From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump to withdraw from Paris climate deal

Message 1 of 25

@rker321 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So Trump is all over the other countries to pay up on NATO but ignores breathable air?

What gives you the idea that Trump ignores breathable air?  Is that the slogan of the day for the left?What 

What left???? your left hand?  because, I don't know what you mea by "left"
It certainly doesn't apply to me or my political views.
I simply don't appove in the manner that everything have been done.

You really must learn that it's not all about you. That was a response to a comment from Rich.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 25

@Richva wrote:

I happened to run across this. Makes perfect sense to me. Trump abdicates responsibility. 

Trump Hands the Chinese a Gift: The Chance for Global Leadership

In pulling out of the Paris climate accord, Mr. Trump has created a vacuum of global leadership that presents ripe opportunities to allies and adversaries alike to reorder the world’s power structure. His decision is perhaps the greatest strategic gift to the Chinese, who are eager to fill the void that Washington is leaving around the world on everything from setting the rules of trade and environmental standards to financing the infrastructure projects that give Beijing vast influence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/us/politics/climate-accord-trump-china-global-leadership.html

CNN had a similar theory this morning. It made me wonder - how did we cede anything about climate change to the Chinese - they had no requirements for action or investment. Nothing has changed. 

In reality, President Trump refused to cede our national sovereignty to some globalist body and kick in a bunch of money.

There also has been the theory that we gave them leadership in alternate energy. How?? If there is a market for it, our corporations will build it and sell it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 25

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So Trump is all over the other countries to pay up on NATO but ignores breathable air?

So did you understand that chart?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 25

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

What gives you the idea that Trump ignores breathable air?  Is that the slogan of the day for the left?What 

What left???? your left hand?  because, I don't know what you mea by "left"
It certainly doesn't apply to me or my political views.
I simply don't appove in the manner that everything have been done.

But the vulgarian in the WH thinks is the way to act.
 I am waiting to see how many Republicans are going to stand beside Trump, once they are able to pass their agenda in Congress. I have the feeling that they will leave faster than fleas scaping from a mattress.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 25

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

What gives you the idea that Trump ignores breathable air?  Is that the slogan of the day for the left?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 25

I happened to run across this. Makes perfect sense to me. Trump abdicates responsibility. 

Trump Hands the Chinese a Gift: The Chance for Global Leadership

In pulling out of the Paris climate accord, Mr. Trump has created a vacuum of global leadership that presents ripe opportunities to allies and adversaries alike to reorder the world’s power structure. His decision is perhaps the greatest strategic gift to the Chinese, who are eager to fill the void that Washington is leaving around the world on everything from setting the rules of trade and environmental standards to financing the infrastructure projects that give Beijing vast influence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/us/politics/climate-accord-trump-china-global-leadership.html

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 25

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 25

I am  amazed to see here, that so many countries are so stupid as not to recognize what has been posted. And here we have posters that have to  bring up the light as to incompetence of all nations regarding the Paris Agreement.
I am so glad to see that it has been President Trump the individual that has had the clarity to point out the irregularies of this Paris negotiation and how invalid and stupid it happens to be.
Thank you Presiden Trump, but telling the American people how very incapable the rest of the nations happen to be. and only you, have the clarity of what is happening in the world.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

The Paris deal - first of all it was not properly executed. It was an Obama decree rather than a properly executed treaty with approval by the Senate. Second, we immediately effect our way of doing business while the real polluters merely promise to do something later. Third, it is designed as a form of international wealth redistribution.

@rk9152

If it's any consolation on this facts-challenged AARP commenting board, you are correct in chronological comment 6. And all the leftists that attacked you with their personal insults (which moderators should remove from this commenting board) and non-sequitur claims are wrong.

Since no one on this commenting board deals with facts, I went to the source: the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) web site to get some. The UNFCCC is a 30/40-something year old organization (UN stands for "useless nothing") that has held a series of high cost meetings in beautiful tourist locations at the U.S. taxpayers' expense and has come  up with a series of useless-nothing "accords," of which the Paris one is just the lastest.parispage.jpg

But based on the UNFCCC's own web site:

1. The leftists say every country in world but three has signed up for the Paris Accord. The UN web site says only about 100 countries as of June 1, 2017 have ratified the Paris Accord. Another 50 or so have "accepted" it. I am not sure difference is between ratified and accepted in UN speak but you are correct that in U.S.A., the difference is that the Paris Accord is just a useless pile of paper with Obama's signature on it.
  2. So despite what the left claims, only about 100 out of the over 200 countries in the world have ratified the Paris Agreement while over 100 -- not the fake news claim of "3" -- haven't.
  3. The left claims that the Paris Accord cannot be changed. The UN web site says it has been amended hundreds of times already. And there would be nothing to stop the U.S.A. from ratifying the Paris Accord now with provisions to our liking unless we also drop out of the UNFCCC (my preference would be to also drop out of the UN). Denmark is an example of a country that ratified the Paris Accord provisionally. Of course, as stated elsewhere here, the Obama administration never brought the Accord forward for ratification, provisional or otherwise.
  4. The UN web site says that the key information is in each country's National Determination of Contribution (NDC). Every country in the deal (both ratified and accepted) independently decides how it will hold down temperature increases (over its landmass -- ?), which seems to be the metric that matters (the 2 degree Celsius number that gets mentioned a lot)
  5. So for example, according to its NDC, China -- the worst polluter -- intends to increase its use of non fossil fuel to 20% of its total energy consumption by 2030 and plant a lot of trees (another fact you never hear from the left: it's just as good for the planet to plant a tree as to drive a Tesla).
  6. On the other hand, the U.S. NDC submitted by Obama includes no such specifics except to say the U.S.A hopes to reduce the amount of "greenhouse gas" by a certain amount by 2025. Obama and the left do not mention in the U.S.A. NDC that we -- according to our Energy Department -- are already at the 20% level of non-fossil fuel use that China claims it will reach in 2030. And we already have billions of acres of trees.

Probably like you, I'm all for saving the planet. Let's start by recycling all the paper wasted on the Paris Accord and call off the next meeting to save all that jet fuel the elites in their private jets will use flying in for it.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors