Trump veterans see a presidency veering off the rails

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump veterans see a presidency veering off the rails

Message 1 of 6

If these Trump veterans are just seeing a presidency veering off the rails they must be very slow learners. Anyone actually paying attention should have seen that over two years ago.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

Usually when a Republican makes a boneheaded decission, the disasterous impact takes awhile to become obvious, like Reagan's taxscam and jrbush's never-ending Wars.

Donny Bonespurs set a record - his decission on pulling out of Syria was a DISASTER hours after he flapped his lips, and the scope of the disaster grows hourly. Some GOPers had hoped this would give them cover for not voting to Impeach and Remove the gutless/brainless twit - be able to tell the voters "see - I said really bad things about tRump when he caused the slaughter of our strongest ally and turned our bases along with the supplies over to the Russians while adding 10,000 fighters to ISIS. So I'm not just defending the indefensible when I vote to keep the smoking piece of offal as ToadPOTUS, I'm being NONPARTISAN 'cause those bad things I said about him and Syria.

Do not see that flying and while he won't lose a single Republican, he WILL lose all of the Indies, and not even the KGB can fix that before 2020 (but rest assured, they WILL try, and tRump will reward them with more Victories in foreign Affairs)

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

For sure Trump is pushing the limits, beyond which even his GOP supporters may be able to withstand and rationalize.

Mitch McConnell published an op-ed in the Washington Post calling the withdrawal from Syria a grave mistake and bemoaning the United States' loss of global leadership should we continue on the current path this admin has put us on.  America first = America alone.

Then, for the icing on the cake, Trump awards the G7 summit to his own golf course!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@Richva wrote:

My theory is that he knows his corruption will come to light next year after he loses the election and is planning an insanity defense. I have to admit, he is convincing. 

@Richva, truly you have summed up the trouble with The Child in the White House.  He is convincingly insane even though not yet formally diagnosed.  But with each snap decision and each declaration of his superior intellect, The Donald reveals more and more that we have a greed-obsessed, narcisstic, lunatic sitting on the throne (King Donald's throne) of the nation. And our only hope is to get him out by the hook of impeachment or by the power of an unobstructed vote of the American people.

"Freedom from tyranny!  Out with Dictator Trump!"

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

If any of them have any brains left what so ever, they will go in and tell the truth and all of it.

Why jeopardize going to jail for lying for Tne Donald and knowing full well he won't lie for you. 

They all this time could not put the Country first, now may be the time to put themselves first. Now, this just might be what is going to finally put The Donald out of office if we are lucky.  

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump veterans see a presidency veering off the rails

Message 6 of 6

When Trump was elected, the GOP assured everyone that his inexperience and history of erratic behavior could be balanced with a staff of top advisers. You have to give them credit, the advisers lasted almost two of Trump's 3 years before they could take it no longer. It appears that Trump is now exercising his basic instincts by doubling down on what a magnificent president he is without any restrictions. The results have been spectacular failures and even the Republicans are starting to notice. 

My theory is that he knows his corruption will come to light next year after he loses the election and is planning an insanity defense. I have to admit, he is convincing. 

Former Trump White House officials and other Republicans close to the White House are increasingly worried about President Trump’s erratic behavior and say there are no longer enough safeguards around him to prevent self-inflicted disasters large and small.

Just in the last two weeks, Trump precipitously withdrew U.S. troops from northern Syria and attacked America’s Kurdish allies as “no angels,” sparking outrage among GOP lawmakers; released a letter to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan whose undiplomatic language was widely mocked; called his former defense secretary “the world’s most overrated general”; and blew up at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi during a meeting his own White House had called.

Story Continued Below

His acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, also admitted on national television that the administration had held up aid to Ukraine for political purposes, before reversing himself hours later on Trump’s orders and claiming his remarks had been “misconstrued.”

Story Continued Below

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/19/trump-white-house-staff-051393

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors