If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump to aids: Eliminate the deficit but don't reduce any spending or increase taxes.

Message 1 of 7

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Der Trumper will not tolerate anyone who does not faun over him and do exactly as he says, so his Administration WILL find a way to carry out his absurd command.

How?

Remember those TRUST Funds our parents and grandparents set up to insure Medicare, Social Security Retirement and Disability would always be there for us? Der Trumper's minions will systematically loot those accounts to stroke lil donnys ego and keep their jobs. Yertle McConnell has already promised to lead Republicans in the Senate to help in the destruction of our social safety net and prevent anyone taxing a rich person to pay a fair share ever again.

Can't happen? Remember the Highway Trust Fund that was to maintain our transportation infrastructure? Republican refusal to increase gasoline taxes to promote fuel economy has led to more pickups being used as commuter cars AND setup the Highway Trust to vanish in THREE YEARS. States long ago cut way back on MAINTENANCE because the Federal funds were shrinking, and by the time you're 12 year-old grandkid gets there license, the roads s/he'll drive on will be less safe than the ones you're 92 year-old granpa learned to drive on. For Republicans that's progress, so Der Trumper will do the same to SS and Medicare, and his moronic base will cheer the victory over Big Government.

What is the Trump Administration doing different that leads to your "looting of the trust funds" claim?

All those pickups on the highways are because of less gas taxes??? How about the recent drastic decrease in the cost of gas was that a Conservative plot too?

As to highway repairs - I remember scads of money being devoted to that purpose. it disappeared and the President joked that those shovel ready jobs weren't all that shovel ready.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump to aids: Eliminate the deficit but don't reduce any spending or increase taxes.

Message 2 of 7

@williamb39198 wrote:

@LydiaN586309

We’d like to say that you are wrong, but you are right...let’s make sure we don’t give him the time. 

Is that the Imperial "we" or do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

Der Trumper will not tolerate anyone who does not faun over him and do exactly as he says, so his Administration WILL find a way to carry out his absurd command.

How?

Remember those TRUST Funds our parents and grandparents set up to insure Medicare, Social Security Retirement and Disability would always be there for us? Der Trumper's minions will systematically loot those accounts to stroke lil donnys ego and keep their jobs. Yertle McConnell has already promised to lead Republicans in the Senate to help in the destruction of our social safety net and prevent anyone taxing a rich person to pay a fair share ever again.

Can't happen? Remember the Highway Trust Fund that was to maintain our transportation infrastructure? Republican refusal to increase gasoline taxes to promote fuel economy has led to more pickups being used as commuter cars AND setup the Highway Trust to vanish in THREE YEARS. States long ago cut way back on MAINTENANCE because the Federal funds were shrinking, and by the time you're 12 year-old grandkid gets there license, the roads s/he'll drive on will be less safe than the ones you're 92 year-old granpa learned to drive on. For Republicans that's progress, so Der Trumper will do the same to SS and Medicare, and his moronic base will cheer the victory over Big Government.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@LydiaN586309

We’d like to say that you are wrong, but you are right...let’s make sure we don’t give him the time. 

Other than idiotic proposals, he also presents unsolvable problems.... he does not have a clue as to how to lead...

and he blames others for his inability to lead. What’s even weirder, people support him without question...bad judgment seems to be at least a 50/50 proposition! 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

The problem with Trump (one among many) is that he being a business man (covering my mouth here to stifle my own laughter), has always done pretty much whatever he so pleased.  And when it came to the day-to-day operation of his business(es), I think he was just used to barking out ideas along with orders to his minions to simply "GET IT DONE!" 

As president, he has pretty much continued that mode of operation because he hasn't got a clue how things are done in Washington or in the normal running of a government.  I don't think he's ever really had to deal with a budget or a "bottomline"  because he's always been able to find someone (his father) or some entity (Russia, the Saudis, bankruptcy) to bale him out of his self-made financial disasters.

So now in less than two years, 45 has amassed a 2 trillion dollar deficit on top of what was already there.  And NOW  he wants his aides to perform like magicians and fix it!  Well, they "better" because I don't think his buddies, Putin and MBS, will lend him a lick.  The only other alternative being Trump's old faithful resort......BANKRUPTCY!   Now, I know the right is protesting--saying my comments are extreme and that America is not any where near being bankrupt. But to that I simply say..."Give him time.  Just give him time."

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

I wonder if his followers really care. I know I do.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump to aids: Eliminate the deficit but don't reduce any spending or increase taxes.

Message 7 of 7

Don't touch the military, Social Security, or Medicare (the last two because they are so popular with the voters).  Trump has proposed a second tax cut, this time for he middle class of 10%.  “He’d just say, run the presses, run the presses,” one former senior administration official said, describing the president's Oval Office orders. “Sometimes it seemed like he was joking, and sometimes it didn't.” 

The deficit has increased ~$2 Trillion under Trump. God save us from the person Rex Tillerson called "A Moron". 

President Trump is demanding top advisers craft a plan to reduce the country’s ballooning budget deficits, but the president has flummoxed his own aides by repeatedly seeking new spending while ruling out measures needed to address the country’s unbalanced budget.

Trump’s deficit-reduction directive came last month, after the White House reported a large increase in the deficit for the previous 12 months. The announcement unnerved Republicans and investors, helping fuel a big sell-off in the stock market. Two days after the deficit report, Trump floated a surprise demand to his Cabinet secretaries, asking them to identify steep cuts in their agencies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-demands-action-to-reduce-deficit-and-pushes-new-defici...

Kudos
Views
Replies