam Lanza and about how he obtained firearms? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 43

@alferdpackerwrote:

Ok Alferd, perhaps you can set the record straight.  How did the shooting go about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 43

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@mandm84wrote:

OMG , I'm gonna start crying IF our gun owners ever have to survive without their Military Style Assault Rifles loaded with 50 Armor Piercing Rounds. Will they ever get through another day ?

REMEMBER SANDY HOOK !!!

You will recall that Sandy Hook was because of a crazy kid breaking into his mother's gun cabinet, killing her and then going on a rampage.  Another attempt at mccartyism style attempts to create mass hysteria by stretching false information. 

McCarthy (spelled correctly) was a fringe rightwing republican nutcase - in addition to being an alcoholic and a morphine addict - McCarthy was stupid enough to allow his homosexual lawyer Roy Cohn to talk him into unsuccessfully trying to bully the Army into promoting and transferring a man Cohn had the hots for - an act of fatuous stupidity that ultimately led to his censure, becoming a subject of rude and obscene political jokes, and resultant political demise.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 43

@mandm84wrote:

OMG , I'm gonna start crying IF our gun owners ever have to survive without their Military Style Assault Rifles loaded with 50 Armor Piercing Rounds. Will they ever get through another day ?

REMEMBER SANDY HOOK !!!

You will recall that Sandy Hook was because of a crazy kid breaking into his mother's gun cabinet, killing her and then going on a rampage.  Another attempt at mccartyism style attempts to create mass hysteria by stretching false information. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 43

REMEMBER SANDY HOOK !!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 43

@mandm84wrote:

-----------------------

Typical far right response that solves nothing copying the NRA's famous fear mongering " Obama wants to take all our guns ". Talk about extreme BS

The fear mongering is those on the left painting images of children and law enforcement killed with Armor Piercing rounds fired from semi-automatic rifles.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 43

Tex says "From the rhetoric here, the liberal idea of 'gun control' is to take away guns from everyone, regardless of what they are saying."

-----------------------

Typical far right response that solves nothing copying the NRA's famous fear mongering " Obama wants to take all our guns ". Talk about extreme BS

Kudos
Views