Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump will accept Kim Jong Un's invitation to meet

Message 1 of 106

South Korea can win a war with the North by itself.  The people are under nurished and many will turn on their own.  Trump can negotiate getting rid of the nukes in exchange for removing troops on the DMZ.  If he don't he is making the same mistake every president before him.  What are we surrendering?  Spending billions of dollars  when sooner or later Korea will unite.  We can't and won;t be there forever.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 106

@rk9152wrote:

@creppelrmwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

Pull American troops out of South Korea.  They are a economic and military powerhouse who doesn't need the U.S. babysitting.  If the North attacks and wins so be it.  North Viet Nam won and we are all buddies now.

That is a unique solution to the threats of NK - surrender.

Yep, trump should have required Jong-un to surrender to stop building nukes in order to get his meeting.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 106

@creppelrmwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

Pull American troops out of South Korea.  They are a economic and military powerhouse who doesn't need the U.S. babysitting.  If the North attacks and wins so be it.  North Viet Nam won and we are all buddies now.

That is a unique solution to the threats of NK - surrender.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 106

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

If he was "effective", he would have gotten a commitment from Kim Jung-un prior to meeting with him, a commitment to stop shooting rockets and pursuing his nuclear arms build-up.  Instead he has gotten nothing but a chance to say "I hope the media gives me credit for this".  What a buffoon.

You might want to post your credentials as an expert in dealing with foreign nations.

Perhaps you should because you seem so wise?  Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha

I am "wo wise"?? Thank you, I think.

Well, maybe I should take the 'wise' part back.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 106

@rk9152wrote:

@creppelrmwrote:

@nctarheelwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

For about 20 years American Presidents tried to bribe NK out of its nuclear/missile ambitions. It didn't work and only passed the problem on to the next guy. It appears another approach is called for and President Trump is taking it.

And what approach is that????

THE APPROACH OF A VILLAGE IDIOT??????

So far, Trump agreed to a meeting without consulting his foreign relations experts. He has failed to appoint an ambassador for South Korea, who would be, if there was one, a major contributor to the negotiations. He fired his Secretary of State weeks before this all important meeting. He will have a new Secretary of State that, for all intents and purposes, will be a newbie on the job. He is stoking the fire for a trade war with China, another major contributor in these talks.

In agreeing to this meeting, TRUMP has gotten nothing of substance, just talk. It is clear that Kim Jong Un is playing this idiot of a President like a fine violin. Un has barely publicized this meeting to HIS subjects in North Korea because he isn't serious.

What TRUMP can do wrong; he has done wrong.

I have no idea of what perspective you are looking at when you make positive statements about this meeting.

Maybe ROSE COLORED GLASSES???????

The only thing Trump is doing different than other Presidents is calling the N.K, leader names.  I  am sure that will help.  "I have a bigger red button than you" that made a big difference.  Sanctions have done nothing in the past and will do nothing under Trump.  As long a Russia continues to feed the North.

You too - what is your solution, "launch 'em"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 106

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

For about 20 years American Presidents tried to bribe NK out of its nuclear/missile ambitions. It didn't work and only passed the problem on to the next guy. It appears another approach is called for and President Trump is taking it.

Yes another approach is called for. When we got a President with mental problems South Korea took over and moved things forwarded. They talked to China who talked to Russia, and Russia gave Trump his orders to follow South Korea. We will have a meeting between the 2 Dictators and lets hope S. Korea views win out and some problems are solved. They can give Trump a parade to watch while they and the north hold the meeting. One expert told us Trump would really be on top of the world if 100,000 people were holding up cards to create his picture.

Quite a petty approach considering the seriousness of the matter.

Well since Trump has been talking to Russia and China "which I'm sure he didn't trust Rex to do so" everything will be fine.  And all of our allies are just fine knowing the revolving door at the White House is wfalling down and policy changes by the hour.  They understand better then we do what exactly is Turmp's plan for the Korea's.  Putin and JinPin are all on board and understand the importance of Trump wanting to denuclearize the North and are working overtime to do so.  Even if they don't trust South Korea as much and Trump doesn't trust the North.   I expect within the next 3 months a denuclearized Korean peninsula will be in place.   And if you believe that there is a bridge in San Francisco I can sell you cheap.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 106

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

Yes another approach is called for. When we got a President with mental problems South Korea took over and moved things forwarded. They talked to China who talked to Russia, and Russia gave Trump his orders to follow South Korea. We will have a meeting between the 2 Dictators and lets hope S. Korea views win out and some problems are solved. They can give Trump a parade to watch while they and the north hold the meeting. One expert told us Trump would really be on top of the world if 100,000 people were holding up cards to create his picture.

Quite a petty approach considering the seriousness of the matter.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 106

@creppelrmwrote:

@nctarheelwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

So far, Trump agreed to a meeting without consulting his foreign relations experts. He has failed to appoint an ambassador for South Korea, who would be, if there was one, a major contributor to the negotiations. He fired his Secretary of State weeks before this all important meeting. He will have a new Secretary of State that, for all intents and purposes, will be a newbie on the job. He is stoking the fire for a trade war with China, another major contributor in these talks.

In agreeing to this meeting, TRUMP has gotten nothing of substance, just talk. It is clear that Kim Jong Un is playing this idiot of a President like a fine violin. Un has barely publicized this meeting to HIS subjects in North Korea because he isn't serious.

I have no idea of what perspective you are looking at when you make positive statements about this meeting.

The only thing Trump is doing different than other Presidents is calling the N.K, leader names.  I  am sure that will help.  "I have a bigger red button than you" that made a big difference.  Sanctions have done nothing in the past and will do nothing under Trump.  As long a Russia continues to feed the North.

You too - what is your solution, "launch 'em"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 106

@Olderscout66wrote:

North Korea is a pariah not because they're Commies but because every one of their leaders has gleefully sacrificed the people to preserve the leader's power. Therefore sanctions do nothing but punish the people, and the leaders (and military) could care less, so forget about Der Trumper's candyaz brigado and sanctions having anything to do with Kim's offer to talk.

The one thing no NK leader has gotten was direct talks with POTUS, and Kim knew he could get this one to the table. My bet the deal will be NK gives up their nukes and missiles and the US pulls it's troops out of the South. Then Kim will launch a conventional attack and overrun South Korea before we can get Der Trumper off the golf course (or his latest hooker).

Having an idiot POTUS makes his supporters feel great having one of their own in the White House, but sadly his screwups impact all Americans and a whole lot of foreign countries as well.

And your solution is what - "launch 'em"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 106

@nctarheelwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

Appointing an Ambassador is not a factor to NK. Thinking such could be a trait of the VILLAGE IDIOT alluded to. 

Kudos
Views