Honored Social Butterfly

Trump vents as more states move to expand vote-by-mail

More bad news for the Trump reelection committee.  It appears people will be able to vote without having to risk their lives after all. I am wondering if Trump will use his unproven voter fraud line in an attempt to stay in office after January or as a reason to leave for his new home in Moscow early. 

Texas, where a federal judge ruled on Tuesday that all voters can request an absentee ballot if they fear contracting the coronavirus by going to the polls in person, dealing a blow to Republicans in the state who had argued against sending ballots for that reason.

And in Michigan, the state's Democratic secretary of state said this week that all eligible voters would be mailed an absentee ballot application ahead of the November general election. Michigan is one of dozens of states that allow voters to cast their ballot by mail for any reason and it is a key swing state in the November presidential election.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/politics/vote-by-mail-trump/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1Thq-PuoIGEY5y5_ReM... 

Social Butterfly

Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity  

Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_Advisory_Commission_on_Election_Integrity

The Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity (PEIC or PACEI), also called the Voter Fraud Commission, was a Presidential Commission established by Donald Trump that ran from May 11, 2017 to January 3, 2018.[1][2] The Trump administration said the commission would review claims of voter fraud, improper registration, and voter suppression.[3] The establishment of the commission followed through on previous discredited claims by Trump that millions of illegal immigrants had voted in the 2016 United States presidential election, costing him the popular vote.[4] Vice President Mike Pence served as chair of the commission, while Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach served as vice chair and day-to-day administrator.

Voter rolls have high rates of inaccuracy. Voters move, die, and are incarcerated. Voter rolls may include erroneous superfluous entries as a result of fraudulent registration or failure to purge the roll when a voter dies, moves, or is sent to prison. A qualified voter may be legally registered in only one precinct. This is a matter of state law. In 2012, the Pew Trust estimated that 24 million voter records were inaccurate or invalid, including approximately 1.8 million records of deceased people who remained on voter rolls.[36] In October 2016, Trump conflated these irregularities with voter fraud and wrongly cited the Pew report as evidence that 1.8 million people were fraudulently voting against him.[37] Voting twice is a third degree felony in most states.[38] Erroneous superfluous entries on a voter roll cannot affect an election if nobody fraudulently votes using the superfluous registration entry.[n 1]

Erroneous deletions from a voter roll can potentially affect an election outcome by preventing qualified voters from casting ballots. In November 2016, the New York City Board of Elections was ordered by a federal judge to make affidavit ballots available to people who believed their registrations were improperly purged.[39] A computer analysis by The Palm Beach Post found that at least 1,100 eligible voters were wrongly purged from the Florida Central Voter File before the 2000 US presidential election, causing some eligible voters to be turned away at polling stations.[40] Some commentators and courts have concluded that improperly conducted purges affect political parties differently and disenfranchise racial minorities.[41] For instance, the 2000 Florida purge led to thousands of voters being wrongly disenfranchised, a disproportionate number of them black.[42]

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Vote by mail is great. Multiple states use it routinely. Probably is already secure enough. And the USPO knows how to handle mail issues.
sr41
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

senior1941
Vote by mail is great. Multiple states use it routinely. Probably is already secure enough. And the USPO knows how to handle mail issues.

In New Mexico, we are going through the process of monitoring the mail in ballots for the upcoming primary.  It has been VERY tough for the Republicans to challenge  any Democratic ballots as the system is so secure. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Mt. St. Helens venting and growth of volcanic activity had been monitored for months.  40 years and 3 days ago she finally did blow her top.  dt's vents are getting smokin hot.  He'll likely need to be subdued at some point - around the corner, in the street - removed to explode elsewhere.

Could be his ISSUES with the US Postal Service will cause his final Day of Self  Destruction.  Pretty sure we'll recognize it when and wherever that does happen and, that we're prepared to make it a go without him.  Obviously.

Social Butterfly

Well, in all honesty, i have to say i'm not sure what all the hoopla is about regarding "voting by mail". I've been voting by early mail-in ballot for a lot of years.🤔  One reason that comes to my mind, would be the ILLEGALS voting.  But i think a lot of states are allowing them (the illegals) , as disgusting as that is, to vote anyway. 😠  I mean our own Governors are breaking out laws, with sanctuary cities/states, blocking ICE, and much more... and getting away with it, so why wouldn't they be ok with anybody else breaking our laws.  

Just thinking out loud, i guess, but this reminds me that i have more research to do.  Thanks!  I mean the election is not that far off now...

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver1943     One reason that comes to my mind, would be the ILLEGALS voting.  But i think a lot of states are allowing them (the illegals) , as disgusting as that is, to vote anyway. 

Non citizens voting is one of those really random thoughts that seem to pop into the heads of people who don't really think about how voting works.   You have to show up to register and prove that you are a citizen of the United States.   In order to get an absentee ballot you must be a registered voter and it has to be sent to your home of record.  For as often as the Republicans have used the "illegals voting" excuse, you know they are trying desperately to find a case where it happened.  And yet, no cases have been presented as evidence. In fact, no evidence of voter fraud at all.  

They are lying to you again. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

sunluver1943     One reason that comes to my mind, would be the ILLEGALS voting.  But i think a lot of states are allowing them (the illegals) , as disgusting as that is, to vote anyway. 

Non citizens voting is one of those really random thoughts that seem to pop into the heads of people who don't really think about how voting works.   You have to show up to register and prove that you are a citizen of the United States.   In order to get an absentee ballot you must be a registered voter and it has to be sent to your home of record.  For as often as the Republicans have used the "illegals voting" excuse, you know they are trying desperately to find a case where it happened.  And yet, no cases have been presented as evidence. In fact, no evidence of voter fraud at all.  

They are lying to you again. 

Choose whatever word YOU want, you all prefer to bury your heads in the sand and use words like "non citizen" or "undocumented, blah, blah, blah, the FACT is they are ILLEGALS.  They came into this country by breaking our laws.  Ya'll are always twisting words to suit you. Welcome to ya'lls Haters World. 

And YES i do believe that ILLEGALS ARE/WILL BE VOTING!! Dems will give voter registration to the dead, if they can get away with it.  They don't care about this country,  their hate for President Trump has taken away all decency and common sense.

At least i'm not lying to myself, like you all are...

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

Choose whatever word YOU want,

United States Immigration & What It Means To Me

A short paragraph perhaps?

Are you a Native American citizen?  Hoping that's not too personal a question to ask.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver1943   And YES i do believe that ILLEGALS ARE/WILL BE VOTING!! 

If I understand your point, you are saying that rampant registration of people who are not eligible to vote is happening and the Republicans are so stupid they can't figure out how to expose this?  If that is the case, what evidence have YOU seen that gave it away? 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

sunluver1943   And YES i do believe that ILLEGALS ARE/WILL BE VOTING!! 

If I understand your point, you are saying that rampant registration of people who are not eligible to vote is happening and the Republicans are so stupid they can't figure out how to expose this?  If that is the case, what evidence have YOU seen that gave it away? 

Great questions !   ROFLMAO !!!!!

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump threatened to withhold aid to Michigan if Michigan continued to send absentee applications to its registered voters.

Trump got away with withholding aid to Ukraine if they didn't find dirt on Biden.

So now Trump is playing the same illegal **bleep** with Michigan as he did with Ukraine .... withholding aid to Michigan until Michigan obeys his demands!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

tRumpToad has done more than anyone (except possibly the Government of China) to expand Covid19 infections across America, providing assistance only to Red States and swin States while shipping 17TONS of PPE from the NATIONAL medical stockpile to the Government of China to distribute as they see fit.

Now he's threatening Democratic Governors that he will do EVEN LESS for their States if they make it easier for American Citizens to vote in November.

He's also not going to allow an "open season" for new registrations in Obamacare, and has banned all advertising for Medicare or Obamacare.

And still the tadpoles worship their Toad.

Democracy cannot survive with such people controlling our Government.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png